Chapter 39 - Only Love (Part 13)

The Pre-existence Seekers

Soon, the time flew by and now is the eve of my wedding day. I am feeling very frustrated because I knew very well that I could not marry King Minu but I had not complete my task! What am I going to do? I could not delay any further and I was pulling at my hair.

While I was in my frustration mode, an attendance came to my chambers and she looked flustered. I recognized her to be Queen Nafada's attendant. She seemed exasperated but she dared not say anything.

"Anything?" I was feeling puzzled. If anything happened to Queen Nafada, my sparrow would notify me right away.

"Messenger of Bastet. Queen... Queen Nafada is missing." She whispered.

"What?" I raised my voice," Did you look around the Palace thoroughly?"

"Yes, we searched everywhere. Unless..." She stopped.

""Unless what?" I hurried her.

"Unless Queen Nafada go to the Royal Shrine. I heard her highness saying that she wanted to go there to pray for the Royal family."

Queen Nafada went to the Royal Shrine... Maybe it.... It could not be.... My mind buzzed and I did not think further." You wait in the Palace while I go to the Royal Shrine."

While I was riding to the Royal Shrine, I started to wonder why my sparrow did not come to me. In addition, everyone in the Palace knew that Queen Nafada disliked me and why did her attendant came to me and to seek my help? Also, the attendant heard Queen Nafada mentioning that she wanted to go to the Royal Shrine and how come she did not search there in the first but came to me? Though I had many suspicions, I decided to make the trip myself, in case if something happened. I doubted Queen Nafada had any tricks in her sleeves which could not be solved by me.

I arrived at the Royal Shrine and I dismounted. It was very quiet that I could hear my breathing and heartbeat clearly. I proceeded inwards and looked around. I did not see Queen Nafada or Andi at all. I stood and called out to my sparrows but I could not get their senses. I had an uneasy feeling in my heart, could it be that my sparrows had been discovered? I tried to call out to my sparrows for the second time and I heard a cold voice from behind.

"I had get rid of the birds that you planted around Queen Nafada and my side!" I turned around and saw someone. I am sure that he was Andi.

Andi took a few steps towards me and under the dim lights in the Royal Shrine, I saw that he had a queer expression.

"Andi, where is Queen Nafada?" I tried to make myself as calm as possible in my tone.

"Nafada will be here shortly." Andi spoke and I saw his expression which I could not comprehend.

The atmosphere was awkward. Since Queen Nafada was not here and it was meaningless for me to remain here much longer. Wait! How come Andi was not surprised to see me as if he was expecting me, was it.....

"Well, I guess I should be leaving." Just as I was about to leave, Andi blocked my way and he rapidly pulled me into his embrace.

"Andi, what are you doing?" I yelled.

Andi was silent and he seemed even queerer. He whispered in my ear," For her, I could give up my life!"

I had yet to take in what Andi said when I saw over his shoulder, someone approaching us. He had a whip in his hand and his face was dark with anger. Those long dark hair and that handsome face... King Minu. When he came closer, I saw his eyes burning with fury. Why is King Minu here? I think I knew what had happened.

"Snap." The whip cracked and hit Andi's back.

"Let go of Wan!" King Minu had lost his self control as he leashed out whips after whips at Andi.

"Your Highness, I beg for your forgiveness. Wan and I are in love. Even though you are the King, you can't force Wan to marry you!" Andi's words left me speechless. I looked into Andi's eyes but I did not see any fear. " Wan will be marrying you tomorrow but I just stop myself from missing him and so we...."

"Shut up!" King Minu looked terrible.

I fully understood now. Andi was using words to provoke King Minu and dragged me in so that I would out of the picture. Andi went to the extend of sacrificing himself and came up with this trap, probably together with Queen Nafada. This was a clever though despicable trap.

"Guards! Get Andi out and throw him into the dessert for him to be sunned to death. Release my hawks as well!" King Minu yelled.

"Stop!" I blurted out unknowingly. Why did thing turned out this way? Why Andi faced this horrible end due to my appearance here? Did my appearance alter anything here? I could not let this happen! My task was to save Andi here!

"No?" King Minu looked at me angrily. He came to us and grabbed my wrist," You cared about Andi! You fell in love with him?"

