Smiles

The Misfortunates with Nam Taehyun

"My back is killing me. Darn you Taehyun!

I sat up immediately when I saw him coming out of the bathroom. Bad timing! He only had a towel wrapped around his waist and his hair was spiked up than his usual split.

I was going to yell at him but I was lost for words. Mother of pearl he's so attractive. OMGOSHHH I'M SQUEALING! Wait..EW EW SHAKE THE THOUGHTS EW!

"Stop being erted." Taehyun threw a pillow at my head.

I stood up and glared at him. "YOU!" Taehyun just stood there waiting for me to speak.

Come on don't do that! Don't you see you making things difficult if you stare at me like that when you're wearing only a towel and shining your bare chest to the world!?

I gulp and shifted my gaze to the floor. "Finally you slow poke! Did you fell into a different dimension in the tube geez!!" I said quickly, rushing pass him as I locked myself in the bathroom. I lean against the door and touched my chest. Calm down heart. Don't you dare go hyperly active for Nam Taehyun.

Everyone met at the front of the apartment.

"Okay!" Seungyoon claps his hands together. "Who's going to guide Jiah to school and back home?"

"OH! Me! Me! This baby lion right here!" Seunghoon jumps.

Mino blocks him. "I am. I'm stronger." He glared at Taehyun who stared at him with a blank expression.

"To make this fair I think we should do rock, paper, and scissors." Jinwoo says.

Jiah face palmed. "Guys don't do this. I told you I'm taking the bike."

"Nonsense. Whatever you are suggesting I'm blocking it out." Seungyoon covers his ears with a bright smile.

"I'm leaving." Taehyun turn around from the group but was pulled back by Seungyoon. "Not so fast. We are doing this. This is for her safety."

Taehyun rolled his eyes. "She's fine. When people come her way they'll avoid her because of her distorted figure."

"Hey!" I frown.

Taehyun flashes me a mocking smile. "It's true."

"I'm taking the bike!"

"No stay put!" Seungyoon tugs on my bag.

Seungyoon form the little circle. "Alright loser is automatically chosen."

They started to the do the rounds. 

"Ah! I wanted to lose not win." Seunghoon cries. He went to me. "Come on let's just sneak away."

"Seunghoon is cheating!" Mino points out.

Seunghoon tsk and lets go of my arm. "Snitch."

After 6 rounds Taehyun was the lucky loser. BOOOOOOO!

Taehyun groans in annoyance. 

"Take care of Jiah~" Seungyoon pats his back as he catches up to the rest.

Out of all of people he had to be my 'bodyguard.'

Taehyun was already walking ahead leaving me behind. Oh you have already failed this city, Taehyun!

"Do you want me to leash you?" Taehyun says out of the blue.

I was taken back. "What? Leash me? What are you talking about?"

"You need help walking since you're not catching up with my pace."

"I'm right beside you!"

"Oh right I forgot my body repels from distorted figures." He said in a monotone.

"Distored figure!? How about you shut that distorted mouth!"

"Oh distored figures can talk?"

"ARGH!" I curl my fists and walk ahead of him. Forget this monkey!

 

I was in the library multitasking; rubbing my back with one hand when the other one is doing my work. I swear Nam Taehyun can kiss a donkey’s for all I care! He’s so mean!

“ShhhhH!” A girl from a few feet away from me had her finger on her lip indicating me to shut up. At least she doesn’t know Taehyun or else she’ll probably snitch on me.

“I’m telling Taehyun of what you thought of him.” She whispers with a frown.            

My eyes widen. “What?” No no! She can’t!

But then she giggled and shook her head. “Just kidding.”

Thank Namsong. 

She got up from her table and came to mine. She sat in front of me and smiles. “Hi, I’m Mei! Nice to meet you.” She chirps. Okay awfully cheery there.

“Jiah. Nice to meet you too.” This is not what I planned. I didn’t do any homework teachers. None at all.

“Pretty name.” She smiles. “How do you know Taehyun? It sounds like you hate him.”

What’s with the sudden question?!? This is the start of the 20 question game…

“I don’t really know him and I don’t hate him.” Ugh I can’t believe I said that.

Mei lean back on her hand and sighs. “Hmm really? It did sound like you hate him.”

Get her away from me!

“I’m Taehyun’s childhood friend. We’re really close but don’t worry I won’t tell him what you called him earlier.”

Please do not.

“Anyway it was nice to meet you, Jiah bye!” She flash me a bright smile before leaving.

When she was out of sight I lean back on the chair and let out a sigh. “What the heck was that about?”

 

I let out a dreamy sigh as I stare off at the field of guys playing soccer. It was skins versus shirts. I let out another dreamy sigh. Today is my lucky day.

“Incoming!”

Huh?

A flying football knock the side of my head. I let out a yelp and clutch onto my head. OW what the heck!

“I’m so sorry!” The guy ran over to me and tried to see if I was okay.

I didn’t exactly get a glimpse yet but from the next sentence I knew who it was.

“Oh it’s you. I hope it hurts.”

I whip my head and glared up at Taehyun who staring at me blankly with his arms crossed. “Aren’t you going to get me the football?” He points at the ball near my foot.

First off I was sitting on the grass admiring the hotness of soccer players during my PE class. We had a choice of playing soccer, jumping rope or walking the track. I lied and said walking the track and ended up here.

Then this bulldozer came with his hatred and ruined the moment!

Wait….Is he in my PE class!?!

“Are you in my class?” I ask.

“I don’t know am I?”

I let out a huff as he rolled his eyes in response. “I’m not. Can I have the ball now?” He sounded annoyed. He always does.

I kick the football a few feet away from me. “You get it yourself. Aren’t you a big boy? You can do it to yourself.”  Taehyun looked like he was about to knock me with his knuckles so I reacted by sticking out my tongue at him before hurrying away.

