Spring Concert

Cascade

Yixing pretends to tune his guitar. He carefully surveys the crowd. There aren't a lot of people here. The break isn't over yet. It's mostly the music department students and a couple of professors and their families. A stray exchange student or two are present too. The crowd is averagely young and hopefully they will like his songs.

 

He takes a deep breathe. He is about to go on stage in ten minutes.He will be lying if he says that the nerves aren't getting to him.

 

"Yixing!"

 

He turns around at the sound of his name. He finds Qiuyue standing there, being scolded by one of his seniors for shouting backstage. He apologises in her place and drags her away, promising to be back in time for his turn.

 

"What are you doing here?" he asks surprised. "Supporting you duh!" she replies matter of factly. "You're embarrassing" he says blushing a bit. Qiuyue's jaw drops. "Got to go!" he realises. He gives her an apologetic smile and runs back to the stage entrance. He doesn't miss her pout. He has a little surprise that will hopefully make up for it.

 

He enters from the right and bows. He is met by stray claps here and there as he introduces himself. He starts with a mellow K.Will ballad. People recognise this song and some start singing along. He spots Qiuyue singing along. She stops when she sees him looking though. He smiles and continues. He sings two more songs before taking a bow and walking off stage.

 

He finds Qiuyue in the crowd and sits down next to her. "I'd tell you that you were awesome but I would end up embarassing you" she says in a playful tone. "I'd die of the embarrassment" he replies with a cheeky grin. Qiuyue sticks her tongue out and goes back to concentrating on the song. Yixing shakes his head and joins her when she starts singing along to a pop group's song.

 

Slightly out of breathe and flushed from the excitement she leans in and Yixing's eyes widen. "Do you want to get something to eat?" she asks but he isn''t able to hear over the loud background music. She repeats herself before shaking her head and taking him by his hand and leading him out. They end up at a deokbokki stall and Yixing realises he was hungry too.

 

After roaming around for a while Yixing decides to accompany her home. "You don't have to" she tells him but he insists, not wanting her to walk back alone in the dark. The walk is relatively short and they end up at her dorm before they realise it.

 

"I had a good time tonight" she tells him with a smile. "Me too" Yixing agrees. "You were amazing with the guitar! Since no one is around I can embarrass you now" she teases him. He runs his hand through his hair but returns a shy thank you. Qiuyue laughs. A comfortable silence settles in as the inevitable parting looms ahead. "I guess I should go" she tells him awkwardly and he nods half heartedly. She turns to leave.

 

"Qiuyue!" he calls out, surprising himself and her. "Yeah?" she asks. Without saying anything, he leans forward and kisses her on her cheek. Where is this courage coming from? "Good night" he greets her and then turns around and walks away. Sometimes running away is better than confronting the situation.

 

A few seconds later he dares to turn around. Qiuyue is still standing there. She has a hand on her cheek, and is smiling to herself. She didn't hate it and that gives Yixing hope. He fist pumps the air (and skips a little and kicks a few stones on his way) and walks ahead. Tomorrow, when Qiuyue shows up to the cafe, he'll probably do something special for her. Maybe Sunny jiejie will teach him how to make a fancy cupcake or Jongdae gege will help him make a fancy capaccino just the way Qiuyue likes it. Does she like green tea latte? He likes green tea latte. He hopes she likes it.

 

(In the future, Qiuyue proudly proclaims that she started liking green tea latte after the first time Yixing made it for her.)

 

-x-The-End-x-

 

A/N - the story finishes here! I love Yixing and I don't want to let this story go ;__; Hopefully if you guys like it, I'll add another part or collection of special drabbles. ^_^