Shut Up

10th Anniversary With DBSK and JYJ

Changmin’s gaze averted from the window and rested on Yunho’s back. “The weather matches my mood,” Changmin huffed. Suddenly feeling woozy, he slumped on the couch to steady himself. It was as if the unknowing of where they were (and why) was having an ill effect on him. The kitchen was not abundant with food supplies, but it still had plenty to eat and drink for at least a week. Yunho sympathised for Changmin with a sigh, his hand still scribbling at the paper beneath on the desk he was sat at. 

“What are you writing?” Changmin queried. 

Yunho’s writing hand slackened. “Nothing much…just some lyrics,” he replied, a small laugh breaking from his lips before he nervously continued, worried that Changmin would walk over to look. Thankfully, Changmin just acknowledged his reply with a casual “oh” before Yunho heard movement on the sofa as Changmin settled down, ready for a nap. Changmin’s head was spinning, constantly torn between anger and anxiety. He was annoyed that Yunho seemed to be reacting so calmly to the situation, but at the same time he felt guilty for feeling this way. He should be glad that Yunho didn’t seem worried, he thought. There was also a scary thought which he was making great effort to push right to the back of his mind which wondered if this was all some sick joke; if he and Yunho were only being held here until the person who wanted to kill them would arrive and finish the job. He shuddered the thought away again, and tried his best to relax so that he could sleep away these negative thoughts and feelings.  

 

Yunho felt concerned as he looked over at Changmin, who was groaning irritably and restlessly shifting around. The heavy music next-door was so loud that poor Changmin couldn't sleep. It had only been playing for no longer than ten minutes, but Yunho decided that enough was enough. Who was this idiot who thought that playing music so loud was a smart idea? He was also interested; were they being held here against their will too? But, if so, where did they find a boombox hideous and large enough to play music this loudly? 

"Hey!" Yunho shouted, trying his best to raise his voice above the sound of guitars and drums. He tried several times but the music did not cease, so he began banging on the wall where the music seemed to be loudest. Changmin stirred.

"Yunho-yah, what are you doing?" He asked, irritation evident in his tone.

Yunho knocked and yelled again before turning to Changmin. "They won't stop the music," he explained. Then an idea suddenly sparked through him. "Hey! Changmin-ah, use your voice."

"What?"

"Use your high notes with your voice; maybe they will hear you," Yunho reasoned, already trying to encourage Changmin to get up from the sofa by tugging on his arm.

Changmin let Yunho pull him to his feet and walked over to the wall, then cleared his throat. Yunho made sure to keep his distance. Then Changmin sang a simple "yeah" but raised the pitch higher and higher - it became so exceptional that Yunho had to cover his ears. 

The music stopped.