Three

His Frozen Heart

Hyomin’s P.O.V

I sighed for the ten thousandth times as I see WooHyun hanging out with Jiyeon again. I shook my head as I walked towards my room when I bumped into the Queen.

“Oh, Hyomin – ah, what are you doing here? Why don’t you join WooHyun and Jiyeon?” Unable to keep the frustration to myself anymore, and since I regard the queen like my own mother, I told her everything, from WooHyun slowly forgetting about my existence, to me being jealous that Jiyeon has WooHyun all to herself.

 

Upon hearing that, the queen burst out into laughter. “Hyomin – ah, I had no idea that you were this cute. But no worries, I won’t let WooHyun carrying on with this!” Upon hearing that, a smile appeared on my face without me realizing.

 

After that, the queen left me and I walked over to the garden, wanting to have some time alone. Just then, I heard someone calling me and I turned around to greet her. “Hello Jiyeon – ssi.” I bowed slightly while greeting her as she smiled. “Don’t need to be so formal. You can just call me Jiyeon, and I can call you unnie right? You are older than me, and I really want to be close to you. I can do that right?” Looking at her face, I nodded my head slightly with a forced smile. It does seem a little awkward for now since I have been trying to avoid her for the past few days and here she is, trying to be close to me.

 

From there, we started talking, she is nice, and slowly I understood why WooHyun had such strong feelings for her. Finally, the topic about WooHyun came. She began asking me about the reason for my cold attitude and I just told her the truth. I am not the type of person who likes to lie, and once you asked me a question, no matter how reluctant I am to the answer to you, I will still do it, with no lies involved.

 

After telling her everything, she smiled and gave me a hug. “You really love WooHyun, right? I hereby wish you two, eternal happiness and I am sure you are the right person for him.” Despite hearing that, my mood went down instead of doing the oppositely. I pushed her away from the hug gently and put on a fake smile. “But the one he loves is you, and not me.”  I could see the shock expression on her face and that she was about to reply, but she got cut off by the maid who sent us tea.

 

Jiyeon took the tea in her hand, and maybe because of the hot temperature of the tea, Jiyeon let go of the cup and accidentally spilled it onto her and onto my hand. Before anyone of us could say anything, WooHyun’s voice was heard. Assuming that I was the person who DELIBERATELY spilled the tea onto Jiyeon, he started shouting at me. The reason for his accusation was due to the cold treatment for the past few days. This wasn’t the end though, what he said next broke my heart completely.

 

“Oh, and one more thing, if you are that unhappy about staying in this mansion, you are free to leave.” With that sentence, he walked away with Jiyeon in his arms, leaving me alone here. Unable to take it anymore, I rushed back to my room, once again bumping into the queen again. Seeing my scalded hand and my crying face, she took me to my room immediately and had my hand treated while she ordered me to tell her what happened exactly.

 

Upon hearing everything, the queen sighed before apologizing and then I came up with a final decision. “Queen, please allow me to leave the mansion, and divorce the prince.”

 

WooHyun’s P.O.V

At first, I thought that my mother was joking with me. But after a few days, I realized that it wasn’t a joke and Hyomin had really left. Ever since Hyomin had left, I had literally camped at the garden since it was Hyomin’s favorite hangout place. Just as I was looking at the scenery, with my mind filled with Hyomin, Jiyeon and her husband, Myungsoo, who arrived yesterday, was acting lovey dovey with each other. I smiled as I imagined myself as the one who is hugging Hyomin by the waist, whispering sweet nothings into her ear and hearing her giggles.

 

I sighed as I stood up, leaving the couple alone. As I walked over to my room, I see my mother dressed up, leaving in the car through the window. At first I thought nothing of it, but as times goes by, in a month, my mom has gone away secretly. She will be gone in the morning and be back in the night. I couldn’t help but think that something fishy is going on.

 

Right, a month has passed, and Hyomin is still not back. Just a week ago, my mother came in my room and approached me with the divorce letter. Hyomin has signed on the paper and it was just only my signature left. If I signed on the paper, it means that Hyomin and I will not be a couple anymore. With that thought in mind, I tore the divorce papers in front of my mother and said to her. “No matter what, Hyomin is my wife, and only my wife. I won’t allow her to have someone else and neither am I going to marry someone else in the future!”

 

For this past month, no matter what I did, it just reminds me of Hyomin and because of that, I have been skipping meals regularly. Not being able to take it anymore, my mother came bursting into my room this morning and forced me to take my meal, but of course I refused. Without Hyomin here, my appetite is just gone and right now, I am living like some love sick man.

 

“Do whatever you want, I am going out and will be back in the night!” Upon hearing that, I turned over and faced my mother and popped the question. “Mother, where have you been going these days? You have been out early and back late at night.”

She smirked slightly and answered me with a cocky tone before walking off. “I’m off to somewhere you don’t have to know of.”

 

Hearing that, my curiosity perked up even higher. Seeing her go off in the car, I made a point to ask the driver where my mother went right after she comes back.

 

After waiting for god knows how long, she finally came back and I made sure she was gone before I ran down and met up with the driver. At first, he kept his mouth shut and refused to tell me anything. But eventually, I used a much more serious tone and even threatened him a little to force him to tell me the truth. After minutes which felt like hours, he finally gave in and told me.

 

“The Queen has been visiting the Princess for this past month.”