Chapter 14

You

MyungSoo's POV

 

“But she didn’t…”

“No, she didn’t die, then. I was there to save her. She cried, saying she hated what we did and that she wanted to die.  Few weeks later, we didn’t know how, but we found her there. Lifeless. We held a funeral for her. TaeMin still didn’t come, probably because he was still mad but he should have been there. Even if he was mad, he could have come, as a friend,”

“MyungSoo,”

“I’m sorry, Jin. I understand if you hate me,” I said quietly. Tears started running down her face. I felt really guilty. Jjinja. She bit her lip and hit me across my face. Shaking her head, she ran. I didn't even try to call her name, to stop her or anything. I didn't do anything. If she hated me, then I deserved it. 

 

"BoMi,"

"Promise me, MyungSoo. You can't tell anyone about this. About what happened with NaEun. If anyone finds out, they'll hate you and probably won't forgive you. But if you want to tell someone, don't let it be JinHee. You know how much she cares about you and I don't want her to get hurt. She doesn't deserve to get hurt anymore,"

"You think I want her to get hurt?"

"No, but I'm just saying. You can't let her know,"

"Who else knows aside from you and me?"

"TaeMin,"

"Aside from him,"

"No one,"

"Oh,"

"Promise me, MyungSoo,"

"I... I promise,"

"Good,"

"BoMi,"

"What?"

"What's going to happen to her if she finds out?"

"Well, most likely she won't ever talk to you. Like ever, I'm not joking. She won't even make eye contact with you. She'll just forget about you. Just like that. She'll stay out of your life, and if you ask her to forgive you...."

"What'll happen?"

"She'll hit you. Not just physically, but her words will be able to hurt you. It might make you feel like an arrow is going straight through your heart. Like your heart is breaking, you will get that feeling, but it will be much worse for you, seeing that you loved her for years and never let go even once,"

"She'll break my heart, is that what you mean?"

"Basically, it's that, but it's much worse if you experience it,"

"How do you know?"

"WooHyun.... He told me,"

"What happened between them? Before he left, I mean,"

"You know they dated, right?"

"Yeah,"

"Once, she saw him making out with another girl. She was just fouteen, she didn't know what to do. They almost broke up, but.... she forgave him,"

"Good for him,"

"Do you know why she forgave him?"

"Why?"

"She loved him a lot. Probably much more than she loves you, since he was her first love. But with you, I don't think she can forgive you. If you were her first love, maybe, but she'd love you less,"

"Does WooHyun hyung mean that much to her? So much that even if he cheated, she would still forgive him?"

"Yup. That's how powerful first love is, MyungSoo, but you're not hers, so I can't be sure if she'll forgive you if you tell her,"

 

I buried my head in a pillow. She was my first love, so why did I make love with my best friend's ex? Am I really that much of an idiot?

"You're not an idiot, Soo. You just do what you want at times. And the things you do, sometimes, aren't that.... Pleasing," SungYeol hyung told me.

"I said it out loud, didn't I?"

"Yup,"

"Oh,"

"Who is she? The first love you're talking about?"

"Uh..."

"Is she the one who you made love with?"

"No,'

"Soo,"

"What?"

"Why did NaEun die?"

"She.... TaeMin wouldn't forgive her,"

"Just because of that, she died?"

"Yeah,"

"She must have loved him a lot, then,"

"He meant everything to her,"

"What does Son NaEun mean to you?"

"First...."

"First what?"

"First everything,"

"She.... you.... You and her.... Made love?"

"Yes,"

"Explains why TaeMin wouldn't forgive her," he mumbled. "And it serves you right to be ignored by your best friend,"

"Yeol,"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wasn't supposed to,"

"Are there any more secrets you're keep from me?"

"None, but one,"

"What secret is it?"

"I can't tell you,"

"Are you really my best friend, MyungSoo? When you're keeping secrets from me?"

"I'll tell you soon, Yeol. But not now,"

 

End of POV