First Flutter

Now That You've Found Me...

"Follow me," Jinah grabbed Sungjoon's hand and pulled him through the crowd to a hidden corner with a large black door. She looked around behind them before catching his eyes and smiling before opening the door which lead to a staircase.

"Should we be-" He was cut off by a sharp 'shh' from Jinah before she lead him up the stairs careful not to spill her drink - or let go of his hand. 

When they reached the top of the stairs she opened one last door leading them to the roof of the building. Sungjoon smirked at this small show of rebellion that she was showing him when they had only formally just met a few minutes ago. She pulled away from him and walked over towards the side of the building and looked out over the scenery. Sungjoon watched her as he slowly followed and stood next to her taking a sip of his drink. 

"I don't think we're supposed to be up here." Sungjoon said with a smirk

"I won't tell if you don't." She replied

Sungjoon looked at her in amusement letting out a shocked chuckle. She looked up at him over the rim of her drink and smiled. 

"What?!" She asked 

"Nothing, I just..." He looked at her again "I wasn't expecting something so rebelious from you."

"I like it up here, it's quiet." He nodded looking over the scenery and then back at her. She looked sad and vulnerable; that made him want to know her, protect her from the hardships in the world. "The only reason I come to these parties is because of Lizzy - she's my cousin - she's more social than I am." 

"I've met her, she's nice though."

"She's a lot to take in at first, a lot of energy."

"Oh yea she is." Jinah laughed taking another sip of her drink before continuing to speak.

"Kris...His parents and my parents their companies have been partners for years. When we first started dating he was a very proper young man and now he's...well what you saw down there. We dated for two years and I never really saw this side of him before. Then I caught him cheating..." she stopped talking 

"My mom had me when she was 17" He said taking the attention from her feeling somehow comfortable with her. He turned and leaned against the ledge of the building looking back at that black door they came through. "She was on and off with my dad for about...6 years. Had my sister and then it was just us. I had to grow up pretty fast since my mom worked three jobs and I had to watch my sister since she couldn't afford daycare. I'm the man of that house...they mean everything to me, I'm here in school for them so I have to work hard; no distractions." She nodded and turned leaning against the ledge also. 

"No distractions, my motto for this year. I'm taking a lot of classes and the library is my new best friend."

"What's your major?"

"Nursing."

"I'm in med."

"Maybe we'll get to work together one day." She said resting her hand down on the edge her fingertips touching his. Her breath hitched at the contact suddenly feeling aware of how close they were and the stories they were sharing. She was going to pull her hand away when his fingers grazed hers. She looked over at him instantly locking eyes. What is going on? She thought. This is a weird feeling.

"Maybe," he replied.

"Nana!!" She pulled away from him and stared at Lizzy who was standing in the doorway looking at the two of them suspiciously. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know you knew each other..." She said her eyes lingering on Sungjoon 

"We were just talking, he saved me from a bad situation with Kris but it's over." Sungjoon chuckled at her obvious nervousness.

"We're just leaving now," Lizzy said.

"Oh, yea okay." Nana looked back at Sungjoon and nodded before rushing towards Lizzy and going down the stairs. Sungjoon shook his head in amusement and slowly followed. When he got to the door Lizzy blocked his way with a smirk on her face.

"You like her." She said bluntly

"What?"

"You like my cousin, she likes you." 

"What?" Sungjoon said with more confusion.

"Of all the times I've come up here to retrieve her, this is the first time she's ever been with someone else. See ya," She gave his shoulder a pat before turning and going down the stairs.