Two: Remember Me?

Dead But Alive

I'm barely awaken by my alarm. Mom left me a note saying that she needs to go to work early and visit Aunt Yumi. I was so tired that I forgot to eat. After bathing, dressing up, etcetera, I groggily left the house. Assuming that I won't bump into someone today, I actually did. I didn't even bother to say sorry first. I'm so sleepy and weary. "Yo, watch out Pretty." Pretty. That soothing voice always calms me. I don't know why. "Lu... Luhan-ss..Luhan-ssi?" I sleepily stuttered. "Are you OK, Yoona?" he asked, concerned, obviously. "Huh? Y-yeah.. s-sure." I didn't know what happened next because I felt my eyelids close and my body fall.

My eyes fluttered open and I find myself in a BMW car (or as my instincs tell me) with a blonde boy sitting beside me. "Oh, you're awake!" he exclaimed. As I heard his voice, my energy filled up. I knew it was Luhan. I sat up straight and glanced at my surroundings. I looked at him and blinked. "What?" he asked. "Where am I?" I asked. "In my car. You passed out." he simply answered. I made an 'O' shape with my mouth and sat quietly. I was filled with flashbacks last night, so I couldn't sleep well. We reached school moments later. I silently hoped no one would even notice me with him. I don't want to be like that. "Thanks for the ride. I'll go first." I bowed and started heading off. "Yoona--"

"Oppa!" someone said.

We both turned and saw a beautiful girl with silky black hair. She has big eyes and an innocent smile. "Oppa, I told you to wait for me at the bus stop!" she complained. I decided to leave them alone and continued walking away. I felt like I knew her for so long. Now, where did my sharp mind go? I shrugged it off and headed to the classroom.

I was about to go to my seat when a tan-skinned girl, really y of course, tackled me. "Eh?" I grunted. "Hello there! My name is Kwon Yuri, and now, I'm officially your best friend!" she yelled and hugged me. "You're Im Yoona, right? 16 years old? Girl, I'M DYING TO BE YOUR BFF! But you were so timid, so shy, so quiet, that I couldn't even approach you!" she blabbered. I just smiled and started walking towards my seat. I think she was about to stop me again but the teacher came, and so the lessons started.

For the next periods, Yuri, or whoever she is, spent her time with me. And you know what's amazing? She didn't get annoyed because I wasn't even talking to her! It was dismissal time and she still wanted to go home with me. I agreed because I don't want to let her down. "Are you seriously going home already? Can we like.. go to the mall? It's only 4!" she whined. I decided to speak to you know... boost her enthusiasm. "I don't know. Eomeoni might get worried." I politely refused. "Ehh! My Yoong, you can just call her you're with a friend, right?! You have a phone! Everyone has a phone!" she yelled. I don't use a fricking phone. I communicate by sending rainbow-messages to Eomeoni. I tried hard not to show my stubborness. "Fine. I'll.. call her. Or whatever I do to communicate using a phone." I muttered. Eventually, she heard it. "What? You don't know how to use a phone?" she gasped. "W-What? I-I.. d-didn't s-say anything." I laughed nervously. "Okay then." she said suspiciously. "Let's just go." I said and she smiled, pulling me away.

At the mall, Yuri showed me her favorite shoe store, dres shop, cosmetics shop and etcetera. I don't want to hurt her feelings, so I pretended that I'm interested in them whatsoever. I think she heard my stomach growl, so we went into a nearby cafe. She ordered a choco milkshake for her and a cookie flavored shake for me. And for pastries, she ordered cheesecakes. I flinched when she used her phone. Honestly, I was NEVER allowed to use one. It sends out signals to my 'monster' enemies somewhere here on earth. Trust me, I've done enough fighting. At least, after my latest battle when I was 10, I had peace for six years. Which was surprising. And plus, having no phone is so hard. I couldn't talk to Mother properly because I could only send Morse codes or rainbow messages after rainshowers. I glanced at my back and saw Luhan, drinking coffee. I was about to approach him when he went to the washroom. "Um..Yuri-ssi--"

"Call me unnie." she said. "Okay then. Yuri unnie, can you please excuse me for a sec? I need to go to the washroom." I politely asked for permission. "Sure." she smiled. I stood up and went to the washroom. First things first: Why am I following him? I sense danger here. I wanted to go back, but I felt like I was facing my biggest enemy here: FEAR. Stupid her. Fear's a.. goddess? I don't know. Fear never bothered me until now. Any second now, someone's gonna show up, leap at me and somehow, kill me. Why did Fear has to be so surprising?! I walkedfurther, and suddenly, Luhan popped out from the Men's. "Oh gods! L-Luhan?" I stuttered, shocked. "Yoona? What a coincidence." he cheekily smiled. "I guess it was." I sheepishly smiled. "Are you alone?" he asked. "Umm, aniyo. I'm wth Yuri unnie." I said, emphasis on the word 'unnie'. "You're still not used to it, huh?" he chuckled. "So, are you alone?" I asked. He was about to say something when the girl I saw earlier went out of the Ladies'. "No. He's not alone." she smiled. But I sense sarcasm in her smile. "My name is Seo Joohyun. Seohyun for short. Remember me, Im Yoona?" she smiled and bowed. That's it. I confirmed it. She IS my biggest enemy. 

"Annyeonghaseyeo, unnies and oppas. My name is Seo Joohyun, but please call me Seohyun. I'm a year younger than all of you. Please take care of me." a beautiful girl said and bowed. 

"Alright. Seohyun-ah, please sit between Yoona and Luhan. Please raise both of your hands." the teacher demanded, but nicely. The two best friends raised their hands and Seohyun walked towards them.

 

"Uwaaahh! Umma! Umma!" Seohyun cried. Yoona and Luhan heard her, so they ran towards her.

"Seohyun-ah, what's wrong?" Yoona asked, concerned.

"Umma's not yet here! I wanna go home!" she cried.

"How about... we play first? I'm sure your umma will come sooner or later." Luhan assured.

Seohyun looked mesmerized at Luhan. She was staring at him intently. It took her 5 seconds to know she was still on earth. "O-ok.." Seohyun agreed at his suggestion.

 

Seo Joohyun. 15 years old. She grew up pretty. I hope she grew up.. NICELY.