Fragrance of the Past

Miss Independent

 

HyoYeon

The next day, Kim Hyo Yeon wakes up in a very warm bed, and as she opened my eyes, she noticed that it was a strange bed, that seemed a bit familiar to her. With her eyes closed, she rises up from the bed, and tries to recall the events that happen last night and where she was and how she got here.

"Did you sleep well?"

Started, she opens her eyes and look towards the doorway, to see a guy, she rubbed her eyes, thinking that it was dream, but the guy standing in the doorway, was no dream. The guy is very good looking, though he is dressed in just plain jeans and a white t-shirt. As he walked toward her, sunlight shines through the European style window.

"I have miss you." He placed a string of her golden blonde hair behind her ears and gave her a smile.

"Jae Hyun." She said

"It's nice to see you, Hyoyeon."

"Why am I here?"

"Didn't you miss me?" He asked a little-hurt

"What am I doing here, Ahn Jae Hyun?" She asked glaring at him, making sure that she wouldn't have any eye-contacts with him.

"I brought you here, you were too drunk to drive home, along with your seven best friends, so was your cousin, Min Ho hyung." Jae Hyun said. Suddenly she looked under the blanket covering her, and she heaved a sigh of relief, when she noticed that she was still dress in the clothes she was wearing the day before. "You don't have to worry, I don't sleep with girls that are drunk, plus I have just seen you for the first time in five years."

"Sure, I believe you." She said sarcastically rolling her eyes. "Where is my phone, I would like to call my driver to pick me up." She got up and started searching for her handbag.

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast with me?" He asked and she stop to look at him, without a trace of a smile.

"Why would I want to do that?"

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked, though he already knew the answer.

"Obviously I should be mad. You propose to me, we were engaged and you just left like that." She said angrily, making sure that she wouldn't cry like she used to, she was trying to show him that she wasn't the weak girl, anymore, she was strong.

"I didn't leave, you misunderstood, pushed me away, so I had no other choice but to leave, and try to clear my head." He said walking towards her and was about to put her in a hug, but she pushed him away.

"Don't touch me." She yelled and quickly found her keys, she placed on her heels. Just as she was about to walk out of the room, Jae Hyun grabbed her right hand and gave her a back hug, placing his head on her shoulders and  his left arm across her shoulder, right below her neck. She stood there in his embrace frozen, not knowing what to do. She had to admit, that she had missed him warm embrace, but she wasn't going to tell him that. This made her think about five years ago, when she used to smile a lot and was always happy.

 

FlashBack, Five Years Ago, 2009.

"Morning princess." His sweet voice whispered in her ears, and she slowly opened her eyes to see him smiling at her.

"Were you watching me sleep?" Was the first thing she asked without saying good morning. He smirked, before kissing her on the forehead.

"I made breakfast." He said giving her a hand, to stand up, which she takes, but instead of her feet touching the ground, he picked her up bridal style, and she placed her hands around his neck and kiss him on the cheeks, before he made his way downstairs and sat her down in one of the chairs. He walked into the kitchen and return with breakfast, which was her favorite thing to eat in the morning, pancakes served with eggs and strawberries.

"What is the special occasion?" She asked and he just smiled at her, without answering her question. He sat next to her, and she looked at him, with a look that said tell me.

"I will tell you later." He said. "For now, let's eat." He said placing pancakes and strawberries on her plate, she stared at him, some more before she began to eat. After they had finish eating, they made their way to the living room.

"What do you want to watch?" She asked him as they sat down on the couch and she picked up the remote.

"Anything you want to watch." He said before lying his head on her lap. She just shrugged and put the tv on, to her favorite channel and her favorite drama was on, Smile, You.

"Why do you like watching this drama?" He asked

"Because it's nice and interesting."

"Anything but this."

You said I could watch anything I wanted, plus Jung Kyung Ho oppa is in it.”

"Sometimes, it seems like you love him, more than me." He said

"I do." She teasingly said and he got up right away and glared at her. "I am just joking, calm down." He cupped her face in his hands, before leaning in slowing and capturing her lips in a long and sweet kiss. When he broke the kiss, two minutes later, she was breathing hard, trying to catch her breath.

"I am going to take a shower, Mrs.Ahn." He stood up and turn to look at her, but she wasn't looking at him, instead her full attention was on the drama. "Do you want to join me."

"No thanks."

"Aish, this girl." He grabbed her off the couch and hauled her over his shoulders.

"Put me down, Ahn Jae Hyun." She yelled, but was ignored.

End of Flashback.

Coming back to her senses, she quickly broke herself out of his embrace and ran out of the room and right out of the house, and began walking. When she finally came back to her senses, she grabbed a taxi and went home to eat breakfast, before heading to work,, not knowing that the was another surprise waiting for her.

 

So Eun
Meanwhile, her best friend, Kim So Eun was busy working on a document that she had gotten from Mr.Jung's assistant. She was so engrossed in her work, that she didn't notice the male that had walked into her office.
"Wow, Miss Kim, has change so much." He said and she looked up, but the expression on her face, was not a smile, but was a frown.
"Is there a reason why you are here?"
"Just came to visit an old friend."
"We are not friends."
"Now that just hurts my heart."He said dramatically taking seat in front of her desk.
"Ji Chang Wook, if you don't have any important things to say, please leave." She said almost raising her voice.
"You were cranky, yesterday and are cranky as well, today."
"Whatever."
"It seems like someone made you mad."
"That someone is you."
"Sure, it isn't your father." He asked. He was right and he always seems to know what is bothering her, without her even telling him a single thing. She was happy at the fact that he haven't found out about her feeling for him, though she has problem asking him out, but their families are mortal enemies, since they were both born into this world. They weren't even allow to be friends, let alone be allow to date. Whenever they are in public, they are to act, as though they hate each other, no matter what.
"I will very much appreciate it, if you leave." She said glaring at him.
"I guess right. What happen this time?"
"None, of your business." She said before going back to her work. II Woo just watched her for a few minutes, before finally leaving. She looked up and let out the breath, she didn't know she was holding in, out.

 

Jia

Jia had just gotten out a meeting which was the longest and boringest meeting she had ever been to.She looked like she could pass out any minute, but she had to look strong. Walking with her was her assistant.

“Did you send the two girls and the boy to HyoYeon?”She asked him

“Yes, I send them two hours ago.”

“Good job, Kim Sang Bum.” She said

“What happened to Mr. Kim?” He asked

“Dont get cocky with me.”She said shooting him a glare before walking into her  office and closing the door behind her. After she got into her office, she grabbed her phone on her desk and called HyoYeon’s office. The person that answer wasn’t HyoYeon, but was her assistant.

“Where is HyoYeon?” She asked

“I don't know, she hasn't come into work yet.”

“Okay, thanks. I will call her cell phone.” She hunged up and became to worry. It was unlike HyoYeon to be late to work, even if she was drunk or too tire the night before. When Jia called her phone, she didn't answer and she kept calling her, but the was still no answer. “ Where the hell are you Kim HyoYeon?” She whisper to herself. As soon as she was about to work, her cell phone ranged. A smile came to her face, when she saw HyoYeon’s name.

“Hello.” A voice that wasn't HyoYeon’s voice, but it was a male voice, a very familiar voice.

“Ahn Jae Hyun what are you doing with Hyo’s phone?” She asked

“She slept here last night and must have forgotten it here.” He answered

“Did you kidnap her or something.”

“Do you really se-.”Without waiting for him to finish, she hunged up.

“Tell me she didn't do what I am thinking she did.” Jia whisper to herself before going into deep thoughts.

 

Se Kyung

The black hair girl, was busy working on a new design for a new married couple home and it was very hard, since both of them wanted something different from each other. After deciding on what do, she grabbed her bag and made her way out of her office. She got on the elevator, and eavesdrop on a conversation two girls who were younger than her, were having.

“I can't believe, he is performing her in Seoul.” The shortest of the two girls said

“I know,Song JoongKi, is back.” When she heard that name, it stung her heart a little bit., making her think back, four years ago, the day he broke her heart.

 

Flashback, June 29, 2010

“You promised.” She yelled at the guy standing in front of her.

“Se Kyung, this is important to me.”

“Aren't I important.” She asked tears starting to form in her eyes.

“Of course, you are, but this gig is also important to me.” He answer

“We haven't spent time together in two months, plus today is my freaking birthday.”

“I am sorry.”He said and reach for her face, but she slapped his hands away.

“No you are not. I hate you, Song Joong Ki.”

“Since you hate me, lets break up.” He coldly said

“You don’t mean that.”

“I do, I can deal with this anymore.” He said before standing up. She grabbed his arm, but he jerked it out of her grip and walked out of the restaurant, leaving her behind as more tears started rolling down her face.

End of Pov.

She snapped out of her memories, when the elevator the elevator reached the garage floor. She made her way to her car, just as guy with brownish-orange hair passed by her.

 

SooYoung

Looking through the script for the new drama she was to take part in, the brunette girl was lost in her thoughts and was in her own world.

“Miss. Choi.” A male voice called

“Yes. How may I help you?” She asked without looking up

“I have been calling your name for a long time, but you didn't seem to have heard me the first three times.” He said and she finally looked up, only to glare at the guy in front of her.

“Oh, I am sorry.” She said with a fake smile.

“Its alright, the director wants you to meet the male lead.” He said. Without saying anything she followed him and was shocked to see the guy who she was going to be acting with, was the guy she met yesterday.

“Miss Choi, you’re here.” The director said with a smile, but she didn't return it. “Oh, Sung Joon meet Choi SooYoung.”

“I know who she is, we met yesterday.” Sung Joon said with the charming smile, that always seems to make girls melt and go weak in the knees.

“Its nice to meet you.” She said putting her hand out for a handshake which he took.

“Its very nice to meet you.”He said and she quickly let go of his hands.

“Are we starting now?” She asked the director

“Yes, we are starting with the poster shooting.” The director answered and the shoot began, though SooYoung felt a little awkward with Sung Joon, who arms were around her waist doing most of the shoot. After they were done, she quickly grabbed her bag, sunglasses, coat, and bag and was about to walk out when someone placed an arm around her waist. When she looked up, she saw Sung Joon smirking at her.

“Where are you going Miss Choi?” He asked

“Home.”She simply answered.

“No, you are not. We need to get to know each other.”He said

“And I would want to do that because?”

“I am a very nice guy.” She looked at him and realized she had no choice when he smiled at her.

 

Ara

Though she was currently in a meeting, her mind was totally someplace else, not even concentrating on what was being said. When the meeting was over, she made her way out of the meeting room and into her office, still very tire. When she walked into her office and put on her lights, she saw a person sitting in her chair with their back facing her. The person was a male and he was very tall, even though he was sitting down. She became angry when the person turn around to show a handsome guy, who she didn't wish to see right, the guy who has been bugging her mind all day, her ex-boyfriend.

“Lee Soo Hyuk, what the hell are you doing here?”

“How nice you are.” He said with a smirk on his face and he stood up, before walking towards her. She didn’t dare look into his eyes, knowing that if she did, she was going to get drawn in by him. Yes she still loved him, but no way was she going to let him back into her life, to let her heart get broken for the third time, by the same guy.

“What do you want?” She asked

“Nothing much.”

“Can you leave then.”

“I have been waiting for you for two hours now. I came to talk business with you.” She took a seat at her desk.

“And if  I say no.”

“I am certain, that you do not want to say no to me.” He responded with a smirk

“Why is that?”
“Because I always get what I want.”

“I see you haven’t change at all.”

“Change isn’t something I like, Miss Go.” He said with a smirked before turning around and walking out of her office. She was boiling inside, wondering why this was happening to her, again.

 

Shin Hye

Instead of working on drama like she usually did, the beautiful brunette girl finally had a day off. To enjoy her day off, she decided to explore Seoul and just walk around. As she was walking, someone placed an arm around her shoulders and she became a little scare.

“What do you want?”

“I am sure you already know who I am.” An oh-so familiar voice said and she looked up to see a very handsome boy, who was the one she had just finished filming a drama with.

“Lee Jong Suk, what the hell, you scare me.” She said punching him in the arm.

“Ow, for a girl, you punch hard.” He said with a cheeky grin.

“Keep messing with me, and you will get your kick.”

“Wow, you are starting to sound like Hyo.”

“I am, and I love it.”

“What are you doing on your day off?”

“Just walking around, Seoul?” She suddenly stop walking and so did he. “How did you know it was me?’

“I can always tell its you, by the way you walk.”

“Um, okay then.” As they both continue to walk, her handphone ranged and after talking to the person for a few minutes, she hunged up.

“Who was it?”

“It was Se Kyung, she wants me to head to the cafe.”

“Oh, say hi for me.”

“Arent you coming?”

“No, I have to get back to work.”

“Okay, see you later.” She waved as he walked away from him.

 

HyoYeon

After going home and changing her clothes, the blonde girl notice that her phone was missing, when she looked through her bag for her keys.

“Tell me I did not leave my keys at his house.” She whisper to herself hitting her forehead. ‘Whatever, it doesn't matter.” She added as she backed out of her driveway. When she finally got to work, she was an hour and thirty minutes late. She rushed into her office and her assistant followed her.

“Ms.Kim, your friend Jia called.”

