Chapter 13

You

“Jjinja?” I asked, my eyes wide. “You told him?”

“Yup,”

“What did he say?”

“Nothing. Just stared at me then walked away like he was in a trance,”

“Weird, I thought he would yell,”

“Me, too. I thought he would at least get mad, but nothing. He didn’t do one thing to me, which is seriously not like him.”

“What’s like him?”

“Hitting me when annoyed…. Other things,”

“Oh. Where’s BoMi?”

“I don’t know,”

“What about SungYeol?”

“I don’t know either,” he shrugged then suddenly I felt hands covering my eyes.

“Who’s this, Myung?”

“Can’t tell you,”

“Yah!”

“Just guess,”

“It’s either SungYeol or WooHyun, but I’m betting it’s SungYeol,”

“Let go, hyung,”

“Since when were you so childish, WooHyun?”

“I don’t know,”

“Or maybe he just can’t get over the fact you told him you loved him,” MyungSoo said, a hint of slight jealousy in his voice.

“Don’t be jealous, Myung. And you do know that my love for you means that you’re like my brother, right?”

“Yup,”

“Good that you know,” MyungSoo said.

“Do you know where BoMi is, oppa?”

“Roof, I think,”

“Thanks,” I ran off.

“Jin!” MyungSoo ran after me.

“What?” I stopped running.

“What are you going to tell her?”

“I can’t tell you,”

“Well. Tell her not to talk to WooHyun hyung,”

“Why not?”

“Just tell her that for me,“

“Fine,” I nodded.

 

BoMi’s POV

“BoMi,” JinHee called.

“What?”

“You have a boyfriend? For real?”

“How do you know?”

“Just answer me. Do you have a boyfriend?”

“Yes,”

“Is it really SungYeol?”

“I…”

“BoMi!”

“Yes, it’s Yeol,”

“How did it happen?”

“I don’t know. I don’t even think he knows why,”

“You two are weird,”

“Jin!”

“How could not know why you two are dating?”

“We just don’t, okay?”

“Fine, and MyungSoo told me to tell you not to talk to WooHyun oppa,”

“Oh. That,”

“What does he mean?”

“It’s in the past, Jin. I don’t want to talk about it. Something happened between me and WooHyun… And Yeol,”

“Okay,”

“Can you tell MyungSoo something for me?”

“What do you want me to tell him?”

“To not let it happen again,”

“What does that mean?”

“He knows. You can ask him,”

“Uh, okay,”

*

*

*

“Again?” he asked. “How many times does she have to tell me that?”

“What does that mean, anyway? I don’t understand it,”

“It’s a bit too complicated to explain, but… It was in the past. We swore to each other never to talk about it again,”

“I’m confused,”

“Ask someone else, Jin. Not me,”

“Myung,”

“Please, Jin. Not me. Anyone but me,”

“They won’t tell me either,”

“That’s because if you know, you’ll get hurt in a way that you might hate us for,”

“I’m really confused now,”

“I can’t tell you, but if you find out, I’m sorry about it,” he said softly, staring into my eyes.

“What?” I grabbed his arm and he started to walk away. “Why are you sorry?”

“I don’t want you to get hurt. Knowing what happened in the past will only hurt you,”

“Does my brother know?”

“If I can’t even tell Hwang ChanHee, I can never be able to tell you,”

“What exactly happened? Can’t you give me a hint?”

“There are no hints, Jin. It’s just the truth and lies,”

“What do you mean?” I asked him. He bit his lip as he stared at me.

“I can tell you, but please don’t hate me,”

“How could I hate you when I don’t even know?”

“Are you sure you want to know?”

“Yes,”

“Remember what WooHyun hyung told you? About NaEun?“

“Yeah,”

“She got together with me after she and TaeMin broke up… One night, we got drunk and we…”

“You what?”

“We made love,”

“Mwoh?”

“Thankfully, she didn’t get pregnant, but still… It scarred me. To make love with my best friend’s ex girlfriend. It was one of the worst things I ever did, Jin. When TaeMin found out, he started ignoring me completely, saying I betrayed him, and…”

“And what?”

“NaEun…”

“Finish your sentence, Myung. Don’t leave me hanging,”

“NaEun pleaded with him, apologizing and wanting them to get back together. When he refused, she… she tried to kill herself,”

“But she didn’t…”

“No, she didn’t die, then. I was there to save her. She cried, saying she hated what we did and that she wanted to die.  Few weeks later, we didn’t know how, but we found her there. Lifeless. We held a funeral for her. TaeMin still didn’t come, probably because he was still mad but he should have been there. Even if he was mad, he could have come, as a friend,”

“MyungSoo,”

“I’m sorry, Jin. I understand if you hate me,” he said quietly. Tears started running down my face. Truthfully, I hated him at this moment. Biting my lip, I hit him hard across the face. I didn’t care that he was hurt. What he did hurt me much more. I could understand what TaeMin felt then. That feeling of betrayal… I felt it. It hurt me much more than the time I found out I was getting married. Judging from the way I felt right now, I don’t think I can ever have the heart to forgive him. Ever.