Four

Every 12th
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All lights are on, the laughter from the television echoes through the hallway, where different footsteps are heard. It is two in the morning, and the boys are lingering around the house, looking for something to distract themselves. Kyungsoo and Yixing busied themselves in cooking, while Chanyeol and Jongin found time in playing with the raw ingredients, and suggesting insane recipes.

"Can you please stop playing with food? Get lost." Kyungsoo says, his eyes as big as an owl's.

Before an argument starts, the phone rings loud and clear for everyone to hear. K's manager jumped from the couch to get the phone. Like magnets, the members gathered around the phone, hoping for some good news.

"I'll be on my way." He says.

"Who was that?"

"Where are you going?"

The questions are never-ending, so he decided to explain.

"The police found a body near the river, and it matched Minseok's. Harry Lee is on his way to confirm." He said and went to his room to get his keys.

A series of "Not possible" and "No way"  came out of their mouths before they rushed to their own rooms to get something to wear.

"This is not true. This is not true." Baekhyun repeated, waiting for the other members to wear their jackets and shoes.

Like before, K and M are split into two cars. While K's car is packed, M's car still has space for atleast two more people. But the number of people didn't affect the atmosphere a bit, it is still quiet and heavy. Although they haven't seen the body, everyone's eyes are filled with sadness.

When they arrived, about five police cars with their red lights on were there, there were lots of officers around, and Harry Lee was there too, checking papers with another cop.

While getting off, the thing that caught the boys' attention the most is the yellow tape saying 'crime scene'. None of them ever thought of seeing a scene like this right before their own eyes.

All of them walked hand in hand to see the body, it was slow and no doubt, everyone is nervous.

Kris, being the strong leader that he is, bravely took big steps forward, leaving the other nine behind him. His hands balled into a fist as he took more quick steps towards the covered body. He wants to see it quickly to confirm it is not Minseok.

But even Superman has his weakness. Kris' feet starts to move slowly, as if something sticky is stopping him from walking. But it is all in his mind. He just doesn't want to see Minseok under the cover.

"Kris." Joonmyun says as Kris lifts the cover little by little,

His heart is pounding, like everyone else.

Kris stares at the boy infront of him, even with the bloated face, he can clearly recognize it isn't Minseok. He's been with him for more than five years, he knows Minseok too well.

"It's not him." Joonmyun says as he sees the boy, too.

"It's not him?" Baekhyun asks far from the body, his eyes can't take what's under the cover, so he waited for the leaders.

"Yes." Chanyeol tells him with a sigh of relief.

Knowing it wasn't Minseok, their hopes automatically came back.

"They are still alive, both of them." Kris chants, leading his brothers back to their car.

∞∞

Over the past two years, none of them received anything from whoever took Minseok. He left not a bit of trace, making him ridiculously hard to find. But this time, the abductor probably decided to play with them.

Later that morning, when everyone is trying to eat breakfast, Jongdae stood up from the table to get the morning newspaper.

As soon as he sees the headline, he sighs walking back to the kitchen.

“Why do you even bother reading the newspaper, Jongdae hyung?” Sehun asks, tired of the fact that it is ‘EXO’S MISSING MEMBERS’ as the headline again. 

Jongdae sits down his chair,throwing the newspaper on the floor, and continues eating Kyungsoo’s delicious pancakes.

Seeing that Tao had emptied the carton of milk on the table, Chanyeol stood up to get another one from the fridge, the empty carton still in his hands.

“The carton’s always empty when it comes to me.” Chanyeol complains.

“Find a better seat then. ” Jongin says.

“Right. As if you will let me.” Chanyeol retorts, making a face to his dongsaeng. “Oh?” He sees a piece of paper

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter