Chapter 18 - Forgotten Love (Part 5)

The Pre-existence Seekers

It was dead silent here but I sensed that we were not alone. Something or someone was here as well. I heard rustling noise and I tensed up. The next moment, I saw a small creature leaping out towards the maid and instinctively, I cast a protection shield at the maid. The creature bounded off and it turned to me. I saw that it was a hiddeous, deformed human being except that it had 2 sharp fangs and claws on its hands. It was a vampire but the lowest and weakest type. I could not remember the name of their type as I was more focused on the powerful one. The creature charged at me, hissing angrily for I had disturb his dinner time.

I casted a barrier around me and focused on getting a talisman from my bracelet. I held the talisman between my right index finger and middle finger while I chanted a spell. A bright blue light shot from fingertip and i pointed the light plus the talisman at the creature. The creature was enveloped in the blue light and it howled. Soon, the light vanished and the talisman flew back to me. 

"Too bad, you are unlucky to bump into me." I looked around to see if there was any sign of others for they would be hunting in a group. I did not wish to face a bunch of them.

"Interesting." I became stiff as I heard a deep, husky voice above me, from the tree. Was it another vampire? It was fortunate that I did not remove my barrier yet and I just had to subdue this vampire as well. How 'lucky' could I be for today?? I looked up and prepared to face my opponent but I saw a glow of white light and the light happened to be hair. The long snowy white hair concealed his face but I could see that he was slim and tall. His chest was exposed from his black shirt and he had a matching cloak too, swaying away in the night breeze.

"Who are you? No, it should be which type of vampire are you?" I raised my voice at him.

He let out a chuckle before flicking his hair away from his face. He looked at me and smiled, "I am a Pure Blood."

I frozen and my head was spinning, not because he was a Pure Blood which Hyesung had cautioned me before. I was shocked as I saw his face clearly. I alway perceived Hyesung as the most handsome man but this guy was equally as handsome as Hyesung. He had blue iris, those icy blue colour which was very attractive. The moonlight on him outlined his well defined jaws, his slender slim but a bit muscular build. I had a tingling sensation in my heart because I felt that I had seen him before, a strange yet familiar feeling.

"You are quite impressive. Is that the oriental power?" He sat on a thin tree branch which was barely the thickness of a finger, and he smirked at me. His silky long hair swayed in the wind and he brushed it away with his long fingers. Oh my, his action was y. Did all Pure Blood look this handsome? It was unbelievable.

I was slightly mesmerized by his good looks but I regained my senses. "My advice to you is to leave immediately, else you will suffer the same fate as that creature earlier."

"Oh." He looked amused, "You will have me subdued?"

"That right. Though you are far more handsome than that creature but still you are a vampire and I had to subdue you too. I might go slightly gentle on you perhaps." While saying this, I was secretly praying that he would leave. To tell the truth, I had no idea how powerful a Pure Blood was and judging by his demeanour, he would be a difficult opponent.

"Show me then." He grinned devilishly at me.

I was hesitant to subdue this handsome one but I hate tbe mockery in his tone and this fuelled my desire to take him on. "Don't you regret later on." I repeated my spell and directed the light and talisman at him. This time I had a much stronger spell directed at him. I was smirking silently that he courted his own death. However, my smirk hung on my mouth when I saw what happened. My talisman was just mere centimeters from him before he pointed at it, causing my talisman to burst into flame. At the same time, the flash of blue light vanished.

I felt a blow at my chest and a wave of pain went through me. I held onto my chest and stumbled few steps backward. I knew I was in deep trouble for he was indeed very strong. Suddenly, he flew down. Yes, I am not seeing thing, he flew down. I recalled Hyesung mentioning in the lessons that certain type of vampires had flying abilities, especially the Pure Blood. 

"Your skills are impressive and could subdue ordinary type of vampires but it's a pity that your opponent is me, a Pure Blood. My name is M and I am the Prince of the Pure Blood." He destroyed my shield effortlessly and stood right in front of me. 

My mind was in a mess after seeing him destroying my shield. It was not easy to deal with a Pure Blood and he was the boss of them. Oh my gosh! In gaming, the boss is usually the latest to meet and the most powerful to kill but I am meeting the the boss now. I was indeed very lucky today (T.T) I think I better escape as instructed by Hyesung because I still want to stay alive. 

"I wondered how does your blood taste like since you are from oriental places." He looked at me curiously. 

" Human blood taste the same." I was shivering because he wanted to take my blood.

"Oh, you know? Have you taken human blood before?" He winked at me.

" Blood contain iron and I taken iron pills, pig blood, duck blood and they taste the same." I blabbered out nonsense as I was trying to think of a way to escape. 

Suddenlt, he laughed and his eyes gleaned," You are the chosen one!" 

"What? You are serious in taking my blood?" I replied with my eyes wide.

" No, I wanted you as my bride. The Pure Blood are decreasing and I needed to find my partner to give birth to the next generation. And I have chosen you." He eyed me like eyeing his prey.

My mind was totally blank out. Did I hear him correctly? He wanted me to mate and give birth to the next generation of Pure Blood. " No, I am not interest in a non human and besides, I am a man not a woman." I took off the shawl over my head to prove to him. 

" Hahaha, did I say that my partner has to be a female? From the start, I already knew that you are a man." He continued laughing. " We, Pure Blood, do not need to mate. Once you be my partner, you will know how our next generation will come about." 

"What!" I was more shocked by his reply. I could not think of anything. The man x man thing started in this era and originated from vampires???? " Why choose me?" That was all I could think of to ask him.

He tilted his head and pierced into my eyes,"I like you and I am interested in your oriental witchcraft. Most importantly, you are interesting and I would not feel bored in our long years ahead, my dear."

What a disgusting reason and I felt nauseous upon hearing it. I better escape now. Kim Dongwan ah, focus and think carefully. You have to save your own life now. Think...

"Alright, that is the end of discussion and you are going back with me now." He shot an arm to grab me.

"My abilities are more than what you see." I silently recite my spell to create a thick mist. Soon, a thick white mist surrounded us and blocked our view from each other. I seized the opportunity to escape away in the mist and I landed in the castle compound. I look around to ensure that I had escaped and I heaved a sign of relief. Am I so lucky today? First, Madam Victoria took a fancy to me. Now, the dashing and y Pure Blood wanted me to be his partner. Suddenly, I visualized some babies with sharp fangs crawling towards me and I jumped in fright. I broke out in cold sweat.

"Jane, where are you? I wanted to go home safely, in one piece." I wailed silently at the moon hanging in the night skies.