"Calm down Minu." I whispered to him. At the same time, I saw Andi had a sinister smile on his face.

"My King, please do not be in anger." I saw Queen Nafada hurrying in and she was panting. " My King, I could not catch up with your speed."

I am now very sure that this was a trap set up by Andi and Queen Nafada.

"Your Higness, Andi was to be sunned to death and become food for the hawks. It is so scary." I raised my eye brows to see Queen Nafada's expression. Her face turned pale and exchanged a quick look with Andi before she turned to King Minu. I saw Queen Nafada was trembling and she did not seemed to be that heartless. Maybe she knew that Andi could not escape death but not in this horrible way.

If I begged King Minu to pardon Andi's life, it would provoke King Minu and worsened the situation. So the good words had to be said by someone else. I suspected that there was a special relationship between Queen Nafada and Andi. I guessed I had to get Queen Nafada to put in good words to King Minu to spare Andi's life. I had to take this chance and bet on it.

"Your Highness, I do not have feelings for Andi at all. I had better suggestion to punish him. From the place that I came from, we had ways to torture someone such was slashing the person thousands of times for the person to bleed to death and be in great pain. Or somewhere I read that you tie the person's limbs and head on different horses and made the horses ran in different directions. Those are scarier right?"

King Minu looked at me in utter shock. Probably, he did not expect me to come up with such horrendous suggestions. Well, Queen Nafada had definitely turned green and she looked horrified. She glanced at Andi and the latter merely looked in another directions.

"This is not the end. Andi shall never be reborn again." I smirked.

"My King. Andi was in the wrong but he does not deserve all this." Queen Nafada finally spoke up. Bingo!

"Your Highness, these are not horrible punishment provided that Andi was indeed in the wrong." I looked at Queen Nafada," Right, Your Highness?"

Queen Nafada stared at me, then looked at Andi lovingly. When she gazed at me, there was despair in her eyes.

"My King. Maybe Andi was doing this in a moment of folly." I was delighted in my heart that Queen Nafada was pleading for Andi.

King Minu's face remained like a stone," No matter what, Andi had did an unpardonable act! He had to be punished!"

"Your Highness, Andi is innocent." I looked at Andi," He was under a spell and so he did all this."

"Under a spell?" King Minu looked puzzled.

"Thst is right. Else, Andi will never had acted this way to me. What nonsense that he said that he fell in love with me." I spoke calmly. I had to lie in order to save Andi's life.

I saw that Andi wanted to speak up but he stopped when he looked at Queen Nafada. She had this 'Do not say anything' look in her face. Andi's expression changed and I saw that his eyes were moist. Maybe he was grateful that Queen Nafada pleaded with King Minu to spare his life.

King Minu had appeased and he looked at Andi," Andi, what you did was due to being under a spell. But, being a high priest and you came easily under a spell; now I shall stripped you of your title. You are no longer High Priest of Egypt and you shall never return."

Andi was silent except staring at Queen Nafada. I went over to Andi and pretended to lift him of his spell. "Andi, let it go. Do not be so persistent. Something, someone had to be passed. Just placed them in your heart." I whispered at the volume that only both of us could hear.

Andi looked at me and bowed before going off.

"Nafada, you return to the Palace." King Minu spoke without lifting his gaze from me.

Watching Queen Nafada disappearing from the Royal Shrine, I did not find her ruthless anymore. Luckily, she was not that ruthless to get her plan to work else, I could not have completed my task. I believed King Minu would love her greatly in the future.

"Wan, I almost wronged you." King Minu's eyes were as crystal clear as the Nile river.

"The great King of Egypt and son of God of Sun, had made wrong judgement?" I tilted my head and looked at King Minu. 

"For those who are madly in love, wrong judgement happened and I am no exception."

In love, my heart skipped a bit when I heard that.

"Anyway, I will not have fallen for Andi." I chided in and spied King Minu smiling away. 

King Minu hugged me tightly," Tomorrow is our wedding day and you shall be mine." King Minu whispered into my ears.

My heart ached. My task was completed and so I had to leave tonight. To say goodbye to Egypt which I had became fond of....