His words

Remember me?

 

I hope you guys will listen to this song as you read this chapter :)

➜ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onS9-0JF4A

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of you went to dongdaemun for a long walk.

Feeding each other snacks while looking at different stuff being by the crowded street.

"Are you tired?", you turned to ask Daniel.

He shook his head, "As long as you're having fun and with me, I wouldn't feel tired at all."

"You and your cheesiness.", you pinched him nose lightly. 

It was almost dawn when you two left dongdaemun.

Walking back to the apartment, you two passed by the park.

"Do you wanna walk in the park for awhile?"

You thought for awhile before nodding your head.

 

It was quiet with a few cricket sounds here and there.

"Let's sit here.", he pointed to the bench that was overlooking the pond.

It was actually the same bench you and Dongwoo talked at before you left for Paris.

You stood there staring at the bench before Daniel started to wave his hand in your face.

"Hey. Hey?", you looked at him.

"What you thinking about?"

"Uh, nothing. Come on, let's sit.", you grabbed his hand.

 

You rested your head on his shoulder as your fingers are interlaced with his.

"It's been a long time since we've gone out like today.", you said.

"I know right. Before my illness got serious, we used to walk the streets till you were willing to go home."

"It isn't your fault that you've gotten the cancer, Daniel."

"But with it, I can't do so much stuff that I wanna do. For example, being able to be with you till our hair turns grey."

At his words, you couldn't control your tears anymore.

The thought of him leaving you in just a few months time was painful, too painful.

You didn't love him the way you love Dongwoo but, he was still a really good friend that you could ever have.

One of your teardrop fell in his hand that was still holding on to yours.

"Why are you crying?", he turned to you as he your face slowly.

"Because of what you said."

He smiled, "You'll have to let go of me someday."

"I'm sorry I can't love you the same way you love me, Daniel."

"What are you sorry about. We are able to spend time together for my remaining time and it's all I can ever asked for, __________."

"Daniel,"

"Wait, this time, let me talk, okay? You just listen.", you slowly nodded.

"I know it's only going to be a few months till I'm leaving but I would like to spend it to my fullest. With you.", and he gave your hand a little squeeze.

"When I first saw you in school, you were like the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. And that was also when I fell for you, and asked you to be my friend."

You smiled as you remember him bumping into you then helping you pick up the books before asking for your name.

"And when I first asked you out on a date, we spent it at the park, just like what we are doing right now."

"I just fell for you even deeper when each time we went out and that was when I made a decision to make you my wife."

"My world crush when you told me you couldn't love me the way as I do but I'm thankful that you actually agreed to my proposal."

"________, you're a wonderful girl but I think I'm selfish for keeping you when I have this illness."

"Why are you saying this, Daniel?"

"Shhhhh. Just listen."

"You deserve someone much better than me, ________. I know. Being with me, you sure have suffered a lot, I could tell."

"I saw a guy bringing you home earlier, was it the guy you told me about? Dongwoo?"

You shook your head, "That's Woohyun, he's Dongwoo's best friend."

"You were actually smiling when you talked to him. I haven't seen you smile like this since a long time. I've known you long enough to tell if you were really smiling or not, _______. You can't fool me."

"Thank you for taking care of me for this entire time, _________. Really. I wouldn't know what to do without your help to get me out of depression. I would've probably ended my life even earlier. But you. Yes you tried to convince me into doing treatment but you know how pain it is. I don't want to suffer anymore."

"_________. I want you to leave me and go find Dongwoo."

"W-w-what are you talking about, Daniel?"

"It's time for me to let you go."

"No. I promised to take care of you for as long as I have to. I made a promise in front of god. On the day we got married, Daniel!"

"You really deserve someone better than me, love. I'm going to look like a complete sick person anytime sooner, I don't want you to look at that side of me."

"I don't care. I made a promise and I'm not breaking it."

"Listen to me, ________. I know how much you miss that guy, how much you're still in love with him. Does he know you're married?"

"Yes, I actually told all of them this afternoon."

"What did he say?"

"Well, he didn't listen to the part where I told them why I married you. He got angry after I said I was married."

"I think you need to explain to him then."

"I will, when the time is right."

"And when will that be?"

As much as you didn't wanted to say it, you did. "After you've left."

"That's months away. You have to tell him now."

"You're just saying all these to make me leave you. I'm saying this again, Daniel, I'm not gonna leave you."

"Now you sound like a possessive wife."

You slapped his arm, "I might turn into one if you continue to ask me to leave."

"Ouch. I'm a patient here."

"Exactly. That gives me more reason to stay to take good care of you. You don't have anyone to take care of you, Daniel."

"I can admit to the hospital and the nurses will do the job."

"I'm not listening to whatever you're gonna say. I'm not leaving."

Daniel let out a loud sigh, "Looks like my plan failed."

You couldn't help but laughed at his expression, "You can never make me leave you as long as you're still here."

Then, the thought of him leaving made you sad again.

"Do you really not want to do the treatment?"

"I've said it many times, my dear. Why would I wanna be alive and then see you with another guy?"

"I was being serious!"

"Okay, okay. Sorry. But no, I'm not going to do that."

"What am I going to do without you, Daniel?"

"Come visit my grave everyday and talk to me. If anyone ever bullies you, I'll come back alive to kick their for you, okay?"

You let out a soft laugh, "You're always like this when I'm talking serious."

"Because I don't want to see you sad again, it breaks my heart."

"Just let me take good care of you, okay?"

He nodded his head, "I wish I could say the same."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So, Daniel's plan on making you leave him failed….

What did you think of this chapter?

Comment belowwwwwwww.

 

OH, and to a reader who asked if Daniel's Niel in this story.

Just treat it as it's Daniel Chae from Dalmatian, okay? :>

I'll update again sooooooooooooon~

And credits to the owner of the photo!