Two

His Frozen Heart

Hyomin’s P.O.V

Ever since the day after WooHyun got sick, he started talking to me and paying more attention to me. At first, I was really shocked and not sure what to do since it was too sudden for me. But as weeks goes by, I started getting closer to him, and we both started sharing things about ourselves which includes our own secrets. We are friends currently, with me having a one sided crush on him, but that is better than nothing, right?

 

Just as things were going well, an announcement was made. Jiyeon is coming to stay in the mansion for the next week. Don’t get me wrong, Jiyeon is nice, kind and cheerful, but hey, even so, whenever you know a love rival is around you, you will get all fidgety isn’t it? That is how I felt exactly. Nonetheless, I have decided to keep being normal, since everything will still be the same, or so I thought.

 

“Hyomin! Did you hear the announcement about Jiyeon coming into the mansion in a few days and living with us for a week? I miss her so much, and I am so looking forward to it!” I smiled as I nodded, and tried to keep up the daily routine with him. But as times goes, and the day when Jiyeon is arriving gets near, the distance between WooHyun and I got further again. Every single day, all he does is make preparations for Jiyeon’s arrival, and the only time that I get to see him, was only during dinner time, other than that, he is like invisible.

 

Finally, the day arrived of Jiyeon arrival arrived. At first, I thought everything would be fine, and it will be back to normal after a week. But who knows, after just 3 days, I was the one who actually left.

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

The time to meet Jiyeon is finally here, and I have been waiting for it for so long. Right now, I only treat Jiyeon as a sister and nothing more. My feelings for her have decreased and I am sure it is because of Hyomin. These days I have been so busy preparing for Jiyeon and I kind of missed her, but I will get to see her soon, since the three of us will be hanging out often for this one week.

 

“WooHyun – ah!” My face lit up when I heard the melodic voice of Jiyeon. I turned out to be greeted with a big hug from her. I hugged her back tightly for a while and only let go after a few seconds. We exchanged words for quite some time and that was when I realized Hyomin was acting a little weird. The moment I saw Hyomin, I dragged Jiyeon by the hand, wanting to introduce the girls to each other, and the response from Hyomin was not expected.

 

Instead of joining us, she excused herself saying that she needed to attend to something urgently. At first, I took no notice of it, thinking that she really had something urgent to attend to. However, as time goes by, I find it getting more and more suspicious. Every single time, she will find some stupid excuse and whenever I try talking to her, she would just let it off with a few words.

 

After a few days of cold treatment from her, I could take it no more and I have decided to have a talk with her. I stood up from my place, and walked around, trying to locate her, only to see her spilling hot tea on Jiyeon. Without even understanding the situation, I walked over angrily and pulled Hyomin away from Jiyeon while I stood in front of Jiyeon and there, I began yelling.

 

“Park Hyomin, what do you think you are doing? Cold treatments from you these days and now you are deliberately spilling hot tea?” Not allowing Hyomin to speak a word or even explain, I looked over to Jiyeon and held her closely to me, making sure she won’t fall or anything.  “Let’s just hope it is only a minor scald. If anything more happens than that, you will have to responsible. Oh, and one more thing, if you are that unhappy about staying in this mansion, you are free to leave.” With that, I took Jiyeon to her room to rest, while leaving Hyomin alone.

 

After the doctor left, Jiyeon started scolding me. “Bad prince, stupid prince, just how ignorant can you get?” Not able to comprehend what she meant, I just sat there and gave a confused look, not knowing what to do. “I was the one who accidentally spilled the hot tea on me, and can’t you see, her hand was scalded too! You said she deliberately did it, and not even giving her a chance to explain, that was so mean of you. One more thing, the reason why she gave cold treatments these days was because you neglected her, and she thought she shouldn’t disturb the happy times that you are experiencing with me.”

 

With a sigh, she continued her talking with a softer voice. “WooHyun… Hyomin loves you. She told me that just now. But you know what? She thinks that you still have feelings for me, which is why she never ever makes a move. Lastly, she said she is willing to give up on you if you asked her to. From what I heard just now, you clearly asked her to leave.”

 

Not able to believe what I just heard, I looked at Jiyeon with no words coming out of my mouth. Does this mean… I have misunderstood her? “I know you love her, WooHyun. These past few days, you have been talking about her and just her alone. I can see she finally melted that frozen heart of yours. Shouldn’t you be fair and give her a chance? Or rather, give both of you a chance?”

 

I nodded and stood up, running out of the room and searching up high and low for her, so that I could apologize to her. But no matter where I ran over to, there was no sight of her at all, and that was when I bumped into my mother. “Mother, did you see Hyomin?”
 

She looked at me with a confused look and said. “Why are you looking for her?” I shook my head and replied. “I will explain later and ….” Before I could finish my sentence, my mother cut me off, leaving me in surprise. “Didn’t you ask her to leave? So why are you looking for her now?”
 

I stood there in silence, looking at my mum with that confused look of mine again. How did she even know about this? “Hyomin… you are not allowed to see her again. I will get ready the divorce papers and all you need to do it sign on it.”

 

“But mother…”

 

“I hope you are happy with this decision made.” With that, she walked away, leaving me alone, not knowing what to do.

 

I don’t want a divorce, not when I have understood her feelings for me. Hyomin, just where are you?