Chapter 31 - Only Love (Part 5)

The Pre-existence Seekers

I was led into Queen Torya's chambers and it was huge and tastefully furnished. I did not have the time or mood to admire it but my focus was on the bed behind some satin curtains. I walked to the bed and saw Queen Torya resting peacefully on her bed. Queen Torya was indeed a beautiful woman given her age now. She did not really aged much but rather she had the gracefulness of a matured lady which I saw in some middle aged actresses. However, Queen Torya started to fidget and I placed my palm on her forehead. I felt sudden interchanged of hot and coldness and uneasy breathing. I took a closer look and saw a faint dark aura at her earlobe area. I knew definitely that Queen Torya was being cursed.

i was feeling a bit relief for this type of black magic was mild and I could easily eradicate it. " Someone placed a curse on Queen Torya and the person was in the Palace. If my guess is right, this curse needed white candles."

"Who dare to do this to my mother!" King Minu was furious.

"Dongwan, are you able to locate the culprit?" Jin was much calmer.

"I could try but I needed some white candles too." I retrieved a talisman from my bracelet discreetly and started chanting. My talisman turned into a black cat and I let it sniffed at the white candles. Since I am hailed as the messenger of Bastet, I might as well live up to the name and so I deliberately turned my summoned spirit into a cat. " Go, and apprehend the culprit!" I cuddled the cat before releasing it.

"Your Highness, get someone to follow my cat." I turned to King Minu and pointed at my disappearing cat.

"Follow it!" King Minu commanded a guard harshly.

It was not long before 2 guards dragged a young female attendant to us. She was trembling and her face was very pale.

"Your Highness, we found these in her quarter." One of the guards bowed and came forth. I saw a bundle wrapped in a cloth. I looked at King Minu and Jin, for permission to take the items. King Minu waved his hand and Jin nodded to me. I went up and took the bundle, revealing it. It was an image of Queen Torya crafted using white candle wax and her name was crafted on it too. I could see the black wording surrounding the figurine which could not be seen by any ordinary beings. I chanted some spell and pointed at the figurine. Soon, the wording vanished and the figurine turned into ordinary candle. I held the candle in my palm and a sudden squeeze, making it disappeared. At the same time, a soft cough was heard.

We turned around and saw Queen Torya waking up. King Minu rushed up to her," Mother, how do you feel?"

"Minu. I am feeling better as if I am released." Queen Torya smiled and patted King Minu's head.

King Minu was elated and he turned to us," Jin, it is all thanks to you that my mother was saved. I will reward you handsomely." Thereafter, King Minu smiled at me,"And you from the foreign land, will be rewarded too."

Jin smiled," Your Highness, so now you believed that he is no ordinary foreigner but a messenger of Bastet. Hence, he could save Queen Torya and ended the curse effortlessly. Bastet must have sent him to us, to save Queen Torya."

Queen Torya looked at me and gestured me over," Come, Messenger of Bastet."

I hesitated for a bit and I saw King Minu stared at me. His stare was so domineering that I obediently went over.

"So you are the one who saved me." Queen Torya pulled my hands. "You definitely have to be rewarded." Queen Torya smiled and turned to King Minu.

"Yes, mother." King Minu looked at me," What do you want?"

"I er...." I looked around, trying to avoid King Minu's eyes. I accidentally glanced at Andi and his expression was weird and so was the female attendant. I am suspicious of them especially Andi. " Er, I would like to work in the Royal Shrine?" I saw King Minu looking surprised at my request.

"Your Highness, since he is the Messenger of Bastet and so it is definitely appropriate for him to be at the Royal Shrine." Jin bowed at King Minu before he turned to Andi," Isn't it Andi? He managed to break the curse which you can't." Jin maintained his smile.

Andi did not reply but I could see that he was pissed off by Jin's remarks and he turned away from Jin.

"Granted. You can go to Royal Shrine." King Minu nodded.

"Your Highness, what are we going to deal with her?" Jin pointed at the attendant.

A sudden fury appeared on King Minu's handsome face," Where did she come from?"

"Your Highness, she is from Queen Nifada's chamber." One of the guards replied.

"What! She served Nifada?" King Minu's brows went up.

Just then, footsteps were heard coming and someone announced the arrival of Queen Nifada. I saw a very beautiful woman entering and I had to look away. I presumed she was Queen Nifada and she was cladded in almost see through material which showed her her curves. The clothings was in layers but it was seductive in the way she dressed and behaved. So the legend was true that Queen Nifada was indeed a beauty and no wonder she was King Minu's favourite among his harem.

"Your Highness, I came to see Queen Torya after hearing that she woke up. I am so glad." She advanced towards King Minu. I saw that Andi's gaze was on Queen Nifada when she entered. Their gazes met for an instant before Queen Nifada looked away.

"Yes, Nifada." King Minu smiled but his smile seemed to be suggestive.

"How are you, mother?" Queen Nifada smiled and approached Queen Torya but the latter appeared cold. It seemed that Queen Torya did not like Queen Nifada.

"Queen Nifada, we had nabbed the culprit who placed the black magic and cursed Queen Torya. And it was coincidental that she was from your chambers." Jin smiled but his eyes looked stern.

"Yes, I came because if this too, Prime Minister Jin. I was shocked when I heard this news! I could not believe that someone from my chambers did this. I hope that the culprit will be punished adequately." Queen Nifada seemed calm.

"Queen Nifada, did you notice any suspiciousness from your attendants recently?" Jin continued to smile.

"Jin, Queen Nifada had numerous attendants serving her and there is no way that Queen Nifada could have notice this." Andi suddenly spoke.

"Your Highness, I am not aware of such thing." Queen Nifada turned to the attendant," What your name? How dare you do such thing!"

"Your Highness, I knew my mistake. Queen Nifada is innocent."

I hoped that I had seen accurately because I saw a look of relief on Queen Nifada's face. King Minu remained expressionless.

"If that is ....." Jin did not managed to finish his sentence as King Minu stopped him.

"Enough. Nifada will not do such a thing. I will not spare anyone who suspect Nifada!" King Minu looked around before turning to the attendant," As for this culprit, she is to pay her crime with her life. Her name and her portrait to be made known to everyone in the Kingdom!"

The attendant's face turned pale and she was trembling very badly. I wanted to say something but Jin grabbed my shoulder and motioned me to remain silent. I believed I sort of understood something: Jin and Queen Torya were together while Queen Nifada and Andi were of an opposite group. Both groups could not stand each other. I also suspected that Jin had his motive for supporting me to be in the Royal Shrine. This was no simple internal power struggle and I made up my mind to complete my task quickly and retuned home. I did not want to be caught in this power struggle.

                                *****************************************

I was back at Jin's residence and he told me to rest early as I would be going to the Royal Shrine tomorrow. I followed my assigned maid to have my bath and I was lying comfortably on my bed.  The maid gave me a massage using some scented essence oil and it was very comfortable and smoothing. This was definitely a pleasant task with such fine treatment.

"Honourable guest, you have a very unique necklace. I saw it earlier and had wanted to ask you about it." She whispered.

Instictively, I touched the blue gem which felt cold in my touch. I did not know why I wore M's necklace here in this task. Probably as a firm of security and assurance. I smiled without knowingly.

"Oh it must be a gift from your lover?"

"Yes and no, I guess." I felt slightly miserable after I uttered that. " I am fine, you may go off." I smiled and waved my hand. I heard the closing of the door and I closed my eyes still. I was think of something randomly before I drifted to dreamland afterward.

 "M, how have you been after I left? Where are you now in my present time? Do you still remember me and your promise?" These were the thoughts before I dozed off.