He’s going to make me use the window for sure!

I hurry back to my class and notice the guys from the soccer field came back. Most of them were drenched with sweat and had their shirts off but the one that shined out of the bunch was Jaebum or to say for short JB is what his friends call him. JB was just so perfect. His smile, his body, his voice, his eyes, his face, everything is just so perfect!!!

KYAAAAAAH! This is heaven!!!

"Woo Jiah, what have you done today?" My teacher asked me. "Uhh I was walking the track."

He narrow his eyes at me before writing something down on the clipboard. At the end of the period we have to tell him what activity we chose and he grades us to 0-5 on how productive we were."0."

"0? I said I was walking the track." You know I wouldn't lie to you Mr. Joo.

"I saw you sitting there, drooling over the guys behind me." He said that so loud some of the guys turn their attention at me, trying to supress their laughter at me.

"Mr. Joo!" I ran up to him. "Please don't say that too loud!"  Or JB will hear you and think I'm some sort of erted weird girl.

Mr. Joo poke my forehead with his pen. "Clean the bleachers. Both sides. I want them shine in perfection."

"WHAT!"

"So you want to polish the floors too?"

"B-But Mr.Joo-"

"I'll know if you skip this, Woo Jiah. Show up." He said before telling the class to go change in the locker rooms.

Darn! This bound to happen one day.

 

There I was....at the gym cleaning the bleachers. I have to say this is a hard job. Trust me you don't know what's under these. 

I let out a sigh as I finish two long rows. Yay Many more to go! Plus the other side of the gym. Ugh.

"Let's get freshen up and head to the cafe!" A bunch of guys burst in from the side of me.

I look over the railing and found myself squealing. It's JB!

Omogmoggm

IT'S JB!!!!

I can hear the bells ringing! omgomogogmg

Jb and his pals looked like they just played another soccer match. They were drenching with sweat and they were half ..thats right picture it!

"Jb, that girl from earlier is staring at you again." Jr a close friend to Jb nudges him on the shoulder with a boyish grin. 

"She's the erted one in our class Mr. Joo told me." Jackson shudders, heading to the lockerooms with the rest of the guys.

Jb chuckles, shaking his head. He met my eyes and smile before following after Jr.

Oooooh my did Jb just smiled at me?!!!?

I felt my cheeks grew warm. I touch them and squeal while kicking my legs in the air.

"Woo Jiah! Are you wasting time?!" Mr. Joo was at his office. He probably heard my wild squeals.

"I'm working!" I sat up straight quickly, wiping the row.

Mr. Joo came towards the bleachers with his bags. "I'm leaving early, Jiah. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean this punishment is over. Like I said I'll know if you didn't do the job." He narrow his eyes at me. Before fully stepping out of the door he pop his head back in. "I'll know." Then vanished.

"Grumpy old man." I mutter. I swear I think he hates me.

Just then the guys came out of the lockers fully dressed. I tried not to look over but I couldn't help it. JB was behind the group. The others were excited and jumpy when he was calmed as he watched them.

A smile spread on his lips when JR jump on Jackson's back making him topple over him.

"Yah! Seriously cut it out!" Jackson punches Jr on the shoulder. "I need this back for the rest of my life."

"Blah blah blah blah." Jr made mouths with his hands. Jackson eyes turns into slits, making Jr run out the door as he pulled the others in the chase as well.

I found myself laughing at them. I wished living with the guys was this fun. Taehyun is just the only reason it doesn't happen because of his grumpy personailty.

"You're Woo Jiah, right?"

I blink and turn my gaze down at Jb. He was grinning up at me and waved. "Hi~"

Excuse while I scream in my mind.

"Y-Yes I'm Jiah." Cool. Stay cool girl.

"Coach told me to keep an eye on you. You know... for what happen earlier."

I felt my cheeks turn warm again. He probably thinks I'm some sort of creep!

"I'll just tell coach you finished cleaning. I don't understand why he made you do this. It's too much for a girl." He chuckles. 

"You mean I can just leave?" So this is what Mr. Joo meant by he'll know!

Jb smiles and nods. ""He'll believe me."

I came down the bleachers. "Thank you! Thank you! I thought I was going to die if I did one more row!" I cried. 

"Well you're lucky." He grins. "I'll see you around, Jiah." Jb waves at me and flashes me another breathtaking smile.

Heck yeah I'm lucky!

"Jiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" Mino was walking in circles in front of the school entrance. "Where are you my love!?" It looked like he was going berserk.

"Mino!" I ran up to him and jumped up and down. "I think I'm in love!"

Mino mouth gap wide open as he touches his chest. "I love you too." He open his arms to hug me but I went under and clasp my hands in delight. "No seriously I think I'm in love."

"Huh?" Mino let his hands fall by his side. "But not with me?" He drawled out slowly. "Hey wait for Mino!" He shouts, following after me.

Mino was walking by my side and kept staring at me. "Your eyes....their twinkling."

I glance at him and smile. 

"It's different when you're with us." He added. "Or maybe because you don't love us, Jiah!" Mino pouts.

"Nonsense! I do it's just Tae-" Well what do you know it's Taehyun and he's with that girl! That girl Mei! They were sitting at the bench talking. Great the people I don't want to see. What if she's telling Taehyun of what I said in the library!?

"What are you looking at?" Mino move his head around and spotted Taehyun. "Oh Taehyun and Mei! Let's say hi!"

"No!" I grab Mino by the sleeve. "They look busy." I said staring at them, curiously.

Then suddenly the shocking thing happened.

Taehyun smiled.

 

Yay for updates! I hope you enjoy! 

Till the next update ^^