At the gas station, finally.

Christmas Eve

 

Minho sprinted all the way to where he parked his car. Fear clearly seen on his half covered face. Passersby let him pass and were surprised to see this huge, awkward guy running with a phone stucked to his face. They'd be even more surprise if they knew who has been marathoning thru Gangnam street at this time.  A hallyu star on a very desperate run, on his way to rescue a not-so-smart-girl.

"Jun hyung! It's me, Min Ho! Yes! Have you located Shin Hye already? She's not answering! Yes. Twitter! Oh. Really? Okay. I'm on my way there now. No! I'm nearer. Okay. I'll call you when I get there. Okay. Thanks. Ah! Merry christmas hyung! Bye."

Finding out that the girl is actually near him right now, he stopped. He stopped then clutched chest, steadying his pounding heart. Intense relief and lack of oxygen is making him feel woozy. Or, it could be the thought that he would see her again. Tonight. She's near. He closed his eyes with that thought. She's really near.  He can actually feel her now.  He took a deep breath, readying himself for another sprinting as the said gas station is just a block away from him. She's just a block away from him now. He smiled then exhaled. He starts running towards the gas station.

At that moment, the not-so-smart-girl is busy chatting with the gas ahjussis. She's thrilled that they didn't recognize her. She actually preferred it this way.  It is on these times when she knows that people are sincere with her.  Talking and doing normal stuffs like these have always been her way of life. She's finally enjoying her Christmas eve. She's not alone and she's in good company. She can't ask for a much better christmas eve than this. Shin Hye finally smiled.

"Ahjussi!!! How can you say that to a lady! I've always had this chubby cheeks!" Shin Hye playfully scolded the kindly old man who helped her earlier. They have been teasing her over coffee for ten minutes now.

"Aigoo. Miane agasshi. Chubby or not, you're still prettiest for us! But, you should lessen your ramyun intake, it'll bloat you. Like some oversoaked noodles. Hahaha!" The elderly , enjoying the company of this very funny kid.

"Aish!!! I don't even like those! Does my face really look like the moon? Be honest! Please?" She anxiously asked the ahjussis, wanting to know their opinion more than the opinion of her stylist for this matter. 

"Hahaha! Juuust a tiny, teeeny bit! Hahaha!"

"Aish!"  She's defeated by these old men. Shin Hye sighed and then smiled. She feels happy. She likes this kind of normalcy in life. She's happy. 

Right at that time, while she was busy laughing with them, someone frazzled and very, very annoyed arrived. He looks like someone who's having a panic attack in front of the station. Sprinting that distance with all his might is making him huff and puff beside the sidewalk. Hands on hips, he tried to breath normally. No way he's gonna lose consciousness over this. He closed his eyes praying for more strength and enough oxygen for this night. When he opened them, he zeroed in on the girl who almost caused him a heart attack. On christmas eve.

"Shin Hye.. You stupid brat.." Min Ho just sighed.

He looked at her again, really looked at the girl now. His heart starts to feel warm again. He missed those smiles. Her stupid grins and childish gestures, he missed them. She used to look at him like that as well. Joking and teasing him like a fool. Has it really been that long now? That's when he realized she's all alone in that room full of men. Elderly and ahjussi-like, but still men. That irked him. Totally.

"You are sooo in trouble brat. Be thankful I can't go in there and drag you out here." Min Ho mumbled to himself. It may be really cold outside but he won't risk getting recognized as he felt he may get pissy and violent. So, he just planted himself near Shin Hye's car, cover himself up and pray some more.

Inside, the gas ahjussis informed her that the valve has finally unfreezed and the tank has been filled as well. She started saying her goodbyes to them. A bit regretful that it's still a whole hour before midnight and she really doesn't want to be alone when the clock strikes the twelfth hour. But she no longer have any reason to stay and it would be weird if she insisted.

"Ahjussi. Komawo for everything. For coffee and even the teasing." It may seem so normal and so standard but she still felt like crying.

"It's been our pleasure agasshi. Do come by if you need gas. Or if you get lonely, okay?" They again.

Laughing at this, she started hugging these elderly men who have given her so much happiness even though they're practically strangers. She feels warmer now and at peace. 

After checking her keys and making sure she paid properly, she finally comes out to get to her car. She smiled again and starts humming a song.

"How did that song goes again? Hm.. Hmm. Ah! In your eyes.. In Your mind.. Sarangi.. Geuryeojo.. Hm.. Hm.." She fumbles for her keys and continues on with the song. She's so into it that she didn't even notice the shivering human popsicle entombed near her car.

"Where was I again? Oh.. The best part.. Hurm.. Looove is the momeeeenntt!!!"

"Hello Shin hye.." (in full Kim Tan mode)

". . . . . GAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

End? Hahaha. ^^,