Midnight Kisses, Pumpkin Juice, and Candy Pecans

Mischief Managed (Or, sorta...)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol wants to drink Butterbeer.

 

 

Chanyeol wants to drink Butterbeer with Baekhyun.

 

But Baekhyun is currently being a meanie because apparently Chanyeol used too much of the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder.

 

“Well excuse me, Mr. Byun,” Chanyeol thinks, irritated, “If you’re the expert on Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder, maybe you should have done it.”

 

Except Chanyeol says that last part out loud.

 

“Excuse me?” Baekhyun says, peering at him from over the top of his book. 

 

Everyone had finally been cleared from the Great Hall, and the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder had been removed by some very angry teachers, but no one had dared step up and take the blame.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had suddenly developed an interest with the floor when Professor McGonagall had said, “I have a feeling I know who was behind this,” and had looked directly at the pair. But there had been no proof that it had been the two Gryffindors, so the punishment was assigned to everyone present for that night’s dance lesson.

 

Extra dance lessons.

 

With assigned partners.

 

And a solo performance the night of the Winter Formal for twelve lucky students who will be hand-chosen by Professor McGonagall.

 

So now Baekhyun and Chanyeol were back in their room, Baekhyun studiously ignoring Chanyeol and pretending to “study”.

 

“Pfft, yeah right,” Chanyeol thinks.

 

Baekhyun is still looking at Chanyeol from where he’s sprawled out on his bed.

 

“Did you just try and sass me Park Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asks when Chanyeol doesn’t respond.

 

“Ummm,” Chanyeol says, his automatic response to everything rising in his throat. “No.”

 

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow.

 

“You’re lying,” he says.

 

“Am not.”

 

“Are too.”

 

“Am not.”

 

“Are too.”

 

“AM NOT!” Chanyeol shouts, standing up suddenly. He’s angry now. Just because he used too much of the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder doesn’t mean Baekhyun has to ignore him.

 

Baekhyun looks surprised, but Chanyeol doesn’t give him any time to say anything before he’s out of the door.

 

 

 

“Do you feel okay?” Tao asks worriedly, sitting beside Kris’s bed.

 

 

 

The attack from Kai followed by the rescue from Sehun had caused Kris to return to his room after they had been released from the Great Hall and crawl into bed, exhausted.

 

Tao had come in the room to hear Kris’s snores, and Tao had settled down on his own bed to finish studying for an Ancient Runes exam he had tomorrow.

 

But now Kris is waking up, and Tao abandons his Ancient Runes textbook to sit on the edge of Kris’s bed.

 

“I’m going to kill Kai,” Kris groans, sitting up, his hair sticking up at crazy angles. “And Sehun.”

 

Tao grimaces, reaching out to pat down Kris’s hair without thinking, knowing that no one but himself and Kai and Sehun have seen Kris with messed up hair.

 

Kris tenses suddenly, Tao’s fingers still in his hair.

 

Both of them stare at each other.

 

“Ummm,” Tao says, his voice sounding squeaky to his own ears. He can hear his own voice in his head right now, confessing to Kris, saying,

“I mean I like you Kris!”

 

Tao chuckles nervously, withdrawing his hand and standing up. 

 

“I’m going to go...,” Tao begins, frantically trying to think of something he has to do, “finish my Ancient Runes homework.”

 

This, unfortunately, only reminds both of them of the night of Tao’s confession.

 

“I mean, I, uh,” Tao stutters, “I’m going to go...yeah.”

 

And then he’s running out of the room before Kris can tell him that his Ancient Runes homework is still on his bed.

 

 

 

Chanyeol rests his head against the countertop in the kitchen. 

 

He’s still mad at Baekhyun, but there’s also something heavy in his stomach.

 

He hates fighting with Baekhyun.

 

So now he’s here, in the kitchens, late at night, letting the warmth from the fireplace wash over his limbs.

 

He can’t find any Butterbeer either, so instead, a glass of Pumpkin Juice sits in front of him.

 

It’s still delicious though.

 

Chanyeol sighs, debating whether or not he should head back to his room.

 

But then the door to the kitchens is opening, and a familiar figure is padding over to where Chanyeol is.

 

“Chanyeollie?” Baekhyun says, poking Chanyeol’s arm. “Are you okay? Do you still want to drink Butterbeer?”

 

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun in surprise, both of them in their pajamas.

 

And then Chanyeol hugs him.

 

Baekhyun lets out a small, “Oof,” in surprise, before Chanyeol lifts him into his lap.

 

“I’m sorry Baek,” Chanyeol says, his voice muffled against Baekhyun’s neck. “I didn’t mean to yell at you earlier.”

 

“No, I’m sorry,” Baekhyun replies, fitting his arms around Chanyeol’s waist. “I shouldn’t have been so mean about the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder.”

 

“Mmm,” Chanyeol agrees, burying his face in Baekhyun’s hair.

 

Baekhyun feels his heart rate begin to increase, and he hopes Chanyeol can’t hear it.

 

Because Chanyeol still doesn’t know that Baekhyun likes him.

 

Like, likes likes Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun has liked liked Chanyeol since last year. But he’s always been too afraid to tell him.

 

And now he’s sitting in Chanyeol’s lap, and he’s feeling super warm because Chanyeol keeps nuzzling against his neck and saying things like, “I’ll never get mad at you again” (Which is a lie), and “I love you Baek.” (Which he’s said a million times before in the most non-romantic way possible.)

 

Without thinking, Baekhyun responds. “I love you too Chanyeollie.”

 

Chanyeol pulls away to look at him, and Baekhyun flushes. 

 

He’s never said it back before, Baekhyun suddenly realizes, and Chanyeol is looking at him strangely now.

 

“What?” Baekhyun asks, feeling his face get hotter by the second. “What are you doing Chanyeol?” he squeaks when Chanyeol leans closer.

 

“Trying something,” Chanyeol murmurs, and Baekhyun doesn’t even have time to respond because Chanyeol’s mouth is suddenly pressed against his. 

 

Chanyeol is kissing him.

 

Baekhyun squeaks again in surprise, almost falling off of Chanyeol’s lap, but Chanyeol has slid a hand around his neck and his other arm around Baekhyun’s waist, pulling the smaller boy flush against him.

 

For a few seconds, Baekhyun is stiff, both hands pressed against Chanyeol’s chest to push him away.

 

And then Baekhyun closes his eyes and stops trying to pull away.

 

Because he’s been waiting for this since he realized he liked Chanyeol as more than a friend.

 

He shifts closer on Chanyeol’s lap, hands moving to tangle in Chanyeol’s hair, and the taller boy makes a small sound that leaves Baekhyun’s head reeling.

 

Chanyeol tastes like pumpkin juice, all cinnamon and sweet and warm, and Baekhyun doesn’t protest when he’s lifted up to sit on the countertop, Chanyeol standing in between his legs.

 

Everything seems like it’s spinning in Baekhyun’s mind, everything dwindling down to just the feel of Chanyeol’s hand tracing the line of Baekhyun’s collarbone, his mouth sliding against Baekhyun’s with the sharp nip of teeth on Baekhyun’s lower lip that makes him mewl like a cat.

 

After what feels like seconds, even though it’s been much longer, Chanyeol pulls away, staring at Baekhyun with wide eyes.

 

“I’m sorry,” he gasps out. “I didn’t mean to just kiss you like that.”

 

Baekhyun watches, slightly dazed, as Chanyeol continues to stutter out apologies.

 

The taller boy’s hair is mussed from Baekhyun’s hands, and his face is flushed, but Baekhyun thinks he looks perfect.

 

So he grabs the collar of Chanyeol’s shirt.

 

“Would you shut u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter