Chapter 20 - Forgotten Love (Part 7)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I  expected that I would have difficulties falling asleep but I was wrong. When I opened my eyes again, it was already morning. I sat up dreamily and looked around me, trying to figure out my location when I realized that I was in Andy's room. I looked at the bed and it was empty. Oh gosh, I had slept so deeply that I did not know that Andy left the room and I was wondering what time was it now.

I recall the tense moment of last night and I wonder how long I had to live like this. Despite that I did not find out Madam Victoria's secret but I was quite certain that it was around the empty hall. Maybe I could explore that area tonight. The day passed quickly and peacefully. Soon it was nightfall, I estimated that Andy had fallen asleep before I crept out of his room quietly. I remembered the route which Rosie brought me and I walked it slowly and attentively. I reached the hall but it did not lead to any room. Strange, because I was sure that Rosie told me to wait while she went off.

I decided to check every inch of the hall to see if there was any trap, leading to a hidden door or room like those I saw in movies. I touched the walls but there was nothing like a swtich or trap. I came to a huge painting and I moved it, discovering a lever underneath it. I pulled forcefully and a wall opened, revealing a passage way. I took a deep breathe and I guessed that probably the kidnapped girls were inside the hidden place. I hope that Jane was there and alive.

The passage way was dim as only a few candles were lit. Under the faint, flickering candle lights; the passage way seemed ghostly. I took another deep breathe before I went inside. I had barely walked much further when a strong scent of stale blood greeted me. I wrinkled my nose as I felt uncomfortable and when I walked further in, I heard cries and sounds. I felt cold sweat on my neck and back. I followed the sounds and passed through a narrow and winding path, which lead me to a wooden door. I saw that there were black substances on it and the stench indicated that it was stale, dried blood. I felt my gastric churning and I felt like throwing up. I continued despite my sickening feeling and pushed open the wooden door. It was pitch black and I could not see anything but the smell of blood was very strong.

I concentrated on my bracelet and it emited a glow to illuminate tbe room. I saw that this seemed to be bathroom as there was a bidg wooden tub in the middle. When I went closer to the tub, I heard dripping sound as if water was dripping from the ceiling into the tub. I raised my wrist and looked up. Oh my god, I collapsed on the floor at the sight that I saw. I saw a  girl being hanged above the tub and her blood was dripping into the tub. Judging by the sight, she was definitely dead for few hours. She was abused and her injuries showed open wounds from which the blood was oozing out. 

I took a deep breathe to calm myself down and I thought that I had mentally prepared myself before coming in here. When I looked at the body again, I wanted to release the poor corpse down. Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming and I was in a panic. I did not bring along my invisible talisman and I quickly glanced around the room for any hiding place. I found a cupboard in the far corner of the room and I crouched in it and managed to stop my bracelet from glowing.

"Madam Victoria, your blood bath is ready." I heard Rosie's voice and I cursed that she was an accomplice.

"Excellent." Thereafter, I heard some slight sound which I assumed that it was the undressing of clothes. I peeped from my hiding place as Rosie had lit some candles. Madam Victoria had soaked herself in the wooden tub and I could only see her head and shoulders. I saw Rosie handed her a large glass of red liquid and I was sure that it was blood, not red wine. I could feel my gastric churning again. I closed my eyes and felt that my entire body was drained of blood.

This was the only time that I saw such a gruesome sight and the horror movies could not match this scene. I realized that human is the scariest whereby one could resort to anything in order to achieve their goal. I began to feel thankful to Andy for rescuing me yesterday. I would definitely faint if I saw this, or worse I could be the body hanging there, providing blood for Madam Victoria's bath. Hyesung had instructed me that I was not suppose to rescue anyone except Jane but I did not think that I could be so heartless to leave them to being tortured to death like this.

Not long after, I heard soft sound which I guessed was Madam Victoria dressing up. I continued crouching in my corner till I heard them leaving the room. I crept out after I was sure that there was no sound. I made my bracelet glowed again and I was determined to find out where the girls were kept. I explored around and came to another door right at the end of the passage way and I pushed it. It was locked and I chanted a spell to open it. I was right! 

I saw somewhat a dungeon and it was crowded with girls. When they saw me entering, all of them retreated and fear showed on their faces.

"Do not be afraid. I am coming to save you all. Can anyone tell me if Madam Victoria comes here everyday?" I spoke gently to them

"She came about once a few days, probably 3 days. I am not so sure." I heard a timid reply from a skinny girl after some silence.

"I am scared." "Save me." "I want to get out of here." Soon the girls started crying and spoke to me. 

I quickly hushed them, " Girls, calm down. I promised that I will find a way to save you all." With this, they calmed down.

"Will you really save us?"

"Yes, trust me. Is there anyone by the name of Jane here?"

" I am Jane." It was the girl who responded to my question earlier. I was happy that I found Jane and she was safe, but for the time being. I walked out of the place after assuring the girls that I would be back to rescue them before Madam Victoria returned again. I fumbled my way through the dark long passage way till I reached the courtyard. I could not control myself and I ran to the nearest tree. I bent down and vomited badly. I felt my innards and gastric was churning madly.

"Hee Hee." A laughter came from above me.

I stopped and became tense. Oh great, I forgot that there was an evil handsome Pure Blood here. I wiped my mouth and looked up. Yes, M was standing on a branch above me and he looked y as usual. I could have smacked myself! What was I thinking of, finding him y? After seeing the scene earlier, I did not find M scary anymore. I rolled my eyes at him while my hand was supporting me against the tree trunk. " Mr M, why did you like to appear in front of me from tree top?"

" You remembered my name. I am so touched my dear. From the way you were acting just now, I believed that you knew the secret in the castle." M gave me a bright smile.

"You knew?" I looked at M

" There is no secret in the castle that I do not know of." M smirked.

"So Madam Victoria is not from your vampire clans?" I asked as I deemed that she was a pure human being.

"Ppffff, she is just a stupid woman who cared about her appearance and indulged in the bloody beauty ritual. She is not fit to be associated with my kind." M looked away," There are many foolish human beings in this world who seek out immortality."

i felt better and I straightened my body. Suddenly, I felt my legs weak and then did I realize that too much vomiting could weaken me too. I better escaped from here and wanted to repeat my trick. Before I could do anything, M was standing in front of me, smiling impishly.

"Do you think that you could try the same trick twice on me?"

"Don't look down on me! Beside that, I have many tricks in my sleeves." Oh no, I could not conjour any spell. What happened?

"Hee Hee, my dear. No one could use any spells in the barrier that I had casted." His smile became more evil. I was alarmed as I did not know when M casted a barrier. I did not see him doing so.

"Now, I will make you as my partner, as my kind." M came closer to my face and I could feel his fangs protruding out. Oh no, I am in big trouble. I could not even call out to Hyesung for help.

"Wait!" I pushed M away and glared at him. " I did not want to be a vampire. Why don't you find those human beings who are dying to become one of your kind?"

"Don't you want to attain immortality? Do you know how many would die to be in your position?" M crossed his arm across his chest gracefully and looked at me.

"I do not want to be an immortal! I did not want to feed on human blood forever and I want to walk about under the sun. I do not want to live in darkness. Immortality comes with a price! Eternal loneliness!" I was hissing at M.

M merely smiled at me after all the reasons that I had spoken. I believed that I saw a change in his expression when I mentioned eternal loneliness.

"Oh my dear, I think I am loving you more and more each time." M grabbed my wrist. His hands were icy cold which chilled my heart. In fact, the icy coldness came from his fingers, gliding gently down my cheek and stopped at my neck. I struggled but to no avail and I was clearly no match against M's strength.