Chapter 1

Into Your World

D.O. knocked twice on the wooden door before swinging it wide open. As he stepped into his father's study, ten heads peered around from behind the couches to look up at him. Other than the anticipation in their eyes, their expressions were unreadable. D.O. felt his brows rise.

The sight of his ten brothers all present and occupying the couches surprised him; he had expected a mere meeting between him and his father. What was even more unusual was that all of the brothers were so well dressed and looking sharp today. D.O. looked down at his own outfit of the day: a black hoodie, dark-washed jeans, and sneakers. He felt strangely underdressed. 

Not sure what to think about the situation, he stood there for a second hesitantly. The atmosphere was tense but there was also an unexplainable excitement. D.O. peered curiously over at the middle aged man behind the mahogany desk. The man, who was his father, finished writing something and put down his pen to look up at him.

"Sit down Kyungsoo. We've been waiting for you," he said in his authoritative tone. D.O. quickly bowed and took a seat beside Xiumin who had beckoned at the space between him and Suho.

“This is about who will take the throne as Father’s successor!” Chanyeol leaned over Suho to whisper to D.O.

Seeing that everyone was finally present and seated, their father spoke. "I think you all know the reason for why I have gathered you here," he began.

Most in the room nodded excitedly while D.O. rolled his eyes. He had not known when he came and probably would not have bothered to come if he knew.

"The time has come for me to prepare an heir to my position. And as you all know, I do not have any children. This means that one of you will succeed me." He paused to let the boys take in what he was saying before continuing. "However, there is a problem. Although all of you possess great powers and most of you are more than capable of being a leader, the heir must have a telepathic power. It is one of the first and foremost laws of EXO."

Upon hearing this, everyone frowned in confusion because then, none of them would qualify, since none of them had the required power.

"But-" Suho started but was waved away by his father.

"The only way for any of you to be king would be for you to have a consort with the needed ability. That is the loophole." He informed and then studied each person's reactions thoroughly. A few looked surprised while the others simply nodded in acknowledgement of the fact.

Their father continued on. "Telepathic powers are very rare, but luckily I know the perfect person who meets all the requirements." Now, everybody looked surprised as they had expected that they had to find such a person themselves. "She is around your age and lives in Canada. But don’t worry, she is Korean and can speak the language fluently.” Chanyeol whistled, being the jokester that he was.

“I am not sure exactly what kind of telepathic power she has because there was no data. I only know that she has the power because her father had a related power. But, there is one catch. She doesn’t seem to know that she has telepathic ability. And you guys should also know that she doesn't know about any of this. She doesn't know about EXO."

"What?!" screamed some of the boys. And with that followed a stream of complaints.

"Father, you can’t expect us to have to explain to her about this whole world?! It is-" Baekhyun exclaimed but he was cut off by a sharp look.

"Go to Canada, and meet the girl named Song Jaemi. Make her your girl, and I will name you heir to the position of King. Guide her well. It will prove you worthy as the leader of EXO.”

“So you are saying that she gets to decide which one of us will be your heir? But Father that’s not fair, you know of our abilities much better than she does!” Kai reasoned.

The boys’ father shook his head. “This is not up for bargaining. There is no other way since none of you are my biological son.  I believe you all have potential. Go to Canada and live with her. Teach her our ways and help her develop her power. Don't come back until it's done. All of you."

 

The ruler of EXO waited till all of his sons had left before leaning back into his chair with a sigh. "Finally things are returning to how it should have been."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Suho sat, waiting at the top stair of the mansion’s grand doorstep. Being the leader of his group, he had decided to come meet the telepath girl first. He was always the one to set a good example for his brothers, even if he was younger than Xiumin and Luhan. Perhaps it was because he was the first son that was adopted; as the boys came in one by one, they automatically looked up to him as their hyung.

Suho sighed. He had already been waiting here alone for a good 30 minutes. It was that time of the year, when the weather was the hottest and barely a breeze was present. The rest of the boys were supposed to arrive in half an hour. Suho feared that his effort to arrive early would be in vain because it didn’t look like the owner of the house would be back anytime soon, at least not before the rest of the boys got here.

