Doctor ??

Rewind the Time

Nam Soon POV

Ugh..! Did I run into a lorry or something? I feel like crap! I blinked a few times to push away my last bit of sleepiness.  I look around..it’s my room. It’s too bright to my liking. It hurt my eyes and my head too. Heck..?!! How come I’m here? I don’t remember getting into my house, what more my room. I tried to get up but the moment I lift my head, but I quickly regret it. It feels like someone just drops a whole ton of rock onto my head. “!” I cursed loudly. I feel light headed and nauseous; I grunted. I try to move my body; but it’s just another stupid action; a sharp pain radiated throughout my upper body. Collections of the fight filled my mind. I scowled but then I let out a dry laugh. This’s what I got from my own mistake. I was too reckless, how come I let that piece of memory weaken me. I feel humiliated. The monstrous Tsunami got defeated by a mere recollection from his past. Considering my past involved a certain person named Park Heung Soo, I can’t lied to myself that even after so many years, I still can’t forget the incident; my own foolishness which result in a loss of something precious to me.

 I feel sore all over my body, and horribly weak. I shut my eyes..it’s useless. I won’t be able to move for some times. I need energy and food! I rub my empty stomach. I can’t remember the last time I ate. Aish!!!! “I’m hungry!!!” I yell to no one. A laughing voice filled my room. Surprised, I open my eyes, only to see Heung Soo standing by the door. What the hell?! Am I too hungry that I started seeing thing, or my mind is playing a trick on me again..?

Heung Soo then comes closer; step by step. I started to feel uncomfortable. As he stands beside my bed, I fixed my eyes at the wall, boring a hole. Just what is happening? Why is he here?

“You finally awake. You were out for one whole day. I was thinking to send you to hospital if you don’t wake up by the end of the day” For real?? I gulped.

“Look Nam Soon-ah…” I flinched; it feels like forever since I heard he called my name. His voice…I miss it so much. I fight back my tears. No matter what, I won’t shed a tear in front of him. “…you must have a lot to ask. Hhmm…” I feel an extra weight on the bed. “I went to your house last Monday…to borrow your maths book..” he paused and sighed. What..? Maths book? Don’t make me laugh~ since when you care about school, saekkiya. “I just happen to saw you at the side road, you look awful…I just can’t let you alone”

I snorted. It’s too good to be true. Without shifting my eyes and with a cold voice, I replied, “You should have to..like how you did three years ago” I won’t believe it; no way he would take care of me. “I’m fine now. You can go” The weight on my bed slowly decreasing. I feel a tug in my heart. Is he really leaving? No…! Please stay..make an excuse..I need you..just a little longer…I miss you too much, you punk!

Heung Soo POV

No way I would leave you like this, Nam Soon-ah. I’m still in my right mind..just that I wasn’t three years ago. It won’t be easy to reverse the situation, to make things right again, but I swear I won’t let any passing chance slip through my hands. I lost you once and hell it won’t happen again. I got up from the bed and walked to the other side of bed, bending my body to the front, as I stare into his eyes; it’s beautiful (of course, my Nam Soonie always have a gorgeous eyes) yet so insecure. “Shut up, idiot! I’m itching to smack you now. Since you sustain too much injury..adding another bruise would be mean right?” I joked, as I try to loosen the increasing tension and awkwardness between us. “I’ll help you around, till you are in a good shape again. When you have enough energy to kicks me out, just do so. I won’t mind, but until then, say hi to your new doctor” I ruffled his hair as I try my best to stop myself from laughing out loud. Nam Soon is staring back at me, wide eyes.  He opened his mouth to say something but no words come out. He must be cursing me inside. Putting on my innocent face, I kiss his forehead. A little peck won’t hurt right? Nam Soon is always the skinship type. “Yahhhhh!!!! You crazy bastard!!!!” He yell into my ears. His face flushed. Without I realise, my heart skip a little faster. No…no…! No time for that now.

I help him into a sitting position, as I get my hand around him, holding him for support, as gently as I could muster, but he still winched at the sudden movement. A pained expression on Nam Soon’s face makes my heart waver. Should I let him lay down again? But he needs to eat something. “Are you feeling ok? I asked as he leaned against the headstand. He closed his eyes for a second, as if to shut down the pain. I waited for his respond. “Yeah I’m good. I thought someone just -slapped my body. Other than that I’m feeling marvellous” he answered, stressing on the last word. I just rolled my eyes, fighting the urge to hit him. Patience Park Heung Soo…patience! It’s just the pain talking. “Then should I scare away the with my charm?” I counterattacked him. He scoffed, “As if you have any of it. I looked at him, disbelief. No charm my ! Just before I want to strike him again, his voice comes whining, asking for food that I promised earlier.

“Ah…food? Yes..yes…coming!” I hurriedly storm out to the kitchen, hiding my embarrassment. I got too carried away that I forgot my initial attention- to bring Nam Soon back to health.

{end of pov~}

Heung Soo enters the room again, holding a tray. As he put down the tray on the bedside table, Nam Soon observed the porridge hungrily. A pair of hand picking up the bowl brought Nam Soon to stare at Heung Soo with his questioning eyes. “I thought it’s for me?”

Heung Soo smiled a bit. “Of course. I’m going to feed you, saekkiya”

“What did you say?” Nam Soon asked, stuttering. ‘Did I hear it right?’ he thought to himself.

“I said, open your mouth” Heung Soo replied, smiling as he bring a spoonful of warm porridge to Nam Soon’s sealed mouth. Nam Soon glares at the older. “I can eat by myself!” he growled.

Heung soo shake his head, disapproving. “I’ll do it” he insisted. Before Nam Soon could argue back, his empty stomach betrays him, making a loud voice. Nam Soon bites my lips, too embarrass to say anything now. His embarrassment doubled when he heard Heung Soo laughing; he pouted. For a tiny moment, Nam Soon seems to forget about their complicated relationship.

“Now now..why don’t you be an obedient patient and say ‘ahhhh’ “ Heung Soo say, still playing the doctor-patient-situation.

Giving up, Nam Soon let Heung Soo feed him as he wished. He’s too hungry to argue back. It didn’t take a long time for Nam Soon to finish eating. Heung Soo smiled satisfied. After helping Nam Soon to drink a glass of water, he collects the empty dish to wash it. None of them say anything. But it doesn’t bother Heung Soo. He glad that he could do something for the younger.

“By the way, your porridge tastes horrible” Heung Soo make an emergency brake at the door. He turned around to look at Nam Soon; the boy is pretending to sleep. Heung Soo smiled. “You’re welcome, saekkiya” From the door, Heung Soo noticed that Nam Soon’s ear turned red. He let it slide, considering that he shouldn’t push the younger too far. He still need to rest.

Heung Soo leaves the room quietly. As he stands at kitchen, he sighed loudly, looking at the mess he created in the process of making the porridge. There are one burned pot and four unwashed pot, filled with porridge in the sink, leftover carrot and some other vegies scramble across the table, and potato’s skin everywhere on the floor. You see,  Heung Soo isn’t a cook person, obviously. The most he can do is cooking a ramyun. His first try resulted in a burned pot. Till now, he still don’t know how it could ended like that. But he doesn’t give up. He looked through recipes in the net and try for a second time. However, it’s inedible. He choked at his own cooking, there’s no way he would feed Nam Soon with that. The younger might end up in a hospital for food poisoning instead of his bruises. Feeling motivated, he tried for the third and fourth time. By the sixth trial, he’s finally satisfied with the taste and happily waiting for Nam Soon to wake up. He knows the younger must be starving once he’s awake.

“Aish! Now I need to clean this” he complaint but started working nonetheless. After spending more or less two hours in the kitchen, Heung Soo goes back to Nam Soon’s room, only to find the younger sleeping soundly. As he sat down next to him, he takes the younger’s hand and holds it firmly in his. “I’ll protect you Nam Soon-ah” he pledged with determination. He observed the figure before him, and finds his eyes getting heavier. Though he intended to watch the younger sleep, he gives up to the sleepiness.

