Run

Broken Wings 3

Chapter 7

Angel 

After clocking out at the station I headed back over to Dae-Jung's apartment. Earlier without him noticing I was able to copy his keys. I unlock the door to his apartment building and silently slip inside. Then head to his apartment. I know I'm taking a big risk by one invading a possible kidnappers home without backup, and a search warrant. But I just don't trust this kid enough not to investigate. So I unlock his door praying he isn't home. To my luck the place is empty. I pull my flashlight out, and begin searching. I start with the kitchen looking for any hidden rooms or compartments. Then I move onto the bathroom, but there's still nothing. The only other room left is the bed room. I comb the floors for any hidden doors, but none appear.  The only place left is the closet. When I open it I expect to see what I been looking for, but I'm disappointed with what I find.  It's just an average closet. His clothes are folded, and organized neatly. boxes of shoes are stack in rows of three. I mean it's a little organized for a boy, but there's nothing out of the ordinary. I sigh as I stand up, and prepare to leave.

"Damn and I was sure she would be here somewhere." 

I turn to leave the room, but then I hear something weird. It's muffled, but it almost sounded like my name.

"ANGEL!!!"

I re open the closet doors, and put my ear to the wall. I can hear the sound coming from the other side. I pull my head back, and knock on the wall. A loud hollow thud comes from. I smirk to myself, this kid Dae-Jung is pretty smart.

"But he forgot to soundproof the room."

"I didn't forget I was just waiting for you to come back. So wae don't you turn around slowly, and show me your hands."

I lift my hands up in the air, and turn around. 

"Good now tell me how you knew it was me?"

"I guess you would like to know huh? Well I did a bit of research on you, and I know you were born here, and used to be neighbors with Eun Mi. I also know that you moved to the states due to your psychosis problems. Your and erotomanic, and overly jealous. You have meds for both, but by the look of the amount of dust on those bottles you haven't even taken it once since you moved back to Korea. After Ravi told me about your little incident at work, and your profile I put you as my number 1 suspect."

"Good very good miss detective, but I think I may have the upper hand right now seeing as I'm the one with a weapon."

I hiss in angry thinking of how stupid I was for forgetting my gun. 

"Now I gonna need you to go to sleep for a bit."

He edges towards me with a gun in one hand, and a needle in the other. 

"Now Dae-Jung do you know how long you'll get for killing an officer?"

"Oh I won't kill you no, but I can't have you running free either. So I let's make you disappear shall we?"

With his final step towards me he stabs the needle into my neck injecting me with the smoky colored  liquid.

"Have a nice nap Miss detective."

 

Hours Later.....

"Ugggh my head. If I get my hands on that brat..."

"Eonni?"

My eyes fly open, and I see I'm tied to a chair, and then I see Eun Mi. 

"Eun Mi!!! So I was right about that little er!!"

"Eonni you need to get out of here."

"What ani I'm not leaving you here."

"Just leave me...."

"No I may be an idol, but I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to leave people behind like everyone did to me. All the boys are worried sick about you, and I'm going to get you back to them no matter what. Now I'm gonna slide my chair over. There is a knife holster up my sleeve grab the knife for me."

When she hands it to me I quickly cut the ropes on my wrist, and ankle. Then I do the same for Eun Mi. I head towards the wall, and put my ear to it. I can't hear anything coming from the other side. I quickly kick the small door in. I usher Eun Mi out then follow behind her.

She freezes in front of me. look around her to see Dae-Jung standing in the doorway.

"It appears you much more crafty than I thought Miss. Detective."

"And your going to jail for a long time you brat."

"That's only if anybody can find you."

He says pointing my own gun at me, and Eun Mi. She gasp, but I remain calm. I slip my car keys out of my back pocket, and place them in her hand.

"On the count of three run take my car, and go to the police station. Don't wait up for me I'll get out of here myself."

"Ready one....two...THREE!!!"

 

Eun Mi

Angel tackles Dae-Jung, and they struggle for the gun I run past them, and out the door to the car. When I reve it up I hear gunshots. I want to go back, and make sure Angel's okay, but what she told me earlier resonates in my head. I pull off unsure of whether she really ment her last statement or not.

 

Angel

I roll off him grabbing my side. 

"Stupid !!!" he huffs as he gets up fixing himself in the mirror. 

I lay on the floor bleeding out, and wondering am I going to die. 

"Great now I have to hunt her down, and drag her back."

He looks down at me eyes burning with hate. Then he begins to smile wickly.

"Or maybe I'll use you to get her here. I'm sure Leo cares more about you then Eun Mi."

"Don't say his name with your mouth you little brat, and Leo would never do that no matter what you do to me."

"We'll see about that, but for now were leaving. I don't really like the police if you haven't noticed."

"Don't ing touch me!"

He kicks me in the side, a loud scream slips through my lips. He grinds his foot into the gunshot wound. Then I blackout.

 

Eun Mi

I burst through the stations doors, and over to the front desk.

"Please help I think my friend got hurt trying to protect me."