04

Battle For Survival
Without a second's hesitation, I jumped on after him, clutching on the sleeves of his T-shirt. The ignition roared the motorcycle to life but I could only feel the vibrations; my heartbeat loud, pulsing in my ears. 
Archer guided my hands around his waists, probably I was hurting him from my grip. I was nervous that we wouldn't be to make it to safety. I wasn't ready to die young. 
His foot tapped the gas which jerked the bike forward. My head crashed against his sturdy back and I had to bite my tongue to suppress the groan in my throat. 
Those men, that we left to rot in at the staircase, burst out through the same door we exited through. Their guns returned in their hands and they began to shot at us. Whatever was in their guns pierced my skin as easily as knives. 
"Can you actually drive the damn thing?!" 
"I'm trying!" He said as he jammed his leg into the shift that could be located near the engine. His finger was settled before the throttle, pressing it lightly at first, then hitting at full blast. 
Just as we passed the soldiers, I retrieved the weapon I confiscated from them and fired at their heads; we didn't need these type of people. The ones who murdered adolescent people with an empty heart. The plasma only worked for a couple of rounds, shutting off simultaneously to recharge. In the end, the ammunition burned a whole through their skulls, I had to face Archer's back to avert from that sight. I knew it would now give me something to think about at night. 
"Where we headed?" I asked. 
He side-glanced back at me, then smirked as he said, "Hopefully somewhere as far away from here."