Chapter 2

That Hacker! (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          A loud yell echoed through the house followed by a loud slam of the door. The maids jumped in shock and quickly ran to the living room.

          "Ms. Yujin, is there something wrong?" one of the maids warily asked. Yujin just glared at the floor, not moving an inch, making the maids nervous. "Was there something wrong with the lunch we made?" they asked.  The maids kept  on asking and asking questions to Yujin, which Yujin all ignored. Yujn kept her eyes to the floor and her mind elsewhere.

          "Did something happen at school?" Yujin quickly looked up, hearing the familiar voice. Hyungshik was walking down the stairs, looking at her with a curious expression. "Why is my little sister suddenly screaming at the top of her lungs just as she steps in the house? Something must have happened at school." he teased.

          "You're home early" Yujin said, forgetting about what happened at school for a moment. "That's really strange." she pointed out which made Hyungshik chuckle. Business school was no joke. Most of the time, Hyungshik would go to school at 7am and come home late at night. She rarely even saw him on a school day.

         “That isn’t the only thing strange though.” Hyungshik said as he completely went down the stairs. “I may not be here always when you arrive, but I’m pretty sure it’s the first time you came in the house and scream at the top of your lungs. Aaaaah” He said and copied Yujin’s scream before chuckling. Yujin rolled her eyes at her childish brother. She picked up her backpack from the floor and walked up the stairs to her room, and ignored her brother’s teasing as well as  the maid’s worried call.

         As soon as she was inside her room, she dropped her bag on the floor and sat in front of her computer. She started up her computer and quickly opened her e-mail.

         'Hayoung I'm so sorry about earlier this morning. My e-mail was hacked. I wan't the one sending you those messages. I'm really sorry.' She quickly typed before sending it to her best friend. Yujin impatiently waited for Hayoung’s reply, refreshing her e-mail every second. She tapped her fingers on her desk as she waited for her friend’s reply. A knock was suddenly heard at the door and her brother came in.

         “Yes?” Yujin said to him, asking him why he came to her room.

         “So what happened?” he asked as he sat down on Yujin’s bed, “What happened at school?”. Yujin sighed and glared at her brother.

         “And why do you care?” she asked, not really sure why her brother suddenly bugged her. “Don’t you have to do something like business stuff or homework?” she asked. Ever since Hyungshik entered business school, he became busy, too busy to spend some sibling time with her. She tried to understand her brother’s position, since he really had no choice since he was the heir to their company, but she couldn’t help but feel sulky at times.

         “Come on! Tell me! I’m trying to be a good oppa here!” he whined, “I rarely come home from school this early. Tell me now while I still have time.” He pleaded. Yujin sighed and thought for a while. She was glad that, somehow, her brother wanted to be a good brother to her and that business school didn’t change him. But she was unsure if she supposed to tell him since it didn’t really have to do anything with him. In the end, she decided to tell him.

         “My e-mail got hacked while I was talking to Hayoung.” She said, simply.

         “What?!” Hyungshik jumped on his seat, “How is that possible?  Haneul University has the best securities. How would that happen?” he asked, as if Yujin would know the answer. Yujin sighed and shrugged, not knowing how to respond.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter