Chapter 29 - Only Love (Part 3)

The Pre-existence Seekers

Although Hyesung had scolded me for poking my nose into the business of unrelated people and meddled with their affairs, I could not help but did it again; especially Hyesung's long lectures of me using my spells openly. Heck, this is ancient Eygpt! If I had did this in my last mission in middle century Europe, I could be rounded up as a witch and be burnt to death! But here, using my spells only garnered admiration and respect from the people. Maybe, I could attract the attention of the Priest. Soon, I began to hear the whisperings and murmuring from the crowd.

"Oh my god, Did you see that? That foreigner revived the cat!"

"Yes, this is totally unbelievable if I did not see it myself."

"He is amazing. Could he be the messenger of Bastet, the Goddess of Cat?"

I started to feel slightly proud at what I did. For my last 2 tasks, I was either a servant or maid but now, I was sort of being respected by the people as being a divine being. Hee Hee. I was laughing happily in my heart. I looked at the man and he was trembling on the ground, looking at him and the cat. I let go of the cat and went over to the poor boy.

"Are you alright?" I helped the boy to get up on his feet.

"Are.... Are you being sent here by the Goddess of Cat?" The boy looked at me with awe and he stammered in his words. The wonder and admiration in his eyes did not escape me. He was looking at me like a star struck fan boy.

"It is fine now. You can go. Use this to treat yourself." I ruffled his hair and pressed some gold coins in his palms. The boy flashed a wide smile at me before he bowed at me. Thereafter, he limped and walked off.

I looked at the fading image of the boy and started to walk away from the crowd. " Hold your step, my friend from a foreign land." A low voice sounded over me and I turned towards the owner of the voice. I saw a sedan underneath the shade of a large tree, not far from me. There were 2 muscular slaves and a man (an attendant, I believed) standing next to the sedan.

When the curtain of the sedan was lifted, a handsome man emerged and stood out. He seemed to be around my age, dressed in a white official attire, probably made of linen? However, he had fair complexion which was rare for an Egyptian. When he came closer to me, I noticed that he was about half a head taller than me and his handsome feature had a soft scent. His dark brown eyes were peering into my eyes and I was momentarily lost in his  gaze.

"Are you calling me earlier?" I finally snapped back to my sense and pointed at myself.

"Yes." The corners of his mouth lifted upwards and oh my, he had a charming smile. He seemed like he was of a high rank and maybe I could find out something about the priest.

"May I know the reason for calling me?"

He did not reply but merely pointed his slender finger at a deserted alley. "We talk over there."

I hesitated for a while before nodding my head. I did not want to pass out on this rate opportunity to find out about the Priest.

"Where are you from, my foreign friend? I had never seen your attire before." He pointed at my v neck T shirt and skinny black jeans.

"I came from a Asian country, far away from here." I figured out that he would not understand me if I mentioned South Korea.

"Earlier on, I saw you. Was that witch craft from your country?" The man did not probe further on my origin as he seemed more interested in my skills.

"Yes." I nodded my head. "If I may ask for your name, Sir?" I wanted to find out the identity of this man before me.

"You can call me Jin. I am the Prime Minister here." The man, now called Jin, smiled at me. I opened my eyes wide because I was shocked that he was a Prime Minister as he looked very young! And a handsome one, I must add. All along, I assumed that Prime Ministers should be old man with long white hair and beard and probably sneaky looking as they were usually portrayed as villains in dramas. I chuckled at my luck here because, I believed that I could find out about the Priest from Jin.

"Your witch craft is very special and I needed your help!" Jin paused," I needed your help to save someone's life, to be precise."

"Save someone's life?" I tilted my head and looked at Jin. I was not a doctor or a physician. I knew nuts about herbs or medicine. Think Jin should be getting Hyesung to help to save the life instead.

"To save someone who had been cursed by black magic and not being sick or what." Jin replied. He seemed to be able to read my mind.

"Who?" 

"You needed not know the identity at the moment. I strongly believed that you are the only who could save the person." Jin was still smiling but I found his smile fishy because he was definitely hiding something from me.

While I was considering whether to agree to help Jin, I heard his attendant whispering to him. "Sir, are you sure? What if the Priest heard about this and him....." I prickled up my ears after hearing the attendant mentioning about the Priest. The attendant did not continue with his sentence as Jin gestured him to stop. I did not need to think much more and I nodded my head. "I will help you." Everything came at ease. Maybe I could even complete my task easily and fast at this rate!

Jin smiled even brilliantly at me "Follow me then. And what is your name?"

"Kim Dongwan." I returned the smile because I was thrilled that Jin did not put on any air though he was a Prime Minister. I was elated that I found my accommodation for the night and it was free of charge! I could not believe my good luck.

The Prime Minister residence was simply grand! It was extraordinary beautiful and magnificent and there were dozens of maid, attendants awaiting for us. I goggled at the maid because the attire came in 2 pieces, with the top covering only their s and the long pants complimented their curvy figures. I had something to boast about to Eric hyung when I returned to 'Twist of Fate'. He would be whining about for missing out to be assigned to this task. Oh I am so evil.

Jin pointed to a maid and turned to me," She will be attending to you. Follow her to your room to rest as I guessed that you must be tired."

I thanked Jin and followed the maid. There were some other maids and attendants following behind me, escorting me to my room.

"Er, can I take a bath first?" I smiled at the maid. She blushed and nodded. She led me to a room which was situated in the most inner part of the residences. If I did not see it for myself, I could not believed that in ancient Egypt, the bathing facilities was so good and 'modern'. Well, the flooring was of white marble and there was a big pool in the middle with hot water gushing out from delicates carved lion heads coated with gold. There was a few grand seats by the side of the pool and I asked on the purpose.

"Your honourable guest, we could bath you while you rest on the seats." 

Oh, I see. I was not comfortable for people to see me bath and especially women. I declined the offer to be bath by them, on the seat. Instead, I pointed to the pool " I think I would want to soak myself there." The maid nodded and left me alone while I submerged in the pool. It seemed like a jacuzzi pool as my tired muscles are being massaged and relaxed. I believed that I had soaked myself for a long time till I heard the maid calling out for me.

I put on the pants which was placed on the seats and allowed the maid to come in. Next, the maid told me to lie on the big day bed at the corner of the room for some oil essence rub. I felt very refreshed after that. I put on my top before I followed the maid out to the dining area for my meal. When I stepped into the dining place, all eyes were on me which made me smirking inside my heart.

When Jin saw me, there was a glitter in his eyes before he smiled at me, " You looked gorgeous in this outfit." I joined Jin and sat on some plush cushions and happily tucked into the feast before me.

After eating, Jin gestured and all the maids and attendants left us. I believed Jin wanted to talk to me in private about saving someone's life. 

"I will try my utmost best but I can't guarantee anything." I spoke before Jin started the topic.

Jin smiled," Do you have any idea who you are going to save?"