Chapter 38 - Only Love (Part 12)

The Pre-existence Seekers

Before my supposed marriage date, I was at the Royal Shrine all the while. The Priests, the officials and their assistants were busy recording the details of Kadesh battle in the stone slabs. Though the later Historian academic viewed it as a lost battle but King Minu ordered this to be carved on the stone slabs, which to be placed in the Royal Shrine for all to look upon.

Andi's side was still peaceful and I was getting anxious. I could not wait further anymore because I would have to marry King Minu. Another reason was that I was scared of myself if I was to wait further, especially when I had to face King Minu.

I decided to initiate my action first. I tried to bring up Queen Nafada in the conversation that I had with Andi. There was nothing suspicious in his expression or demeanour. I was wondering if Hyesung was on the wrong track about Andi? He was such a gentleman and an idea striked me: what if, it was Queen Nafada who seek out Andi. (o.O) In order to be on the safe side, I also planted my spy sparrow by Queen Nafada's side.

Soon, it was Goddess Bastet's day and it was a joyous occasion here. Whether it was in the Palace or outside, everyone was celebrating it all through the day till the night. According to Jin, the amount of wine that they people consumed could easily equal to months of consumption.

King Minu also held a grand banquet in the Palace for his officials and the Noble classes. While everyone was in high spirits and slightly tipsy, the thing that I dreaded most happened.

"10 days later, I will marry the Messenger if Bastet. Andi, I am putting you in charge of the preparation of the Royal wedding." Once King Minu spoke, the ambience was slightly tense and I saw that Queen Nafada's face was horrible. Queen Torya was on the other hand delighted about it and she was smiling.

"Yes,your Highness." Andi bowed and his gaze passed by Queen Nafada. I saw pity in his expression and a strange look which I could not comprehend.

I could not agree to this. I stood up and wanted to speak but King Minu held onto my shoulders and pressed me down to my seat. "I do not..." I was silenced by King Minu's sudden kiss. At the same time, cold liquid flowed to my mouth, it was the wine. This jerk forced me to take a big sip of the strong wine.

I coughed because the taste of the wine was too strong for me. I was unable to do anything but to cough silently.

"I told you before, I will not give you the opportunity to reject me." King Minu whispered to my ear and he puffed at me too. When King Minu lifted his face away, I saw the evil smirk on him.

"I will not agree." I glared at him. However, shouts of congrats emitted from the banquet hall and cheers and claps were heard too. I decided to leave the place to prevent more nonsense from King Minu. Once, I stood up, I felt very giddy and my gait was unsteady. Next, I felt arms around my waist and I was lifted up.

"My soon to be concubine could not hold his liquor well. I will be sending him back to his chambers."

"No need. Let the guard help me to my chamber." I pushed King Minu's chest. He just smiled and ignored me, walking off with me on his arms.

Once inside my chamber, King Minu placed me gently on my bed and he looked at me.

"Please go off." I gave him the eviction order. My head felt very heavy. I knew I am of low tolerance to liquor and I felt like sleeping.

"Tell you! What are you unhappy about?"

"No. I just did not want to marry you."

"You do not like me?"

"I...... Yes. I need to go back home."

Suddendly, I felt pressure on my body and I saw King Minu lying on top of me. There was a strong smell of wine to me. I was afraid that he was drunk.

King Minu propped himself up with the support of his arm. He stared at me with a sense of helplessness in his eyes. "Tell me, Wan. Where is your country and your family? I will send my guards to fetch them here. I will treat them well too."

"Minu, I...." I was at a loss for words.

"Do not say that you need to return back. I forbid you saying that!" King Minu became agitated and he pressed his lips on mine violently. I could taste the wine in his mouth. I was getting very dizzy and I was too weak to stop him.

"The moment you came into my life, you taken my heart away." He murmured in my ears. This word was too familiar to me. I tried to recall where I had heard this line. My heart ached. This line, was found by the archaeologist. The words was carved on the wall of the Royal Shrine. Everyone had believed in the history that this was King Minu's confession of his love to Queen Nafada. I was feeling hurt and I pushed King Minu away. 

"Go away, the one that you loved dearly is Queen Nafada."

King Minu was stunned for a few seconds before he chuckled. " Wan, are you jealous?"

"Ya, I am not!" I closed my eyes and turned away. I really felt like sleeping.

"Nafada is my Queen and I love her out of respect. Wan, my love for you is totally different. Who told you that I loved  Nafada dearly?"

This line, 'My love for you is totally different.' was also carved on the wall. I felt anguished," No matter! Queen Nadafa was the only one you loved!"

