Frantic boy.

Christmas Eve

His Christmas eve.  

 

"Hyung, you just arrived?"  

"Ani, you made me wait a whooole hour! You promised to be with me on this fateful day. Also, you're my couple, oppa.." Choi Jin Hyuk teases his dongsaeng, enjoying this moment of easy banter between them. He actually missed this 26 year old guy-slash-elementary-kid.  

"Aish. Are you drunk already? With 2 bottles?", the choding accuses the older guy. "I guess that's what happens when you age huh?"  

"Yah! Lee Min Ho ssi! I'm only two years older than you, how can you talk about age? Tsk. Aaaand.. I can only drink two.. y'know that. By the way, is it really just the two of us?" He looked over the younger guy's shoulder, seemingly looking for someone.  

"What? Aren't I enough for you, hyung? Are you expecting Joo Eun noona here?" Min Ho looks around as well, then snarks at the older guy before taking the chair opposite his hyung. "I can call her if you want, I guess you still miss being Kim Won, huh? Aigoo."  

"Heol. Are we going there now? You talking about me or yourself?" Jin Hyuk raises his eyebrows at this, taking the bait. "Hm. Let me see. Who just declared that Kim Tan is Lee Min Ho and Lee Min Ho is Kim Tan?", smirking at the now quiet choding.  

 

"Now. Who's missing being WHO right now, huh? Who?"  

 

". . ."  

 

"Aigoo. Silence? Really. No pissy comebacks? You're making this too easy for me, jerk."  

 

"What?"  

"What what? Hahaha! Are you crazy? Then why make that statement when you know it can be taken out of context. Are you still promoting our drama when it smashed the ratings for that time slot and has been sold to over 13 countries already?"  

 

"Uh.."  

"Uh-huh.."Jin Hyuk just looked at his dongsaeng, reading every reaction running on the other guy's face. "Min Ho, where's Shin Hye right now?"  

 

At the mention of that name, Jin Hyuk sees another reaction he has seen several times already. A reaction that is very similar to.. Kim Tan. Smiling at this discovery, he digs for more. "Yah! I'm asking something here. Do you know where MY cute Shin Hye is? Like right now. Where?"  

 

"M-my Shin Hye?"  

"Why? Is she yours?"  

"Aish, did I say that? You're too immature hyung."  

"And you're so mature that your face took this purplish death color at the mention of 'MY' before Shin Hye's name. Hahaha!"  

 

"You're really enjoying this huh? And no, I don't know where YOUR Shin Hye is.", he almost choked at the word 'your'. "We haven't gotten to talking.. or texting lately?" Thinking about that suddenly made him feel a bit woozy.  

 

Jin Hyuk notices the sudden change of demeanor. "Really? What happened? You were really close. Didn't you see them in China? They actually looked great in that awards show. Almost like a couple."  

 

"They're in Beijing, I was in Singapore then Shanghai." He bit his lips, memories of that night returned like a long forgotten nightmare. Alone in his hotel, seeing those two together. Her in that dress. Him hugging her. In a public setting, an awards show at that. He feels woozy again.  

"Ah, yes. And you accepted an award too right? Is it Shanghai? Oh yeah, you did that almost kiss with Fan Bing Bing! Your hand, on her nape! You lucky jerk!" Jin Hyuk playfully slaps the choding's back. "I'm actually jealous of that. Haha!"  

"Hyung..."  

"What?"  

"That's called fanservice."  

"I know. I'm just teasing you. Relax.", he smiled at the obvious irritation of his young friend. "You do know that those made the naver searches right? They're saying you got chemistry as well. Haha! Poor Shin Hye they said."  

"They said what--"   He was about to explain himself when they were interrupted by a very familiar voice.

"Hyuuuuung! You're here as well? Why didn't you text me?" Kim Bum bear hugs Min ho. Please with his friend's affection, he playfully hits Bummie.

"Yah! Let go! Why would I text you when you're taken already. It's christmas eve, spend it with your new girlfriend!" He jokingly pushed Kim Bum away.

"By the way, this is Jin Hyuk hyung, show your respect Bummie. Hyung, this is Bummie."  

Kim Bum bowed and offered his hand to the older guy. "It's nice to finally meet you, sunbae-nim.", he smiled at the guy who got really close to his choding friend.

"Aish, just call me hyung. Sit down. What do you wanna drink? Min Ho will be paying so just order away."   "Ah really?", at the mention of that Bummie starts listing stuffs he wants to eat.  

"Hyuuung!" Min Ho starts to whine at the mention of paying for food. He looks at the hyung's disapproving face and reluctantly gives in at the end. "Aish, just order. Where were we hyung? Before this guy rudely interrupted us. Tsk"  

"Oh, you two were gossiping?", intrigued by this, Bummie asks the two grown men.

"We're not gossiping. Shut up and just wait for your food!"  

"Aish, don't mind me. Talk away. I'm leaving soon anyway, Geun Young is nearly here." Unfazed and used to Min Ho's moodswings, Bummie just played with his smartphone.

"Whatever. Anyway, hyung as I was saying, what did they say again? Pity who?", he really is bent on knowing what's been said about them these days. He doesn't really care what the others say, but he does care what that one person thinks. That girl.

 

"Ah! Shin Hye!" His heart reacted to that name again. Damn heart. He looked around thinking and hoping she appeared.

"Yah! Stop interrupting! And how do you know we're talking about Shin Hye?"  

"She just tweeted that she's sorta stranded in a gas station. Still a klutz, this chingu of mine."  

"WHAT? SAY THAT AGAIN?" His heart almost stopped when he heard Bummie say those words. Even Jin Hyuk was alarmed.  

"Shin Hye's a klutz?"  

"Not that! She's stranded where?" He really feels throwing up now. And he didn't even had any kind of alcohol yet.  

"Oooh so you were talking about her? Why? Aish, I don't really care just don't say mean things about her coz she's a friend." Aside from throwing up, he really wants to hit Bummie now. He's clenching his fists to control such urge.  

"What the hell are you saying pabo? Where is she stranded at?" Min Ho feels he's about to go crazy now. Seeing the stress on his dongsaeng's face, Jin Hyuk gently nudge the youngest. "Bummie, tease this choding further and he might really hit you. What did the tweet says?"  

"Just at a gas station, no location. She just finished her workout and I guess she's low on gas so.. Gas station but the gas valve is frozen and.. She's stranded now."  

 

"Aish! THAT STUPID GIRL!" He feels faint now and he hasn't even thrown up yet. Is he having a heart attack now?  

"Um, why is he yelling like that hyung?"  

"Min Ho just calm down, try calling her phone first." Jin Hyuk tries calming the now very pale choding. He's worried as well, knowing that girl can be a real handful at times.  

"I already did, she's not answering at all!" He's really panicking now.

"Then call her manager, he should know her exact location by now."  

"Okay. Um, can I leave now hyung? I'm sorry, I know I promised you--  He really feels sorry to Jin Hyuk hyung but he knows he needs to go or he'll really go crazy and have a heart attack at the same time. Jin Hyuk knows this as well.

"Go! And don't forget to say hi for me, tell her I miss her as well", still teasing the now very frantic choding.

"Aish!"  

"Okay! Just go!"

"Ah. What just happened?"  

"Christmas happened." Jin Hyuk smiled at Bummie.