Making Her Smile

Cascade

 

Jongdae pushes Yixing ahead. Yixing protests that he was going to go by himself anyways. Just a little bit later.

 

Definitely today.

 

Sometime tomorrow maybe?

 

Jongdae glares. Yixing scampers to sit next to Qiuyue who is sitting by her usual place by the counter. She's busy typing away on her laptop, struggling to meet her project deadline which is coming up in three days. Maybe he shouldn't disturb her...

 

"Oh, hi!" she greets when she looks up and notices him there. "Hi" Yixing says, a little awkwardly. He knows both Jongdae gege and Sunny jiejie are watching. "So, how's the project coming along?" he asks, hoping to make some small talk first. "I'm getting there. There is this stupid bug that I can't fix and it keeps giving me an error. I've been having sleepless nights" she cries in frustration. Yixing doesn't get it but he nods along pretending he understands.

 

"So... you know the spring festival that's coming up?" he asks. It's now or never. "Yeah! I went last year and it was really cool. Very pretty too since the trees had begun to bloom when it was held last year. You should definitely attend it!" she says enthusiastically. "Well I am going to. In a way" he says, wondering how exactl to phrase it without being blunt. "In a way?" she asks. "Yeah. I'm going to be performing a set or two in the evening" he tells her. "That is so amazing! I will definitely come watch!" she promises. Yixing smiles widely and Qiuyue does too. 

 

Yixing decides that he likes making her smile.