***

Feeling fresh and slightly better, Nam Soon wakes up from his slumber. It’s getting dark outside. He sighed. Nam Soon then noticed the sleeping Heung soo, as he studied his face, a tear escaped from his eyes. “Idiot bastard” he mumbled under his breath, as he hastily wipe off his tears with his back hand. Speaking of hand, he gasped when he saw Heung Soo is holding his hand; their fingers entangled perfectly. ‘It must be uncomfortable to sleep like that’ he thought to himself, feeling sorry for the other. He was thinking to wake up the older when he noticed something unusual. He’s bare hand and his upper body feels chilly. He fights back a scream. He is half . ‘How can it happen?!! Why didn’t I notice it earlier!!!!’ He looks across the room to find his t-shirt or something to cover up his upper body. He sighed miserably when he find nothing.

“Yahhh!” Nam Soon flicked Heung soo’s forehead as hard as possible. The sleepyhead open his eyes and look at the younger, startled. “What?” he asked shortly, didn’t quite understand why the younger is now glaring at him, yet his face is flushed. “Saekkiya!! Why am I…” Nam soon paused, as his face reddened, “…Where’s my shirt?!” he managed to change his question.

Heung soo’s eyes travel down to feast on Nam soon’s bare upper body. The milky skin with tainted purplish bruises makes his heart skip a beat. Embarrass, he cleared his throat as he struggling to answer the younger. “I forgot to wear you one after I treat your wounds” he answered sheepishly.

Nam Soon didn’t stop glaring. “Forgot..my ” he hit the older’s head. “Yah..move! I’m going to wash up” Nam Soon said. He needs to get away from Heung soo immediately. It’s too awkward and he stinks.

As Heung Soo’s hand slip around him, Nam Soon hold in his breath. “What are you doing, you ?” Nam Soon sneered; Heung Soo is driving him crazy.

“Err…to drop you in the bathroom. Why..? You need help to wash up too?” Heung soo answered innocently. Nam Soon greeted his teeth; feeling furious. Heung Soo is taking advantage over him.

“Hell no! I can walk by myself!” Nam Soon grunted. But Heung soo didn’t listen to him at him. Ignoring the yell and complaint from Nam Soon, he continued to carry Nam Soon to the bathroom. Once they are inside, Nam Soon feels a huge tension building inside him. ‘He’s only joking about…’ Nam Soon screams inside his heart. He couldn’t bring himself to finish his thought.

Heung soo then put the younger to the ground, helping him to stands properly, right in front of the mirror.  “Aren’t you going out, saekkiya?!!” Nam soon stuttered, though he wants to sound bold and angry. Instead, Heung soo close the distance between them, smirking to the younger.

Nam soon’s feeling scared; this feeling is worse than fighting the other jjang or gangs. He gulped down bitterly, with his eyes glued to the floor.

“Why sweat, Nam Soon-ah?” Heung soo teased. Nam Soon could only cursed the other silently. When Heung Soo is finally standing behind him, he slowly removed the bandages on the younger’s head and shoulder. As he does so, Heung soo fixed his eyes to the mirror, checking their reflection. Nam Soon’s nervousness is obvious. He tried to hold back a laugh. Once he’s finished, Heung Soo smooch the bruised shoulder, sending a shock to Nam Soon’s sense. He froze on the spot. “Call me if you need anything” He smiled into the mirror, before leaving the bathroom.

Nam Soon then immediately locks the door, too afraid if Heung soo barged in unnoticed. Catching his breath, his turn on the shower, letting it wet him completely. The cold water somehow helps to cool down his racing heart and make his bruises feel better. “Idiot!” he cursed.

***

Nam Soon was about to wear his shirt, when his room is wide open, and Heung soo entered without asking his permission. Nam soon was startled. He thought Heung soo is still busy at the kitchen. Earlier, Nam soon is having a hard time to go out from the bathroom. After a while, he gives up and slowly open the door, to check if the older is around. When everything’s clear, Nam Soon speed off to his room. He knows he should be angry at Heung soo now but this circumstance doesn’t allow him to. It was hard enough to keep his cool around the other. Once inside, Nam Soon hurriedly dress up but luck wasn’t in his side.

