Kai's Misery

Give Me Your 'Money'

Even though Kai tried so hard to not look bored, but apparently, he wasn’t the best in acting, he just couldn’t control his yawn from coming out, and it resulted the clients of his father’s company looked his way in such way, in a way that he disliked so much. That judging stares.

“Maybe we should do this meeting next time, President Kim.” The man from Yonei Group stood up, straightening his blazer, “Your son looks tired, we should do this when he’s not sleepy, I see he couldn’t pay any attention to the presentation we were doing. Let’s do this next time. See you.” He bowed slightly and went outside, followed by his assistant and President Kim’s assistant who tried to persuade him.

Kai gulped and stood up, too. “I know that you don’t like this but can’t you at least pretend?”

Kai flinched after hearing the tone of his father’s voice, “I’m sorry, father.” Father. That word wasn’t suitable for the man he was standing with now, Dictator, that was more suitable for him. “Do you want to end up like your mother, Jong In?”

At the mention of Kai’s mother, Kai turned rigid, hating how mocking his father sounds, like Kai had no power against him, that he was the most powerful man in the world, that no one can go against him, “Be different on our next meeting.” President Kim ordered coldly and left without any further words.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi.” Baekhyun smiled cheekily, “Iced Caramel. Please.” He ordered, So Ra squint her eyes at him and looked around, when she found that her boss wasn’t on her sight, she sighed and looked at Baekhyun, “How did you find out I’m working here?”

“I followed you.” Baekhyun answered innocently, So Ra stared at him in disbelief, “Woah, you seriously. How can you not feel embarrassed after saying something like that? This guy, seriously.” So Ra shook her head, “Anyway, 4000 won please.”

Baekhyun pouted and took out his wallet, “I thought you were going to say ‘my treat’ or something like that. I followed you because I was worried you know, can’t you do something for me in return?” Baekhyun leaned forward while batting his lashes. So Ra gulped after seeing his big expectant eyes, she couldn’t say no to that, could she? “A-You- Aish fine. My treat. Happy?” So Ra answered. “Go and take a seat, I’ll deliver it to you later.”

“But I want to stand here.” Baekhyun blinked at her. “Can you move? I want to take my order.” A deep familiar voice suddenly appeared, the voice that made So Ra’s mood dropped instantly. “Hello, schoolmates.” Kai grinned.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“Do you want me to punch him until he faints and drag him outside?” Baekhyun offered sincerely, Baekhyun might seem weaker than Kai, but you shouldn’t underestimate his power. It was beyond your expectation. So Ra laughed and shook her head, rejecting his offer, “His presence annoys me, I admit. But since you’re here, I’m not that annoyed.” So Ra shrugged and winked playfully, “Enjoy your drink, Baek.” She smiled, once she turned her back on Baekhyun, her smile disappeared immediately as she also had to deliver Kai’s drink to his table.

She sauntered to Kai’s table and prevented herself from slamming the drink on the table, placing it as gently as she could, “Enjoy your drink.” She said. “I’ll enjoy it more if your stay and chat with me for a while.” Kai said.

“No. Thank you.” So Ra said flatly and went back to counter.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

“Do I divide it first or…?? By the way what’s the formula? I forgot already, oh my God the test is on Wednesday.” So Ra pulled her hair out of frustration, stressed from all the assignments and tests. Baekhyun giggled, he had seen her panicking so many times like this, and he had learned that she worries about nothing, she ended up being the first or the second on the class (they compete together, Baekhyun and So Ra)

Her assignments, too, even though she did it right the night before it was collected, she was always one of the best in class. “So Ra.” Baekhyun called out. “What??? You remember the formula???” So Ra looked at him expectantly. “It’s written right there.” He pointed out, nodding at the modules the teacher had given them. “Ah, you’re right. Sorry, I can’t think straight I’m panicking.” She muttered as she quickly marked the formula, marking that it was important for the test.

“So Ra.”

Baekhyun was about to call her name again when another voice did it first, both So Ra and Baekhyun’s heads snapped towards the voice’s direction, which obviously belong to Kai who couldn’t leave So Ra alone. “Hey. What are you studying?”

“Formulas, numbers and it was written right here and you still ask?” So Ra raised an eyebrow, her tone changing, it become sharper.

“I want to hear your voice, that’s all.” Kai shrugged and took a seat right on the opposite of them, “Do you have plan this weekend?” Ignoring the rudeness coming from So Ra, Kai asked.

“I’m having headache this weekend.” So Ra said, sighing and quickly averted her attention to the Math problems she was solving, Baekhyun chortled, causing Kai to glare at him, but of course Baekhyun didn’t budge, Kai’s stare didn’t scare him, at all.

“Uhm, how about next week?” Kai asked once more, attempting the second chance.

“Having a stomachache next weekend.” So Ra said in a monotone tone. “Can you please leave now? I’m trying to study and you’re disturbing me.” Not even trying to hide the annoyance in her voice, So Ra looked up at Kai.

Kai’s face fell for a moment, and So Ra saw it, but Kai quickly covered it with the big smile he usually had, “Yeah, maybe next time. Good luck on studying, So Ra.” Kai stood up and waved, even though So Ra’s eyes weren’t on him anymore.

Kai turned around and sighed silently, he couldn’t understand her, why does she hate him so much? What did he do to her exactly? From the first time they looked at each other, So Ra’s eyes were already filled with so much hatred, which startled Kai at first, and he became curious of this girl, and began to give her special attention, and the final result was.

He fell in love with her.

That girl. Kai sighed and smiled bitterly, Can’t she even give me a little bit of hope?

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

@Bellexoxo : Hello!!! Hehehe, glad to know that you like this so far! And no problem gurll :D

 

 

 

Hello everyone!!

Happy New Year!!

I hope this story get loved by you guys, hehehe. I know I'm still lacking on so many aspects, but I promise I'll do my best on my writing! Enjoy this story! And if you have critics don't be shy about it and tell me! I'll try my best to fix it, hehehe. 

Once again! Happy New Year!!! 

#SMOOCH

 

 

 

KISS&HUG

XOXO