Kittens

~Promises~

Hakyeon was sleeping soundly when suddenly his phone rang, he tried to ignore it and goes back to sleep but it didn’t seem to quiet down. Without looking at the caller ID he picked up and was greeted with Ravi screaming to the phone.

“Yah! Cha Hakyeon! Where are you?! don’t tell me… you’re still asleep? Yah! Look at the time you’re going to be late…we’re not waiting for you so we’re going to school first.” With that Ravi hang up, Hakyeon open his eyes and looked at the time on his phone it was already 7.30 am, he immediately got up and rush to the bathroom.

Hakyeon hurriedly ran down the stairs he almost tripped on his way down. He quickly put on his shoes when his sister called out to him “Hakyeon ah..arent you going to have breakfast? His sister called out from the kitchen. “Ah! Nuna no time, gonna go!” Hakyeon ran out of the house and ran all the way to school.

When he reached school, the gate was already close. “! Now what am I gonna do? nuna is going to kill me if I skipped school” Hakyeon stand in front of the school gate still catching his breath from all those running when he remembers Wonshik told him of a shortcut he uses behind the school gym.

Hakyeon walk around until he reach the fence behind the gym and saw that there’s a stone place just below the fence to be use as a foothold, He throw his bag first and step on the foothold to reach the wall and climb all the way until he was able to enter the school.

He picked up his bag and ran towards the school building, when he turns around behind the gym he heard someone laughing, he stopped to look for the voice when he heard it again “hahaha..Hakyeon ah don’t be greedy give the other’s some too…” He was startled when someone says his name and stop on his track.

He poke his head behind the wall and saw Taekwoon sitting there surrounded by kittens, it seems like he was feeding them. Taekwoon picked up a black kitten with only its paws that has white fur, it looks like it has shoes on. “Hayeon ah..be considerate of the others, I bought enough for you guys..” Taekwoon said with a smile on his face while he kept patting the kitten on his lap. Hakyeon was surprised to see the smile on Takewoon’s face “ah..so he can smile like that” Hakyeon thought to himself.

Hakyeon was so into watching Taekwoon and the kitten that he dropped his bag to the ground and made a loud noise that it startled the kittens and they ran away. “Who’s there?!” Taekwoon called out after he heard the noise. Hakyeon quickly picked up his bag in a panic and was about to turn and ran when someone pulled his bag making him fall on his .

“Ack!…” Hakyeon looked up and saw Taekwoon standing in front of him, afraid of what Taekwoon might do to him Hakyeon look down not meeting Taekwoon’s eyes. Hakyeon is mentally hitting himself in his head “! Stupid Hakyeon why must you be caught”.

 They both stays there in silent and when suddenly Taekwoon crouch down meeting Hakyeon’s eye level, Hakyeon can feel Taekwoon staring at him and it felt really weird when he’s not saying anything. Hakyeon who cant take it anymore was about to open his ,mouth to say something when he heard this low voice coming out of Taekwoon. “…..uhmm..arent you going to be late?” he ask.

Haekyeon look up finally meeting Taekwoon’s eye “huh?” he says. Taekwoon just look at him and pointed to the classroom “You’re going to be late…”. When it finally came to him Hakyeon glance at his watch and notice that he’ already so late for the first period “aish! I’m dead!” Hakyeon quickly stood up and ran but stopped and look behind him “you..arent you going?...to the class …” but Taekwoon just stand there staring at him without saying anything back.

Feeling awkward at the situation Hakyeon just scratch his head “Umm…ok I’m going…you better hurry if you don’t want to be scolded by the teacher” and with that Hakyeon run with all his might to the classroom feeling embarrass at what he just did.

When he reach the classroom, the teacher was already there so he ended up getting punished by standing in front of the classroom with his hands over his head. He was pissed off when he saw Wonshik laughing at him from his seat. He was finally let go by the teacher at the end of the first period, he went back to his seat and lay his head on the table, he turns his head to look at the empty seat next to him “ He didn’t came back….” Hakyeon mumble to himself.