two

greatest find

 

Yunho isn’t exactly surprised when he sees Jaejoong in front of his office. He was informed by the young man that he’ll be fetching him for their date.

"Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around?”

“Shut up Yunho. We’re both guys. It doesn’t matter who fetches who.”

“Point taken.” Yunho replies with a chuckle.

It has been two weeks since the wedding and eight days since Jaejoong showed up at his doorstep
— which took him by surprise - demanding that he’d be taken out on a date after his exams. Much to Yunho’s dislike, he had been forcefully given the task to plan the date, but since it’s been crazy busy at work, he completely forgot about it which is why they’re currently at a parking lot, eating fast food. Not exactly an ideal place for a first date and poor guy's trying to eat but Jaejoong’s scowl is making it hard for him to do so.

“I’m sorry Jaejoong, I—“

“Shut your face and eat.”

He could only gulp as he watches the ticked off man stab his french fries with a plastic fork. Even if he wants to, he knows that if he opens his mouth to speak he’d be in trouble, but he has something to say and he needs the boy to listen to his explanation.

Hold the up.

He blinks at his own realization.

Why the hell is he such a wuss? Getting scared of a boy nineteen years younger than him? “Listen to me.” he finally says with authority. “We are dating therefore, we have some sort of a relationship. A relationship goes both ways. Give and take, Jaejoong. Give and take. Listen to me and I’ll do the same when you have something to say. I’ve seen all kinds of hissy fits in the twenty-three years I’ve taken care of Yoochun. Now if you’re not willing to listen to what I have to say, go take your tantrums somewhere else because I can’t deal with it right now.”

Jaejoong huffs, seemingly offended by his outburst. “Well I’m sorry for wanting a perfect first date.”

“Well I’m sorry if I can’t give you such perfection.” To Yunho’s surprise, Jaejoong bursts out crying. With an exasperated sigh, he puts the food on their laps way and pulls the sobbing man in his arms. “Mind telling me why you’re crying?”

“It doesn’t matter. You don’t care about me anyway.”

“Again with the assuming. Stop. I’m serious. Talk, Jaejoong, that’s what we need to do. And I need you to listen to me, please?”

Jaejoong only nods when he finds his way to Yunho’s lap. He wraps his arms around the much older man’s neck and rests his cheek on Yunho’s chest. “Your moobs are rather perky.”

Yunho snorts. “I know.” He’s amazed at how he doesn’t feel the least bit uncomfortable with the boy wrapped around him like a koala in the driver’s seat. It doesn’t feel stuffy even with the limited space. “Are you going to tell me now why you’re crying?”

Wiping his eyes harshly with the back of his hand, Jaejoong shakes his head. “I was, not anymore. All I ever do is annoy you. I know that I pretty much forced you into this although I’m not really apologetic about that."

"I bet you aren't."

He groans when Jaejoong hits him on the chest. "Shut up and let me talk."

"Okay, shutting up now."

"Yoochun hyung told me to back off." Yunho doesn't even bother to hide his surprise. Yoochun, of all people? How did he even find out when they haven't told anyone about them. Unless...okay Yunho that's stupid, he thinks as he shoos away thoughts of Jaejoong outing them to his son. "Donghae ssi told him. Yoochun hyung didn't want me to have anything to do with you. It's not that he doesn't like me, he said. He just thinks it's wrong and...and..."

His frown deepens, and then urges the boy to continue. "And?"

"...and disgusting. I don't know how...why he thinks...it's not disgusting, is it?" With a sigh, Yunho envelopes the teary-eyed Jaejoong in a hug.

"Hush, Jae. No, it's not and it will never be."

"I'm sorry Yunho, I'm a little mad at your son."

He places a kiss on the boy's shoulder and holds him closer. "So am I. Don't think about that, okay? He doesn't know what he's saying."


"Is he going to get in trouble?" Jaejoong asks, voice already muffled by Yunho's shirt.

"Maybe a little."

