;Author's Notes;

The Feathers of Lucifer

Hi there, all who read this story!

First of all, thank you for reading it even though it's poorly written and for bearing through all the religious stuff I blended in this fantasy based story of mine. 

Secondly, I would like to tell you that you have to take the story as it is. Meaning - you shouldn't try to look it from a religious point of view. Yes, it is inspired from religion, but I wanted to think of a different path for Lucifer, 'cause everywhere he's the bad guy. I wanted you all to think: "Hey, what if Lucifer wasn't actually bad? What if he was just... misunderstood?". That's what I wanted to suggest to you all and hopefully, some of you questioned themselves somewhere deep, deeeeeeeeeep inside :)

Thirdly, I know that the story ain't quite from the beginning to the end, but better said from the middle to the end, with bits and fragments from the beginning placed here and there. It's hard to understand through some lines, I know, but please bear with me since it was a philosophical idea and debate I had with myself that I tried to put down under the form of a story^^' Maybe it wasn't the best idea, but still, I did my best. And to be honest, I kind of like how it turned out.

Now, I will give an insight to the characters since some stuff aren't that clear. I will explain my story here, in the following lines. ATTENTION: if you like the way it is, then please don't read the following, for it might only let you down when you reach the end of it. Otherwise, one, two, three, here we go!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alright! Starting from the beginning, the story is a little cloudy. But it's quite simple actually: Lucifer aka Kim Woo Bin - as you learn by the end of chapter one - followed a fake lead and fell into Michael aka Suho aka Joon Myun's trap, who, with the help of Sunggyu, the priest, manages to imprison Lucifer in a special cage made of new born thunders. The electricity that goes thought his body is meant only to keep him still, not to kill him.

It's all part of the plan anyway!

And then, Lucifer says that God is dead, perfectly quoting Nietzsche, thing which makes Michael weaken his control over the cage and BAM! we have a fugitive Woo Bin with a priest as prisoner (I secretly imagined a cartoonish Woo Bin running down a dark alley with Sunggyu thrown over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, lol).

Talking of Lucifer, I feel like opening brackets here to explain the title. The title of the story is actually an allegory of Lucifer's transition through an angelic existence to a demonic one, returning back to his roots by the end of the stories. As you probably noticed, at the beginning (after escaping the cage), his wings are pitch black ---> his demonic existence. But at the very beginning, during the first flashback, they are white ---> his angelic existence, his root as being. And throughout the story, there are references to him plucking out white feathers, to his black feathers falling, to his half white, half black wings till they turn completely white ---> the transition between the two states of being.

Alright, having explained this - where was I? Oh, in Sunggyu's house! Now here begins the transformation of Lucifer back to the archangel he used to be once.

Feeling the need to open yet another bracket: you might have noticed that Lucifer calls the priest in different ways. At the beginning, he is 'Kim Sunggyu' or 'The Marked One', as they reach his house, he turns into 'priest' or 'Sunggyu', rarely being called by his full name. And till the end of the story, he remains 'Sunggyu', being called only once by his full name, during that moment when Lucifer thought of his betrayal. This, all of this is yet another metaphor I created to show not only how Lucifer transforms from the cold demon to an emphatic being, but also how his relation with the priest deepens once some personal details are revealed.

Closed brackets.

Now, now, one important detail about archangel Michael or Suho, however you want to call him. He is mentioned to have been by Sunggyu's side from the very beginning. From the beginning of his time. And disappears only when Sunggyu orders him to stop, during the faux fight with his brother. Keep this in mind, please, it will be important at the end!

So, they get to the strange house, which is actually where everything began, back when Lucifer met Yaelle the first time. But details aren't that many and it's not that important anyway. Some clues are given, but not so many and not that obvious. Before the fight, Sunggyu disappears. Michael seems to be an angry birth and Yaelle appears once again.

Brackets open: Yaelle, the queen of a kingdom the history no longer remembers is the core of the story, the very box of Pandora. She wasn't the temptation, she was the leader for Lucifer. She was meant to open his eyes towards another creation of the Father. The punishment she received was a lesson meant for Lucifer to learn - you need to be humble and work hard to be able to really save someone. And yet, Lucifer was defying and angry, too certain of his own powers to see that his salvation would have meant the destruction of the woman as his heart would have 'eaten' her years as there were nice hearts beating together to sustain one archangel.

Brackets closed.

Michael hits Yaelle. On purpose. Of course he knew that Lucifer would dodge the hit! He's an archangel! And the hit was actually the lift of the curse and a return to what used to be, to a Yaelle dying from a heart condition. Michael actually helped him.

You see, this is when someone dies for being hit for real. Sunggyu appears out of nowhere and stabs the archangel with the staff that's mentioned to belong to Lucifer (as the ruler of Hell, he's have a staff to rule the darkness), poisoning Michael with darkness. And this, my dear, is the actual of the story - the moment Lucifer sees the right path. He wants to save his lover, but he also wants to save his hit brother. The only solution is to leave himself out of the equation and calculate everything with only Yaelle and Michael in his eyes, mind and heart. And so he gives his heart to both of them and his wings turn pure white, demonstrating that he had earned his right to be a real archangel.

God appears (YAY! for him not being dead^^) for the first time with a face (The Father or God appeared during flashbacks as a light; I wanted to keep God more of a concept than actual, material being) and SURPRISE! he's Sunggyu and Sunggyu is him. Surprised? 

The actual story is simpler when told like this: once there was an angel, powerful, beautiful, an angel who despised humankind. God sent him on Earth to understand his creation. Here, the angel met a girl who was a match to all the others archangels. And he thought he fell in love with her. And, blinded by his pride of being the second powerful being after God, he tried to save her without understanding the risks. And God stopped him, casting him away and putting a spell on her so that the angel would never be able to find her unless he truly, really loves her. God leaves Heaven and takes a human form. Michael is always near him. When the right time comes, the fallen angel is made to face the ultimate test; to choose between his love for freedom and the bonds of family. He proves he's a real angel by leaving himself out when doing the math to save the wounded ones. And God reveals himself in front of him while elevating them all to Heaven. The End.

Hehehehe, disappointed?

I hope not. 'Cause I really enjoyed writing this! Mainly because Woo Bin is a bias of mine that climbed really fast on the list thanks to his poor destiny in drama 'The Heirs'^^' And I enjoyed imagining him as Lucifer, with his jokes. Forgive me if they're not funny... I still crack at them when I read them^^'

These being said, I hope you've enjoyed my story and that you'll leave some feed back. I'd really love to read your opinions on this piece of writing!

Thank you once again!

Yours truly,

Kat