“Aren’t you going to put some ointment first saekkiya?” Heung Soo asked, his expression is bitter. He hates it when Nam Soon take his bruises lightly.

“Mind your own business, punk” Nam soon mocked, as he continued to put on his shirt.

“Don’t you dare!!” Heung soo raised his voice, threatening the younger. Nam soon didn’t bother the treat at all. He walked past Heung soo; he wants to get a drink. Heung soo grabbed Nam Soon’s hand, shocking him. He cornered Nam soon until he was trapped between Heung soo and the wall.

“Open it or I’ll do it by force” Heung soo whisper into Nam soon’s ears. The younger shivered. He don’t want to follow Heung soo’s order but at the same time, he worried about what Heung soo would do if he didn’t.

“No..?” Heung soo asked when Nam soon seem to be taking too much time to respond. “F-fine! I’ll do it” Nam soon finally gives up. Satisfied, Heung soo retreat to get the ointment and bandages. Feeling annoyed, Nam Soon sat down. Heung soo joined him, started to apply the ointment on Nam soon’s body. Each touch makes Nam soon suffocated. ‘Finish it faster, punk!’

“Your shoulder need a proper treatment” Heung soo say as a matter of fact, as he finished bandage it. “Go to hospital tomorrow” the older continue. “It will heal soon” Nam soon reject the idea. “Just go, idiot” Heung soo ordered. Nam soon rolled his eyes, “Like hell I would, bastard!” He then get up and walked straight to the kitchen.

“Where are you going, saekkiya?” Heung soo yelled when Nam Soon is out of his sight.

“Going to cook ramyun” Nam Soon yelled back from the kitchen. ‘As a token of appreciation~’ Nam soon thought to himself. Inside the room, Heung soo is smiling widely; he can’t wait to eat the ramyun.

***

It’s past midnight and both boys are worn out. They are ready to retired to a dream land. “Hey” Heung soo called. Although Nam soon didn’t respond to the guy beside him, he is listening to the older. “I’m leaving tomorrow. School, you know” Heung soo said; his attention no more at the television. The drama seems to be uninterested all of a sudden.

Nam Soon feels weary. He don’t want Heung soo to leave just yet. He afraid if he let him go, that they would go back to square one. Though he hate to admit it, today is the best day in his life after three painful years. He feels alive and complete with Heung soo by his side.

“But you..take another day off. Rest properly..and take care of your shoulder especially. I will personally tell Ms Jung. “ Nam soon stays quiet.

They stare at the television but their mind no longer on it. After a moment of silent, Nam Soon gets up and walked to his room, leaving Heung soo all alone in the living room.

Heung soo stare at Nam Soon’s back. He’s aching to sleep together with Nam soon tonight, obviously he won’t get the chance. As Nam Soon close the door behind him, Heung soo sighed deeply.

***

Mr Kang is blabbering at the front, about their grade and the coming test. Heung soo doesn’t give a damn about it. With his eyes close and hands tucked inside the pocket, his mind is wondering to Nam Soon’s house. ‘Is he still sleeping? I hope he remember to apply the ointment..Aish this stupid punk!’

A loud thud stopped Mr Kang from his speech. “Aigoo President Go..you are tardy”

Heung soo quickly opened his eyes. He looked to his left side and saw Nam Soon. He bowed down lightly to Ms Jung. “Mian sam”

“Nevermind. Don’t forget to pay the late fees” Nam soon nodded, before walking to his seat. He ignore the glaring from Heung soo as he walked past him. 

At first he don't want to bother the glaring from Heung soo but it's getting uncomfortable and he worried if Mr Kang notice it. Fed up, he glance back to Heung soo. 'What are you doing here, saekkiya?!' the older mouthed. His eyes are dangerous. However, Nam soon just rolled his eyes and mouthed 'school' to Heung soo before he look to the front, pretending to listen to Mr Kang