“Okay, thanks, she is probably worry.” She said taking a seat at her desk.

“Oh, she also send the three new models here, an hour ago.”

“Where are they?”

“They are in the conference room.”

“Thanks, give me fifteen minutes.” Her assistant nodded yes, before walking out. Just as she was about to pick up her desk phone to call Jia, it ranged. Instead Jia’s company name appearing, it was an unknown number, and she picked it up.” Hello.”

“Hyoraengi I call your handphone, but you didn't answer.” A male voice replied

“What do you want?”

“Wow, nice to hear your voice too.”

“Kim Soo Hyun, what do you want?” She asked for the second time, getting irritated.

“Damn, little sis, I just call to remind you to pick me up, from the airport.” He said. She hit her forehead.

“I forgot, sorry, I will send someone.”

“Thanks.” She hunged up and called Jia right away. When Jia picked up, she scolded the blonde girl, before letting her speak.

“I am sorry and yes I am okay.” She said laughing. “Jia I need you to do me, a favor.”

“Sure. What?”

“I need you to pick up my brother.” It went silent as soon as the word left .

“Which one?”
“The second oldest.”

“Why the hell do you want me to pick up my ex-boyfriend?”

“Because I am busy, please.”

“Fine.”

“I love you, so much. You are the best.” Suddenly another voice spoke.

“So you are the Ceo.” She looked up and she almost dropped the phone that was in her hands.

“Jia, I will call you back.” She said before hanging up. “What are you doing here?”
“I am one of your new models and my name isn't you, it's Yoo Seung Ho.” The name sounded a bit familiar, but she couldn't exactly remember where she had heard it before.

“Whatever, I hope we get along well.” She said and he suddenly lean over her desk and brought his face closer to hers. If anyone saw them, it would seem like he was about to kiss her.She just stared at him, scratch that more like glare at him.

 

Bo Young

The short brunette girl, was out jogging, having the day off from work. As she was jogging, her phone rang. She answer the phone, still running.

“What's up Se Kyung.”
“Where are you?” Her best friend asked

“I am out, jogging.”

“Wae?”

“Because I want to.”

“Okay then. Come to the cafe, I am here with Ara and Shin Hye.”

“Sure, why not.” Se Kyung hunged up and as she was putting her cell back into her pocket, she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings, and she crash into someone. She was expecting her to hit the floor, but instead, the person she had crashed into quickly got her by the waist. When she looked up, she was surprised to see the guy, who she had been in love with for five years.

“Park Bo Young, its nice to see you working out.”|
“You too, Moon Joo Won.”

“I always work out.”

“I see, well it was nice seeing you. I have to go.” She quickly got out of his grip around her waist and began to fast walk to her house. When she reached home, she got into her car without changing her clothes and made her way to the cafe. As soon as she walked into the cafe, a few people looked at her, as she made her way to the table, her three friends were sitting at.

“Why didn't you change?’

“I didnt want to.” She answered taking a seat next to Shin Hye who was busy drinking her strawberry milkshake.”You guys would not guess, who I saw while jogging.”She added with a smile

“Moon Joo Woon.” Se Kyung said

“How did you know?” Bo Young asked

“Because when that guy is in a conversation, you are always smiling.” Se Kyung answered

“Shut up.” The short brunette girl said. “I am not the one, who is friends with the number one bachelor in South Korea, Lee Min Ho.”

“He is my friend, and only my friend, plus HyoYeon is his cousin.”

“So Eun is his cousin, you are his friend, that means that you can date him, but she can't.” Ara said

“I dont want to date him. Plus I think his parents have a girl, they want him to marry.” Se Kyung said taking a sip of her iced tea drink

“His parents love you.” Shin Hye said

“It seems like you two are already married.” Bo Young

“I am not listening to anything you guys say.” She said, then added.”I already like someone else.”

“You are still, not over him, are you?” Shin Hye asked with a sad expression and her friend shook her head no.

 

HyoYeon

After taking a shower and getting ready for bed, the blonde girl was about to head to bed, when her doorbell ranged. She walked to the video camera for the front off the house, to see her brother with an unreadable expression on his face. She opened the door, and he walked in without Jia.

“Where is Jia?” She asked

“I saw her at the airport and took a taxi instead.” He answered dropping onto her couch.

“And you did that, why?”

“Because I don't wish to see her.”

“How long are you staying here?”

“Not that long. You can head to bed, I will find the guest room.”

“You can just call it your room.”

“Yes ma’am. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” She said before walking upstairs to her room.