The Story of How Chen Got Icing All Over His Clothes (A.K.A. Before the Madness) (This is a bonus chapter for all of you cupcakes)

Mischief Managed (Or, sorta...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen stands in front of the tall, stone wall that towers above him. 

"I. Look. Like. An. Idiot.," he whispers with his forehead pressed against the stone, eyes bearing into it as if he can force it to open. 

Chen glances down both sides of the corridor, casually flopping leaning against the wall in front of him as someone passes by. 

“Yeah, Soo, great idea,” Chen mutters vehemently in his mind, glaring at the stone in front of him. 

Chen had been heading to the party with Xiumin and Luhan when the form of a glimmering owl had appeared in front of the trio.

“What is that?” Luhan had asked in awe, staring at the creature.

“D.O.’s Patronus,” Chen had supplied, although he wasn’t sure why it was here and Xiumin’s eyebrows had risen.

“He knows how to do that?” Xiumin had asked, and Chen had nodded. He had seen his friend do it once or twice before.

But the three are interrupted by the words suddenly coming from the Patronus.

“Chen, I need you to come back to help me,” D.O.’s voice had echoed around them. “I dropped a whole batch of cupcakes on the floor…” Here the voice had paused, as if holding back tears, before a huge sniff could be heard and the voice continued. “…, and I need you to help me make more.”

Chen had groaned, but the voice had suddenly turned stern.

“You better get your here Chen,” D.O. had said, the owl blinking at him in annoyance. “Or I’ll tell Professor McGonagall that you were the one that was behind the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder incident.”

“But I didn-,” Chen had begun to protest, but the Patronus had disappeared.

 

 

So now Chen is here again, back at their new kitchen, and he can’t get in.

They'd had to move. 

Yup.

All because Kai recently turned into a Cupcake stalker and kept coming dangerously close to finding them in the kitchens at night. 

Even Chen was starting to worry for the boy.

Well, anyone would probably feel a little worried if they'd seen the usually peppy Slytherin slinking through the corridors, shoulders hunched (rather creepily), looking quite disheveled from lack of sleep, and muttering the ingredients for (we're assuming) cupcakes under his breath like a mantra that had failed to save his sanity.

Which brings us back to their recent move.

Xiumin and him had been able to enter the Room of Requirement earlier, but that had all been thanks to Xiumin (despite whatever Chen claims) and now, well, Chen doesn't have Xiumin.

Chen makes a strangled noise in the back of his throat and kicks the wall in front of him, hopping around and hissing curse words loudly under his breath when he’s reminded that the wall is, in fact, stone. 

Just as a lone student walks past his hallway.

On instinct, Chen scrabbles to lean casually against the wall like his previous times. Unfortunately, due to his currently injured foot, Chen ends up face planting against said wall, releasing a pitiful wail as he slides to the ground. 

The lone student takes a double take at the weird, hobbled form down the hallway and simply continues past, books clutched tight.

Chen whines on the ground, hitting his fists lightly against the floor in frustration. 

"What did he say?" Chen mutters suddenly, eyes narrowed as he remembers D.O telling him something about their new spot. 

"Something about what I want," Chen continues slowly, still slumped against the wall. 

Chen blushes furiously as a certain thought crosses his mind. But it's all he's got, so Chen squeezes his eyes shut and opens his mouth.

"Umm, I want...Xiumin." 

It's almost inaudible, and a horrific idea of opening his eyes to see Xiumin standing over him has Chen's eyes flying open, his heart stuttering in his chest. 

"Ugh," Chen sighs in defeat, cheeks still slightly pink. Clearing his throat, he tries again.

"I want...D.O.?" Chen says reluctantly, eyes suddenly widening.

"To find D.O.-I just want to find him-I don't want him!" he sputters as if explaining to someone, hands fluttering around in front of him. Letting out another sigh,

Chen tries to quell the guilt, embarrassment, and heat in his cheeks that are not helping the situation.

"Why is this so hard?" he mutters.
 

“That's what he sa-,”' a small voice starts smugly in his mind, before Chen quickly shushes it.

Leaning his head back again, Chen winces as he hits something cold.

Wait. 

Scrambling to his feet, Chen stares in astonishment at what was the wall.

Now it's a door, covered in black spiraling metal that slopes into an elegant archway near the ceiling.

Chen smirks, completely at odds from his previous self, and puffs out his chest proudly. Pushing the door open, Chen is met with a whiff of batter interlaced with cinnamon and chocolate. His stomach growls in appreciation. 

"Found you, D.O.," he mutters with an accomplished grin before heading into the dimly lit room.

As he makes his way further into the magical room, Chen pieces enough together to know that it's a new, different kitchen from what he'd seen earlier before Xiumin and him had left. D.O. must have made some adjustments.

Because now it’s a big you-know-what kitchen.

"Daaaaaang, D.O.," Chen murmurs in awe as he stares up into the vaulted ceiling interspersed with various sparkling lights before bringing his gaze back down to look around himself. 

Let's just say, it's quite large.

And quite fancy. 

But then Chen is distracted as movement catches his eye. 

Glancing over at the large table sitting in the middle of the room, bright lights shining overhead, Chen is met with the sight of someone's back.

Clad in an extremely long, white, lab coat.

"What the-," Chen mutters quietly as he spots disheveled black hair sticking out from the top of the lab coat.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter