Chapter 1

My Christmas Love Story *Dropped*

CHAPTER 1

 

Sehun and you have been best friends since the beginning of high school. Sehun was a very unsociable person, unless he was around friends. When he was around friends he would always smile, and you found that was the best. Although Sehun was always a pain towards you, but you just tolerated it. Maybe because you had the slightest crush on him.

Ha.

That was a joke.

You had the hugest crush on him.

He was the guy with all the friends, the popular one.

You were just his normal friend who were friends through Luhan, your cousin.

Sehun was the one who would drive you and Luhan home everyday after school. Luhan would be dropped off first then five minutes later Sehun would drop you off at your house.

“What are you doing this Christmas break?” Sehun asks after you got into the front seat after he dropped of Luhan. He would always do this because he hated feeling like a taxi driver instead of a friend.

“Um, probably just going to lay around doing nothing. Same ol same ol. How about you? What are going to do for Christmas?” You ask.

“Hmm, I might go to a family retreat in Jeju...” Sehun trails off and you look at him. He looks like he was hesitant to answer the question.

“Sehun, is something wrong?” You ask as you look at his emotionless facial expression.

“Nothing.” He coldly says. It was weird, his response but you just shrugged it off. “We’re here.” Sehun says as he pulls into your driveway and parks.

“Thanks for the ride Sehun.” You say and look at him. He still had the cold, hard emotionless facial expression. “Um, I’ll see you later then.” You say awkwardly and get out of the car. As soon as you close the door he quickly speeds off.

“No goodbye? Wow, that was weird.” You chuckle to yourself. Sehun sometimes would have an emotionless expression. It was not something unusual for you to see. “I’ll ask about it later~” You hum to yourself as you happily walk inside your house.

 

 

You walk into the doors of the school the next day. You had to walk to school today since Sehun did not come to pick you up. It was weird, his behavior. He did not answer your calls or text messages. You asked your cousin Luhan if Sehun was answering his phone and he told it was perfectly fine. It bothered you a bit. Part was because Sehun was ignoring you and that hurt a bit since you had a crush on him. It hurt even more since he was also your friend. You walked to your locker and looked inside with empty eyes. For some reason, this bugged you a lot more than it should.

There was a big unsettling feeling in the pit of your stomach and it took out your life.

“Woah, are you okay?” Your friend Kai asks. Kai was your friend from middle school and was also quite tight with Sehun. You always wondered why he loves to hang around you. You were a quite plain girl, like a platypus, you did not do much. While on the other hand, Kai on the other hand was one of the most popular kids in school. He was the most sought out guy by every girl, in the school’s district. He excelled in a ton of sports, and was an extraordinary good dancer.

“Oh, um... something doesn’t feel right in my stomach. It’s very, unsettling...” You rub your stomach and looked at him.

Kai was not half-bad looking. You did have to admit, his mocha colored skin, with that tousled hair that was styled so it looked messy in a fashionable way. The way his white collared shirt always had the first two buttons undone and the dark navy-blue jacket just worked so well on him. Along with those pants and the kicks he would always wear. Black and white Nike kicks looked lovely on him.

“Oh, are you okay? Do you need to go to the nurse’s office?” Kai asks with those dark orbs filled with concern, but you shake your head.

“No, I’m fine. It’s more of a feeling like, I know something bad is happening...” You say and look up to the end of the hall.

At least you figured out what was churning your stomach.

Sehun was walking down the halls with a girl clung to his arm.

And that girl was a hell of a lot of pretty.

Prettier than Luhan.

Hope cousin does not kill me for that thought.

She had cute plump lips and the way she wore the uniform skirt was totally a turn-on, if you were a guy.

    “Kai, who’s that?” You ask but you saw him checking out the girl clung onto Sehun’s arm. Kai’s mouth was hung wide open with eyes bulging out. You assume she was pretty hot in Kai’s standard because Kai does not widen his eyes and have his mouth hang open for any girl. You let out a sigh and wave your hand in front of his eyes shaking him up from the fantasy he was having.

    “Oh, um that? I don’t know. I’ll go ask Sehun to go introduce me to that hot chick.” Kai winks at you and then casually strolls over to Sehun and the girl. You let a shaky breath out trying not fear the worst. It was getting harder by the second. You looked over towards Kai, and he had a hard cold look inside his eyes glaring at Sehun. He mutters some words to Sehun and walkes back towards you casually.

    “So, um, Kai, who is that?” You ask curiously but Kai just slung his arm around your waist, pulling you in closer. Your eyes widen at the action but it causes a red tint to appear on your face when Kai leans in towards your ear.

    “Doesn’t matter. Let’s just go class.” Kai whispers into your ear and walks you to your first class.