"Stop playing." King Minu looked at me.

"I am not playing around. You build a special shrine for Queen Nafada and you carved all the words you said earlier in the shrine. You declares and professed your love to her to the future generations." I had sort of unwittedly blur out all this.

King Minu was stunned for a whole but suddenly, he burst out in laughter and he touched my forehead. "What are you thinking of inside your head? When did I ever build a special shrine for Nafada? I had never said those words to anyone except you!" King Minu pinched my nose playfully. "If that is what you have in mind, I will build a special shrine for you and carved all those words in it. Are you happy?"

I stared at King Minu and I was lost for words.

"Wan, it is the first time that I am saying those words. And now, I only wanted you." His iris was clouded with love and his face came near me.

I remembered that King Minu had a lot of concubines and I felt upset. I guessed it was the alcohol in my system to blur out again," I do not want to marry you! Because in future, you will have a lot of concubines and children! I do not want that!"

King Minu looked at me dumbfounded. " Wan, I do not have concubines. I only have Nafada and 3 children. Is that a lot?"

"Aishi, you will have in future! The princesses of other places and far away lands. I do not want to share my loved one with so many others!" I started pouting and being insane.

"Wan, are you so drunk? What nonsense are you talking about?" King Minu started to feel my face and body," You are indeed drunk and your body are heating." He chuckled at me.

"I want to sleep. You go out... You..."

King Minu complied and he really stood up to make his move. He leaned forward and kissed me softly. " Wan, rest well. I will see you tomorrow. You are such a cute foolish one. I really wanted to make you mine now if not that you are drunk." He whispered gently to me.

I closed my eyes to calm my fast beating heart. I opened my eyes after I heard the closing sound of the door. Ya Kim Dongwan, you idiot! You have to complete you task and go back! Else, I am afraid that I would not bear to leave.

The following day, my door was pushed opened loudly. I was still in slumber but I was a light sleeper. I opened my eyes a little and see that the skies was still dark. I felt someone dragging me off my bed rudely and with strong force. I knew who was that without opening my eyes. Who in the Palace would dare to treat me like this. I shrugged to release the grip on my hand and rubbed my sleepy eyes. " Minu, why are you disturbing my sleep!" I spoke in my hoarse voice while opening my teary eyes.

King Minu threw a outer coat on me and smiled. Without saying any words, he pulled my left hand and went out.

"Ya, Minu. What are you doing?" I hissed at him.

"Be quiet. We are going out of the Palace."

"Out of the Palace?"

"Yes and keep your voice down. I do not want to alert the guards."

"But I had not wash up yet." I whispered.

"It is alright. I do not mind." He smirked at me.

"I mind. Wait, let go of me!"

"Wan, if you kept on like this then I had to kiss you so as to shut you up."

"......"

In the end, I was kidnapped by King Minu to the stable while I was yawning away. He shoved me onto the back of the horse and he sat behind me, cuddling me close. This reminded me of Emperor Lee Minwoo while we were on the horse back. The one behind me was King Minu and I could hear his heart and I turned my head to look at him. I saw his hair fluttering in the winds and his eyes gleaned with delight of a kid. I guessed he knew that I was looking at him and he turned; our gaze met. He smiled and kissed the top of my head while I felt my face burning. I turned my head away and dared not looked again.

After riding for some time, the horse stopped. " Wan, we have reached." King Minu murmured to my ears.

I opened my sleepy eyes and saw the magnificent sight in my view: the sun was slowly creeping up from the horizon and when it rose up, it's radiance burst out in all direction and I had to shield my eyes from the blazing rays. The sun ray lit up the Nile river and it was shimmering in silver lights which made tempted to try to touch it. There I heard faint singing in the plain across, singing an old folk song. I ran to the Nile river and scoop some water. The water was crystal clear and I had my drink. The water was cooling and came with a very faint taste of soil.

"Look, Minu. Doesn't this look like gold?" I scooped the water and poured them against the sun's golden rays. When I turned around to talk to Minu, he was glowing in the sun ray too and he was too glaring for me to keep my eyes open.

King Minu came over me and grabbed my hands to scoop some water. He drank from my hands. "Minu?" I whispered. I felt his warm lips in my palms and it was ticklish. I wanted to withdraw my hands but he held into them.

"Wan, do you know something? Those who drank from Nile river, will alway return to Egypt; no matter how far they are." He smiled brilliantly. "But I am not going to let you go."

My happy moments disappeared and I felt sadness. I will leave this place and will I return again?