Encounter

The Only Words
This chapter will contain all the flashbacks before the first chapter happened. Hope you enjoy~
 
-
 
The golden bells chimed as the door opened, signalling someone entered. It was a cold and breezy night, people would love to spend their time on the bed sleeping, drinking some warm hot chocolate and coffee or maybe watching movies while eating popcorn with their loved ones. Luhan - who just entered the music store - was greeted by a familiar song that he couldn't remember the title but hummed along with it. He made his way towards the counter where an old woman around 50's, was busy organizing the new cds which was delivered this afternoon.
 
"Hey there, Mrs. Ahn." Luhan greeted politely.
 
The woman looked up and her face immediately lightened as her lips curled upwards. "Luhan-ah! What brought you here?"
 
Mrs.Ahn is a very kind and beautiful lady, as Luhan describes. He met her a year ago, when Luhan dropped by in the music store and asked where he could find his dorm since he just came from China. She is friendly and easy to talk to that's why Luhan seemed to be very comfortable around her.
 
"Ah, I just wanna borrow some classical music." Luhan smiled as he browsed on the piles of cds infront of him.
 
"Wait here, I will get some." Mrs.Ahn said, turning her heels and went to the shelves where ''Classical'' was written on a brown plaque.
 
Luhan was busy looking at the cds when he suddenly stopped, turning his gaze on the door at the back of the room where a beautiful yet sweet sound of the piano, flooded the room. He felt the sadness of the music and the way his heartbeats paced fastly.
 
Mrs.Ahn noticed the expression of the boy and patted his shoulder which made Luhan get out of his trance.
 
"I forgot to tell you, someone borrowed your piano there." Mrs.Ahn said as she placed the cd on his hands.
 
Usually, Luhan is the only one who's using the instruments on the back door since people doesn't seem to notice it. Since he doesn't have enough space in his apartment for the piano, he decided to place it on the music store and the old woman happily agreed. His dad taught him how to play the piano and guitar before he went to heaven.
 
"Really? That's... new." Luhan said, eyeing the cd on his hands. "Thanks, Mrs.Ahn."
 
"Yeah, you're the only one who's using it before." She laughed, "You should check him."
 
"Nah, I can feel the sadness of the song, and it seems that person is sad. I don't want to be a bother." He took the cd and put it in his bag.
 
"I don't think Sehun wouldn't mind someone watching him." Mrs.Ahn grinned and lightly push him towards the door.
 
"Sehun?
 
"Yes, he's the grandson of my bestfriend and just moved in a week ago. He is nice, and I know you badly want to have a music buddy."
 
Luhan mouthed an 'o' as he nod his head. He somehow find his-self at the front of the door, nervously holding the doorknob whether to open it or not. Seconds after, he twitched it open as the door slightly creaked with its hinges and peeked in, only to see the boy's back facing him. He don't know what to do but just entered quietly and watched him. The way he shifted his fingers with every key was just amazing, and he swear he never met someone's very good like Sehun, with the exception of his father of course. As the song reached its end, he heard the boy sighed and turned his head to his way, eyes locked into each other.
 
Luhan was awestruck. It feels like the time stopped and he couldn't think of anything but this boy infront of him. The enchanting eyes that was pouring into his soul, he felt something different... something strange... in his heart. He is not even aware if he's still breathing but he could only hear the loud beats of his heart against his ribcage. His mind was snapped back into the reality when the said boy's voice lingered in his ears.
 
"Who are you? What are you doing here?" Breaking the ice, Sehun uttered harshly - more like, annoyed.
 
Luhan stiffened at the tone of his voice, but let out a friendly smile. "I'm Luhan! I used to be the only one who's using the instruments so it was shocking that yo---"
 
"I should go. Sorry if I used it." Sehun said, not looking at him and grabbed his things.
 
"N-no! It's not a problem."
 
"I hate it when people watching me play. So yeah, bye."
 
And he promptly went out. Leaving the dumbfounded Luhan in the room. He doesn't know why he feel disappointed. He breathes heavily as he sat down on the chair of the piano, pressing some keys when he caught a sight of a keychain. It isn't just a keychain, it's a piano keychain where Sehun's name written on it. He immediately went out, hoping to catch on with the boy when he found out he's not longer here. His lips formed in a pout as he looked at the keychain on his palm. How am I supposed to give it to him? Seems to have a sentimental value. He was about to give it to Mrs.Ahn but abruptly stopped, thinking maybe he will see him again. And he really do hope to see him.. again.
 
-
 
"Kyungsoo, one vanilla frappuccino and a double chocolaty chip!" Luhan chirped as he ran in every tables, taking the orders of the customers.
 
"Coming right up!" Kyungsoo replied with a smile.
 
The cafe was very hectic since it's Friday. Lots of students can be spotted, enjoying the pungent aroma of the coffee. Luhan leaned his back on the counter -when he caught a break- as he wiped the sweats rolling down on his forehead.
 
"Tired, eh?" Kyungsoo chuckled as he placed the order on the counter.
 
"You'll never know." Luhan groaned, taking the orders and began working again.
 
Kyungsoo shook his head when he glanced at Baekhyun who's cleaning the tables. Well, Luhan hyung's work is really tiring. He thought.
 
"Good after---- CHANNIE!" Baekhyun squealed at the sight of his boyfriend, running towards his direction with a wide grin hunged on his face before throwing his arms on the giant boy. Most of the people turned their heads and gawked at the couple. Some of the students just ignored them, who's already used at the skinships of the two since they are quite popular on their school. Chanyeol being one of the greatest guitarist on their school band and Baekhyun, who's known for his astounding voice. Kyungsoo who have witnessed the whole scene simply rolled his eyes and went to his work while Luhan just laughed it off.
 
"Hyung, you're suffocating your boyfriend." Kai blurted out.
 
Baekhyun broke the hug and rolled his eyes at him. "I didn't noticed you two are here." His eyes darted on the guy beside him who's busy listening to his phone with his earphones plugged in.
 
"What are you guys doing here anyway?"
 
"Because Kai wanted to see-------"
 
"Hyung!" Kai interrupted, spanking the other. His cheeks turning into crimson.
 
Chanyeol winced and rubbed his arm, making Baekhyun looked at them, befuddled.
 
"Kidding. These kiddos wanted to give a try one of your drinks here, so yeah."
 
"That would be nice! You guys will like the frappes and teas here, Kyungsoo's really good at making that." Baekhyun assured with a smile.
 
Upon mentioning of Kyungsoo's name, Baekhyun noticed the look on Kai's face which gave him a hint. Oh, that's why. 
 
"Just choose for a while, then I'll be back." Baekhyun added then shifted his gaze on the other boy, yanking the earphones on his ears, "Leave your own world for a while and pay attention." With a huff, he walked away.
 
Sehun scowled at Chanyeol, "Your boyfriend is really annoying."
 
Kai hummed in response - more like agreeing- as his eyes still glued on the menu. Chanyeol chuckled, "He's cute."
 
Sehun shook his head and plugged the earphones again, unawared that someone's been watching him.
 
-
 
Luhan couldn't believe what he was seeing, more likely, who he was seeing. 
 
Padum padum
 
He could already feel the unusual pace of his heartbeats. Once again, he was awestruck.
 
This time, it isn't because of the enchanting sound of the piano but the guy who made it more perfect in his ears.
 
The guy who he hope to see again.
 
And that guy is now few inches away from him, calmly leaning his head at the stained glass window while he listen to the music, eyes closed.
 
Why am I feeling this way?
 
It had been 2 weeks since he last saw the boy and he is beyond happy to meet him again. But, what is this strange feeling his heart feels? Sure, he just met him once. And that's not even a good introduction, but there's this indescribable feeling that's completely bothering him.
 
Maybe, I'm just tired. He told his mind. But he's certain that did not satisfied his ego.
 
Kyungsoo's face grimmed when he noticed the pale expression of his friend. "Lu, are you okay?" He asked the boy infront of him who's mind was in a deep thinking but he only get silence as a reply. Kyungsoo's eyes followed where the boy's attention diverted to, he looked at the table where Baekhyun was talking with Chanyeol and there's other two new guys. The one with a tanned skin who keeps looking on his way as he noticed a while ago but completely ignores it, and the other one with a fair skin who looks like doesn't care about the world. Kyungsoo, as a confused one, tapped Luhan's shoulder, making him get out of his trance. "Hey, are you okay?" He once again asked, in a softer tone.
 
Luhan turned around and bit his lip, "No. I feel strange."
 
Kyungsoo grabbed a glass of water and handed it to Luhan which the boy thanked him. 
 
"Strange? Why's that?"
 
"Do you remember the guy I met in the music store?"
 
"Of course! Like duh, you're always thinking of him almost everyday. Sehun is the name, right?"
 
Luhan sighed and nods.
 
"What's with the face?"
 
"He's outside." Luhan mumbles.
 
Oh. "The one with Chanyeol right? Which of the two?"
 
"The one with the earphones." Luhan said, "Ugh Kyungsoo, what should I do?!"
 
Kyungsoo somehow felt relieved. "What's the problem?"
 
"Honestly, I don't even know what's happening to me. Since the day I saw him, I couldn't get him out of my head! I can't even get a proper sleep and sometimes, I'm finding myself at the bookstore... hoping to see him again. And when I saw him again, I don't know but my heart is limping of happiness, I feel like, my soul reunited with my body again. It's just so strange and my stomach is doing somersaults and I don't know why! This is so frustrating." Luhan grumbled as he leaned his forehead on the counter.
 
Kyungsoo blinked at him, realizing what's the reason behind Luhan's statements more like, a confession.
 
"Lu." He called out, making the boy looked up at him. "I think I know why you're feeling like that."
 
Luhan straightly got up, "What is it? Do you think I'm sick?"
 
Kyungsoo laughed at how dumb his friend can be, "Silly. Do you want to know?"
 
Luhan desperately nodded his head. 
 
"You're inlove with him."
 
Luhan stared at him like he was the craziest creature that he have ever seen in his entire life. 
 
Inlove?
 
With him?
 
That's totally not possible.
 
"Are you nuts?"
 
"I know it more than you. You have feelings for that guy. The way you tell me those words, it's clearly obvious. You're just clueless, very clueless."
 
"That's not possible! Hello, I just met him!" Luhan said, doesn't want to believe any of the boy's words.
 
"Oh dear Lulu. In love, anything is possible. You just need to know it, to feel it." Kyungsoo said, staring at him. "I think we need some love expert here. We're going to talk to Baekhyun later, and that's final. You look so miserable because of a one sided love."
 
"I told you, I'm not in love! What the hell, Kyungsoo."
 
"We'll see later, hyung. Rest for a while and calm yourself. Okay?" Kyungsoo patted his head before going back to his work.
 
Luhan went to the staff room and sat down. 
 
This can't be happening.
 
This is driving him insane.
 
Sehun. That Sehun guy.
 
He grabbed his bag where a keychain was hunged on the zipper. He held it on his palm and sighed.
 
I guess.... Kyungsoo's right.
 
It's possible.
 
-
 
Happy new year, everybody! I hope you like this chapter and I just rushed it. :( Still, enjoy! Comments are love! ❤️