Chapter 3

Shooting Star

After minutes of waiting, Sungyeol finally came. "Jung-ah yah!" Sungyeol waved with his big smile as always. "How are you? It's has been a long time, hey?" I nodded, "I'm good." Before Sungyeol and I could get an actual conversation going, we both got Myungsoo into his car. "Come, I'll give you a ride home." he suggested. I shook my head, "Ani, it's fine." He insisted on it, "Let's go." I couldn't help but allow him. We drove to Myungsoo's house in silence. "Stay in the car, I'll get Myungsoo inside." Sungyeol smiled. I nodded.

The ride home would be about 25-30 minutes long. "He misses you a lot." Sungyeol suddenly said. I looked at him in shock. "Everytime he drinks all he talks about is you." For a moment, I couldn't think straight. The fact that Sungyeol stated didn't want to process into my brain. "As Myungsoo's best friend, I know he really regrets letting you go." I nodded, "Ne... but I'm trying to move on. It's too difficult to keep seeing him in my life. The memories are too painful." Sungyeol nodded, "If you don't mind me asking, why did you guys break up?" I sighed, "I don't know honestly.. Myungsoo is the one who broke it off first."  I guess Myungsoo never really told anyone including Sungyeol about the break up. An awkward silence filled the car as he drove me home.
 

"Thanks for calling me. Let's keep in touch again." Sungyeol smiled as he drove away. "Ne. Thank you for the ride." As I entered the house, Hyuk was the only one home. "Mom's not here yet?" I questioned. Hyuk shook his head, "Ne noona. Mom is still at the cafe." "Arraseo." I walked up to my room to get changed into my pajamas and came back down. I asked Hyuk if he ate yet; he didn't have to answer as his stomach growled loudly. I laughed, "I'll make bibimbap for you." Hyuk smiled, "Thank you, noona!" I smiled back. I walked into the kitchen and looked for the ingredients. "Hyukkie-yah, I'm just gonna go to the supermarket. Just wait a little while." I announced. "Arraseo." he replied as he was playing video games.

The closest supermarket was 20 minutes away by bus. As I waited for the bus, I noticed one of the stores nearby were selling kpop merch. I looked around and found a lot of SHINee, Beast, B.A.P and more. I decided I would buy some next time when I get the chance. My bus was coming any minute so I went back. As I crossed the long road, I noticed a somewhat familiar face from afar walking towards me. I couldn't remember well so I just ignored him. "Uh... excuse me? Don't you work at that "Omma's cafe"?" he questioned. As I looked towards him. My eyes bulged out in surprise. Heol ~ Isn't this the guy that I saw at the Han River and at the cafe? "Ne. Why?" I answered.  Before he replied, he took a piece of paper out, "Is it possible to give this to the manager at your store?" I nodded, "Uhm, sure. Why not." I took the paper and slipped it into my bag. He gave me a smile, "Thank you." I replied back saying, "No problem." and we walked our separate ways. 

The next morning, I started my shift early with Jaehwannie and Hakyeon oppa. I took out the resume that the guy gave me and placed it on omma's desk. The name read 'Jung Taekwoon' on the resume. I realized I forgot to ask about his availability. I texted the number saying, "Hello. This is Han Jung-ah, the girl you gave your resume to the other day. I was just wondering what your availability was for work." and pressed send. I went back to my work as I waited for his text. He replied saying, "I'm available anytime on any day." As he answered the questions I asked, I wrote them down on his resume. 

"Jungah-yah. What's up?" Jaehwan questioned. I smiled, "Not much. What time do you get off today?" I asked back. He told me he got off the same time as me. "Want to walk to the subway together?" He questioned. I nodded, "Sure." Hakyeon came between us, "Yah, you two, get back to work." I laughed, "Arraseo oppa." We all got back to work waiting for the dlow hours to pass by quickly. Hours have passed by and it was finally the end of my shift. Hongbin and Wonsik clocked in switching places with Jaehwan and me. As I was getting ready to leave, Jaehwan was already waiting for me. "Let's go." I suggested. 

We started walking towards the station. As we passed by stores, everything had hearts and red shades. "Aigoo. Valentine's day is coming up." Jaehwan sighed. I sighed also, "I know." Jaehwan asked if I was doing anything for valentine's. I shook my head, "Nothing planned. You?" He shook his head also.  My train came before Jaehwan's and we separated ways. As I thought of Valentine's day, I planned on just eating jjajangmyun by myself. Why did Valentine's have to exist?

______________________________________________

A/N: OMG Its been way too long since i updated this. I'm sorrry! I've been so busy applying to universities so i really didnt have the time. I hope you guys understand and keep reading! THANK YOU !