As soon as his father had finished his announcement yesterday, Suho had already booked a seat for the upcoming flight to Vancouver. Within a couple hours he had already finished packing and was boarding the plane. Usually when travelling as a group, he would wait to make sure everyone else was ready before preparing himself, but this time was a different case. Ever since he was adopted he had expected to be the heir to the throne. Never had he expected that he would have to compete with his closest friends for the position.

Suho turned around to stare at the house before him. He had been worried about how all of his brothers and him could possibly fit in the girl’s house and still have enough room to breathe; but now he saw that his worry had been unnecessary. This was not a simple house, it was a mansion. Judging from the amount of land the mansion covered, he guessed that there was at least 8 bedrooms.

So the housing wasn’t a problem. But what about her parents? Or parent? Suho had read the information that Father had provided them with. Song Jaemi’s father had disappeared 16 years ago. But what about her mother? What was he supposed to tell her mother? What could he say that would convince her to let a bunch of random boys from South Korea stay in her house? That is, if they manage to convince the girl herself first.

Being deep in thought, he was shocked when suddenly, out of nowhere, a boy appeared before him. Suho staggered back, startled by his appearance. The boy smirked.

“Wow, you moved fast hyung. I thought I would be the first one here. You know, the others were pretty upset when they found out that you already left.”

“Yah! How many times do I have to tell you to not appear so suddenly like that? Not to mention you were like 2 feet away from me!”

“Sorry,” Kai replied with indifference. “It has become a habit.”

“More like hearing me scold you but still ignoring what I said has become a habit!” Suho rebuked but a smile was already tugging at his lips.

“Don’t worry hyung, it will eventually become a habit for you to not be surprised anymore.” Kai joked which earned a light punch from Suho.

 

The two chatted for a while, discussing what to do later on when the girl came home. Then, in the distance, they heard Chanyeol’s boisterous voice. “I can’t believe Suho hyung just left without telling us! And Kai, that sneaky bastard teleported! I’d like to put him in one of my fires one day!” He was louder than usual, perhaps it was because the quiet neighbourhood amplified his voice.

“Be right back,” Kai told Suho and disappeared before reappearing with his face only an inch from Chanyeol’s. “I’d like to see you try, my fiery friend,” he taunted and disappeared again.

“Yahhhhhh! Get back here!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After managing to stop Chanyeol and Kai’s bickering, Suho faced the boys who had just arrived with Chanyeol. “I’m sorry I didn’t wait for you guys. I just wanted to make things easier and explain things to her first, rather than scaring her with the sudden appearance of eleven boys.”

“Please, hyung, you just wanted a head start in the game.” Baekhyun said half-jokingly. Tao and Chen nodded in agreement, while D.O. and Sehun stayed silent.

“Well, it doesn’t matter anymore since you guys are here now. Nobody was home when I arrived, and I’ve been waiting outside since.”

Chanyeol who had just joined the conversation looked smug. “Guess I don’t need to burn Kai yet.”

Kai opened his mouth but before he could come up with a snarky reply, Suho glared at him. “Please, don’t start that again.”

“No, hyung, it’s not that. I just thought of an idea! I can teleport inside her house and unlock the door for you guys. We don’t have to keep waiting out here in the sun. Who knows when she’ll be back.”

The boys cheered at the brilliant idea but were soon interrupted by a stern Suho. “No, absolutely not. That is rude and what if by doing that, we scare her away?”

“Come on hyung. We will just tell her how we got inside, and then she’ll be enlightened about EXO too. Killing two birds with one stone.” Chen reasoned.

Suho hesitated. It sounded like a good idea but he didn’t want to make a bad first impression.

“Well I’m gonna do it!” Kai said quickly and without giving anybody a chance to stop him, he had already disappeared.

A mere second later, the front door swung open and cool air welcomed them.

 

 

Author's Note: So...first chapter is up! I'm aware that my writing could be better but right now I just wanna get the story going! I've been an avid reader on AFF for a while now but I've only just realized what an acheivement it is for those authors who have thousands of subscribers! Sunbae-nim's I respect you! haha :D

To my readers: I know you guys are out there! Please don't be shy to say hello! Or if you have any feedback I'd be happy to hear it! Thank you for reading my story and I hope you are enjoying it so far. Please comment or subscribe :) I don't bite ;)