"You're not going to hit him, are you?"

"Of course not. I've never hit my son."

"Oh okay." Jaejoong smiles and Yunho thinks it's the most beautiful thing he's seen the entire day, other than Jaejoong himself, of course. But he's not going to tell the young man that. At least not yet. "You're a very good daddy. Yoochun hyung sure is lucky to have you."

"Everyone could tell that's a biased opinion." he says, and then blinks in surprise when the much smaller boy presses his lips against his for a very chaste kiss. It's their first kiss and it was so...so innocent that it makes Yunho feel like he's transported back to his childhood days. "Jaejoong ah," he mumbles to which Jaejoong replies by burying his face on the crook of his neck, all of a sudden feeling shy. "That was your first kiss."

It isn't a question. Yunho could tell by his reaction. If he were to be honest, he didn't think of Jaejoong as the shy type considering how aggressive he was when courting him. It's a whole new side of the boy and he still couldn't decide whether or not he prefers this, although he supposes he does but only when Jaejoong's aggressive side is too much for him to handle.

"Nice to know I'm worth being your first kiss."

"I was saving it for someone special."

Yunho chuckles. "I still think you're crazy."

"Shut up and hug me tighter. Let's cuddle before I change my mind about this not being such a bad date after all."

And Yunho does.





Their second date is at a restaurant owned by Yunho's friend. Jaejoong called him cheap and Yunho got all defensive saying that they are there for the food, not because it's free. Well it's free, of course. but what Jaejoong doesn't know wouldn't hurt him.

Looking up from his plate, he sees Jaejoong looking at him as if he was judging his whole being. "I know why mom left you."

He raises a brow and nods. "Mind telling me why."

"Because you ."

He frowns. "What brought this on?"

"You keep on taking me to cheap dates."

"Jaejoong, I'm pretty sure this isn't cheap." he replies, gesturing to the steaks on the table. "One of these costs a little less than half of my salary."

"Yeah, that sounds wonderful only if you're actually paying for it, which you're not."

"Does that even matter? Why do you even want me to spend money?"

"Why the hell not? Shouldn't you be spending money on our date?"

"I don't think it's necessary." he says. He does not understand why Jaejoong is bothered by it. If anything, shouldn't he be happy he's practically spending nothing on such a fancy meal.

"Yeah? Well I think otherwise." Yunho jumps in surprise along with the other customers in the restaurant when Jaejoong slams his fists on the table. "I'm not asking for much, really. I know I'm way younger than you and very much inexperienced at the dating field but that doesn't mean you can treat me like this. The free things are nice, they really are, but I'd appreciate that later on in this relationship. I just...I want to feel like..." Jaejoong pauses, biting his lip as his eyes get teary. Oh no, Yunho thinks. This is not going to be good. "...that it's alright to spend money on me because you know why? I'm special, and money does not matter as long as you get to please me. Not that I'm materialistic or anything...holy this is not coming out right!" Yunho gapes, but does not say anything.

It was coming out wrong alright.

"So what you're trying to say is...you want me to shower you with my money?"

"No, you tard." Jaejoong hisses. "Forget it. It seems like I'm the only one serious about relationship anyway."

Before Yunho could even open his mouth to reply, Jaejoong gets up and walks off, leaving him dumbfounded.

"What was that all about?"

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

 

if you didnt understand why jaejoong acted that way, dont worry, i didnt either. i wasnt in my right mind when i wrote this. mom was nagging me to go to sleep so my thoughts were jumbled and i just typed whatever i thought made sense. but apparently, nothing did

anyway, i apologize for a rather short chapter. i changed my mind about this having three chapters. i made it five, just to be safe. but it still depends on how the story goes so it may be longer than five. i honestly dont have a plot. well, i do. but my plot doesnt have a plot, if that even makes sense x) idk if you think it's unrealistic that yunjae's moving too fast but hey, it happens. tell me what you think about this? thanks for reading!