It's Over

Just One More Time

It was raining. On that night the rain had been so heavy, painting the roads, reflecting the lights looming overhead, and the red and blue lights beckoning in the distance. Sirens screeched through the silent night as they drew nearer. A trembling hand clawed through the rubble, scratching over glass ignoring the sparks of pain as they tried desperately to the reach other. The one who was crying tears of blood.

 

“Hakyeon-ah. Just hold on Hakyeon-ah, the ambulance is almost here” the soft voice wavered in the wind just barely reaching the shell-shocked boy, who simply dangled from the seat belt laced around his chest.

 

Rushed footsteps broke through the chaotic silence of that night, shoes crunching over discarded glass as the men made their way to the sight. Prying the bent door open, they reached in with caution, supporting the wounded boy’s head as they cut open the seatbelt. Dragging his body from the wreckage as he cried out in pain, his hand reaching out blindly for the other boy for comfort.

 

“Don’t be scared Hakyeon-ah, I’ll see you at the hospital. Only a little longer ok?” he soothed, his hands separating from Hakyeon’s as he watched the other boy be loaded into the ambulance and rushed away from him.

 

 

Taekwoon jolted awake from the memory, his eyes hurriedly jumping to the form resting tangled amongst the sheets beside him. With a shaky sigh he slowly allowed his body to rest back beside the slumbering boy. His eyes tracing over his features, over the scars that wound around his eyes, curling up his temple and under his shaggy hairline.

 

“What’s wrong Taekwoon-ah?” that voice brushed his ear startling him out of his thoughts and bringing his attention to those eyes. The grey eyes that were open, staring blankly back at him, those eyes that had once been a beautiful deep brown had lost their spark and life, they merely existed. Because after that night, the boy had never seen again.

 

“Nothing’s wrong Hakyeon-ah” he breathed softly laying a tender kiss on the other’s forehead, feeling his brow crease under his lips. Small hands pushed his shoulders making his lips detach before he leant back onto his pillow.

 

“You shouldn’t think about that night. It’s in the past, I’m fine now Taekwoon” The other ordered rising in his place atop the bed, a disgruntled pout pushing out his bottom lip. Taekwoon simply sighed a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips as he reached up running his fingers through the others hair before tugging him down, pulling him into a tender kiss as he relished in the other being in his arms.

 

Even with the others comforting words each day, he still struggled watching the other, how normal daily tasks had become so much harder after that incident, and he couldn’t help the blame that weighed down on his shoulders. He had been the one behind the wheel, no matter how many times Hakyeon had assured him it was bad weather, and that he was fine.  Taekwoon knew better. It killed him nearly every single time he stood outside of their bedroom hearing the other break down.

 

 

 

“I just want to see you one more time” Taekwoon heard Hakyeon breath out as he closed his eyes, feeling the other’s fingers slowly brushing over his features, how gentle and careful Hakyeon was made his heart stutter. Those fingers brushed over his eyes then down his cheekbone, his own eyes scanned over the other, the relaxed smile that was spread over those plump lips, and those dead grey eyes that aimed blankly into the air.

 

“ I wish you could” Taekwoon breathed, feeling the other’s movements falter before trailing down his neck. He looked back to the other boy, seeing the frown pressing on his brow, he knew the other boy worried for him. But he couldn't understand why, it was he that needed to worry for the other. Worry if whilst he was at work he had hurt himself, if he had tripped down the stairs, or walked into the coffee table. He lived each day at work in fear for the other.

 

“You need to stop worrying about me Taekwoon, I am fine.” He watched Hakyeon huff as he pushed from his seat, marching away from him, a loud thud sounded around the apartment as Hakyeon’s shin came into contact with the table making the other tumble to the floor, his bottom lip drawn between his teeth from pain.

 

Within moments Taekwoon was knelt before him, his hands gently curling up his pant leg to reveal the already bruising skin. He leant forward his lips gently pressing to the wound as he looked up, watching as the tears started to trickle down Hakyeon’s cheeks. With out a word Taekwoon pulled the other into his arms and just listened to him cry.

 

“I’m just so scared. Taekwoon-ah. I’m scared of this dark, when I turn on the lights it never leaves, I can’t see the sky, the sunrise. Or you. And I’m so scared to live forever in this darkness.” The words pierced into him continuously as his own tears rolled down his cheeks silently. Pressing the other tighter into his chest, he silently prayed, he wished everything would get better, that they could help Hakyeon. But he knew they couldn’t, and it killed him inside.

 

 

 

“Yah stop worrying, I said I can take care of myself already, I’m not a child Jung Taekwoon!” The words rose into the tensed night air. Taekwoon’s fists were clenched at his sides as his eyes narrowed onto the stubborn boy puffing before him.

 

“Fine if you can take care of yourself so well, then make your own dinner I’m going out,” he hissed as he spun ripping open the door ignoring the rain that continued to pour down. He marched out into the cold night air ignoring the other’s desperate calls from behind him.

 

He stepped out onto the street crossing and ignoring the honks of the cars, only pausing when a large bang resonated behind him. With widened eyes he slowly turned. The world slowed for just a second as he saw the other laying on the wet road. His scream erupting from his throat as he ran to the other’s side.

 

It was raining. On that night the rain had been so heavy, painting the roads, reflecting the lights looming overhead, and the red and blue lights beckoning in the distance. Sirens screeched through the silent night as they drew nearer. A trembling hand clawed through the rubble, scratching over glass ignoring the sparks of pain as they tried desperately to the reach other. The one lying motionless on the tarmac.

 

“Hakyeon-ah. Just hold on Hakyeon-ah, the ambulance is almost here” the soft voice wavered in the wind just barely reaching the boy who lay motionless. Tears rushed down Taekwoon’s face bleeding into the falling rain as his trembling hands gripped the limp hand, bringing the cold knuckles to his lips he kissed them tenderly hoping the other would speak. To yell at him, scold him, anything would be better than this silence.

 

Rushed footsteps broke through the chaotic silence of that night, shoes crunching over discarded glass as the men made their way to the sight. Prying the crying boy’s hand from the other, they dragged his still body onto the gurney, blood quickly staining it.

 

“Don’t be scared Hakyeon-ah, I’ll see you at the hospital. Only a little longer ok?” he soothed, his hands separating from Hakyeon’s as he watched the other boy be loaded into the ambulance and rushed away from him.

 

 

The white roses rest on the fresh soil, being watered by the tears that rained down onto the delicate petals. Soft sobs echoed into the cold air, the sun trying to warm the forever-cold man as he knelt before the tombstone, his hands feebly tracing over the engraved name. His heart begging and pleading for it’s other half.

 

“I’m so sorry Hakyeon-ah, if only I could have stayed. I would have you here, to hold you just one more time”

 

That was all Taekwoon asked for. To see him just one more time, to kiss him just one more time. To see that smile and laugh just one more time.

 

Just one more time. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Hey guys check out my new story