003. Ends.

You/Junhoe drabbles

You stared up at the YG training building. You’ve taken to always passing by during your late night walks that have become routine. A quiet time for you to just wander aimlessly, taking in the sights, sounds and smell, as you gather your thoughts and try to make sense of your life.

It’s been five months since you left YG. It strikes a bittersweet feeling every time you think about it. To know that you weren’t good enough to continue on. After all the hard work you’ve put in, only to be told it just wasn’t enough.

You didn’t know whether to just go back home or to stay and try to find other opportunities to prove yourself. You were in a foreign territory, even though you’ve come to love the place long before you’ve ever set foot in it.

In the end, you didn’t leave. But you weren’t moving anywhere either. Odd jobs here and there, just to be able to afford to continue living here. Your mom always worrying and sending you money.

You’ve seen the WIN program, watched it every week almost religiously. Seeing Junhoe on there pulled at your heartstrings. It was the most you’ve seen of him compared to when you were still training at YG. You’ve known about him during your time there but there weren’t enough opportunities to get to know him. Although the little moments that you did have with him were always memorable.

His intense gazes and the cheeky smiles you will never forget, but you loved hearing his soothing voice during WIN and the gentleness that comes out of it despite his strong exterior.

image

You cheered with him in the moments that he was praised, laughed with him in every happy moment with his fellow members, and especially cried in that last moment as you saw him still try to put on a tough image and showed his support for his hyungs.

It’s been five months since you’ve stepped foot in YG, but now you find yourself not only missing the place but also that one person who managed to make your heart beat in that world of uncertainties.

You were about to turn away when you heard the excited chatter of girls. Tall figures were coming out from the building, an air of confidence about them. It was them, Team B.

You noticed Bobby first and you scanned through their faces looking for a particular one. Finally you caught a glimpse of his eyes, seeming to pierce through you, just lagging a little behind his hyungs with Hanbin beside him. The eye contact was brief as you were the first one to break it, sending shivers down your spine in that cold December night.

You watch them pass by, surrounded by girls, keeping your eyes down. You wonder if they recognized you with your beanie on, wearing a long dark coat and a scarf wrapped around your neck, covering your mouth. Other girls also contented themselves by standing around you and you just tried to blend in them, as they too must have been too awestruck to move. It’s finally come to this moment as you realize you’ve finally fallen head over heels in love and it seemed like a sad, sad thing. 

You take one last glance at their retreating backs and you wonder if ever fate would let you cross paths again.