The Result

My Mind Can Forget, but My Heart Can't
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Narrator's POV:

Taeyeon's breath quickened as she walked towards the emergency room. Her legs became wobbly and her mind wasn't cooperating with her. Yuri ran next to her with tears in her eyes, "Taeyeon-ah.. Stay strong.. She'll wake up.. I know she will." Yuri cried, and tried to stop Taeyeon. The girl absentmindedly ignored Yuri's presence and pushed the door open. Jessica's eyes were closed. The doctor shook his head which caused Taeyeon's eyes to widen in horror.

"Sooyeon.." Taeyeon bit her lip and tried taking a step further but her feet collapsed below her. Yuri cried even more and tried to help Taeyeon up but she wouldn't move.

The doctor turned around and slightly rounded his eyes in shock as he saw Taeyeon's broken figure.

"Miss, she's not dead.."

Taeyeon's eyes looked up with hope as the tears finally ran down her cheeks, "W-What?"

Yuri looked up at the doctor in happiness, "Really?! Oh my gosh she's alive!"

The doctor nodded and helped Taeyeon up on her feet, "She's currently in a coma, but she's alive. The tumor was successfully taken out of her head, but we're still not sure if she recovered or lost her memories."

The corner of Taeyeon's lips went upwards for the first time in days as she hugged Yuri tightly, "She's alive.."

Yuri pouted, "Yes, but Taeyeon-ah, what if she... forgets you again?" Taeyeon smiled with tears as she shook her head, "That doesn't matter to me. What matters is that she's alive. No matter how many times she forgets me, I'll always be here to make her remember over and over again."

Yuri chuckled, "That's my unnie." She smiled. Taeyeon and Yuri walked over to Jessica's sleeping figure.

"I'll leave you two love birds for awhile." Yuri teased after getting a good look at Jessica. Taeyeon nodded with a smile. Her eyes were red and puffy but she wasn't crying anymore. She was more than happy that Jessica was alive.

"I'll be waiting, Jessica until you wake up. I won't leave you. I'll stay here by your side forever." Taeyeon held the older girl's hand and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

One month later:

Taeyeon was yet again at Jessica's side. It was only 5 AM in the morning and the sun was just rising. Taeyeon smiled and peeked through the door. People should probably be wondering why Taeyeon was happy.

It is because this day was the second most important day of Taeyeon's life. Her first being her own birthday and her second was...

Jessica's birthday. 

"Happy birthday, princess!" Taeyeon smiled and skipped over to Jessica with her present. No matter how long it was, Taeyeon remained the bubbly person she was. She knew Jessica's soul was around here wandering, so she knew she had to be happy for her.

"Wow.. you seem to never age." Taeyeon softly spoke as she admired Jessica's face upclose. She sighed and her eyes started to water, "When will you wake up? I know you love sleeping but.. you can't sleep forever. There's still people waiting for you.."

Taeyeon paused as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

"I'm still waiting for you.."

Jessica remained sleeping but Taeyeon seemed to notice her finger move up. 

"Jessica? Can you hear me?" Taeyeon hopefully stared at Jessica. Jessica's eyes slowly opened and her eyes drifted towards Taeyeon.

"I won't leave you, Taeyeon-ah.." Jessica whispered with difficulty. Taeyeon's smile got wider as she finally realized that Jessica was awake. "You're awake.." Taeyeon cried and hugged Jessica tightly.

"T-Taeyeon.. I c-can't breathe.." Jessica coughed. Taeyeon immediately apologized and let go of her. Jessica smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter