Transfer Student (Part 1)

My Mind Can Forget, but My Heart Can't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Continuing from the last chapter's conversation..)

"A-Aniyo! Yuri-ah, what are you talking about? That girl is so rude compared to her. Don't worry, Yuri-ah.. I-It isn't her.." Taeyeon faked a smile.

Yuri smiled and sighed, "That's good.. If it was the girl you loved.. I'd have to get over her because you and her are destined to be together."

"But you know Yuri-ah.. I don't think we are. I think I have to get over her too.." Taeyeon sighed dejectedly.

"Unnie! Don't say that! I want my unnie to be happy with the person she loves, so don't say that! Arasso?" Yuri scolded like her mother. Taeyeon chuckled and nodded, "Yes, mom!" She joked, causing Yuri to chuckle.

*****

It was the day. The day that could change Jessica's entire future. The mentioned girl blankly stared at the long envelope on her desk. She sighed and continued to stare at it, anxious to open it now. She read the words on the back, over and over again.

From: Hanjung University

Seoul, South Korea

To: Ms. Jung Sooyeon

Jessica let out a long frustrated sigh, "Aigoo! What to do.. Did I get accepted?"

"Of course you pabo!" Sooyoung came in, eating a bag of chips early in the morning. Jessica stared at her strangely, "That's your breakfast?"

"Yeah.. Why?" Sooyoung raised an eyebrow, and then she drifted her attention back again at the letter, "Why don't you open it to find out?"

Jessica sighed as she stared at the letter again. She couldn't take it in anymore. Right.. Let's just open it, Sica. Be positive. 

"Fine." Jessica mumbled tiredly and opened the letter slowly. She made sure not to rip the envelope clumsily incase she might want to save it as a souvenir for getting accepted to college.

Her fingers trembled in anticipation as she pulled the folded letter out. It was folded horizontally. Jessica inhaled and exhaled, while Sooyoung was mentally rolling her eyes at her best friend's reaction, "Just open it!" She said impatiently. Jessica sighed, and quickly opened it to get it over with.

"Dear Ms. Jung,

Congratulations! On behalf of all the staff and teachers of Hwang University, I hereby would like to congratulate you for getting accepted, and having the honor to recieve a full scholarship personally from the founder of Hwang University, Mr. Hwang. We are honored to accept yet another exceptional student with high intelligence and a great character. Again, thank you for choosing Hwang University! You may start coming to school tomorrow, which is Monday, November 4.

We look forward to having you join our community!

Sincerely,

Mrs. Lee, Dean of Admissions 

Jessica's eyes were filled with tears by the time she reached the end of the letter. Sooyoung grinned from ear to ear and hugged Jessica tightly, "Ya! I knew you could do it! Finally! I finally get to say that we'll be in the same school together!" Sooyoung smiled joyfully.

Jessica hugged her back, and smiled tearfully, "Thanks, Sooyoung.." 

*****

The next day, Jessica especially woke up early at 4 AM. School normally starts at 7:45 AM, but she was really excited that she couldn't sleep for another hour.

"La la la la la~" Jessica sang happily as she got her luggages ready on the front door.

"Aigoo.. I was wondering who was singing early in the morning.." Sooyoung mumbled, half asleep. She came out of the bathroom and saw Jessica already dressed in her new uniform.

"Hey! Hurry up! We're gonna be late!"

Sooyoung scoffed, "It's only 4:30 AM you pabo! I can still see the moon clearly!" She closed her eyes tiredly, and slumped down on the couch.

"Ya! We still need to move into the dorm and put our stuff there!" Jessica whined, holding the handle of her luggage. 

"We can do that after class! If you keep bothering me, I might fall asleep during class which will be very embarrasing! Don't you think?"

Jessica thought about it for a moment and sighed, "Arasso.. That will be embarrassing. Especially since all of them will know that you're my friend." Jessica made a disgusted face and walked away.

"Ya!" Sooyoung yelled tiredly, but then she fell back asleep on the couch.

Suddenly Jessica's phone started to ring, "Hello?" Jessica answered.

"Hey Jess! You're already awake?" Tiffany said at the other line. Jessica could already see Tiffany's bright smile even though she couldn't really see her.

"Of course! I can't wait till we all move in together in our own dorm!" Jessica smiled.

"Ah... Well you see, Jessie.. I actually c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter