Coming Back

~Promises~

The opening ceremony for the new semester just ended and students are busy making their way to their classroom. Hakyeon who is a 2nd year transfer student are feeling nervous inside the faculty room waiting for his homeroom teacher to bring him into his classroom.

After leaving for Japan 2 years ago following his parents, Hakyeon finally come back to attend high school here in korea after begging his parents to let him live with his older sister.

“hey, new student let’s go” the teacher startled Hakyeon.

Hakyeon just nod his head and follow the teacher into a classroom. He waited outside anxiously he kept wiping his sweaty hand on his uniform. Hakyeon never had any problem in making new friends, and It’s not like he hadn’t done this before, Its even worst when he transferred to Japan he can’t even introduce himself cause he can’t speak the language but he ended up having lots of friend.

He’s always feeling nervous and scared with something that he isn’t familiar with, but eventually he’ll be fine, and that is what he had been telling himself when he left for school that morning. Now he is standing in front of the classroom, with all the student looking at him.

“Anyeonghaseyo,  I’m Cha hakyeon” He introduce himself

“You can call me Hakyeon or N, that’s my nickname” Hakyeon said  cheerfully  and gave out a wink that makes the girls in the class giggle. Feeling satisfied with himself, Hakyeon finally smiled widely.

“ok now, you can take your seat….” The teacher look for a vacant seat and spotted one at the back. “ok you’ll be sitting next to mister Jung.”

Hakyeon bow to the teacher and make his way to his seat. He look at the table next to him and notice a sleeping student who cover his face with an open textbook, because of that Hakyeon can’t see his face.

“is he the Jung person the teacher talking about?” Hakyeon thought to himself. Trying not to bother the sleeping guy, Hakyeon focuses on the lecture given by the teacher.

Because he still doesn’t have have his text book yet, Hakyeon can't really follow up with the lesson, while sitting there blankly in his seat, someone place a textbook on his  table and when he look at the person he saw the guy next to him looking up at him and tap on the textbook indicating for him to use it, He didn’t say anything but Hakyeon understood his gesture.

“kamsahamnida..” Hakyeon thanks the guy but, he just stared at Hakyeon before turning away and goes back to sleep.

Hakyeon just shrug his shoulder and ask the girl next to him for the pages. Hakyeon finally can focus on the lesson and he’s having a great time chatting with the girl next to him. That the time passes by and the homeroom finally ended and it’s already time for lunch break.

Hakyeon was putting his notebook inside his bag when suddenly someone grab him from behind and closes his eyes. He was surprised at first then he heard a deep voice laughing behind him. He grab the person’s hand and removes it from his face. He got up from his seat and turns to look at the person who behind him. He saw a large guy with a hat that is place to the side smiling widely at him. It looks like the person knew him but he didn’t recall ever knowing someone like this.

“Yah, Cha Hakyeon why didn’t you tell me you’re coming back?” He asked Hakyeon.

“Do we know each other?” Hakyeon asked in confusion.

“Man! That hurt, you forgot me already?” Hakyeon just nodded.

“yah, it’s me Wonshik, Kim Wonshik” Wonshik told his name to try and make Hakyeon remembers him.

“wonshik?...hmm..Wonshik! ah! Wonshik from Jellyfish dance school!” Hakyeon hit Wonshik on his shoulder and laugh outloud.

Wonshik slump his shoulder feeling painful from Hakyeon hitting him earlier and smile bitterly “Yeah, it’s me.hehe..” He forgot how Hakyeon can be strong sometimes.

“I was surprised when I saw you earlier you didn’t change at all, well you sorta didn’t grow up” Wonshik said and made a gesture as if measuring Hakyeon’s height.

“Yah! Just so you know I did grow taller it’s just you who became huge. Anyway where are the others, now? Hakyeon continued to tidy his bag and notice the textbook on his table, he picked it up and was about to return it when he saw the seat next to him is empty. He look around inside the classroom but he didn’t saw him. “He must have went out for lunch” Hakyeon thought to himself  and place the textbook into his back before closing it.

“Oh! their here, and speaking of them, let’s go to the canteen, we usually hang out together during recess so let’s go”. Wonshik pulled Hakyeon’s arm and drag him into the canteen and when he spotted Hongbin he gesture for Hakyeon to follow him and they ordered their food and grab their sit on the table where Hongbin is.

“Guess who I brought with me?” Wonshik ask excitedly to both Jaehwan and Hongbin who was sitting in front of him.

Hongbin look up and look at Hakyeon who was eating next to Wonshik. Hongbin draw his eyebrow together trying to remember. When it came to him Hongbin slammed his hand on the table startling Jaehwan who was eating.

“Ah! Hakyeon, it’s Hakyeon right? Yah..it’s been long” Hakyeon smile back at Hongbin and shakes his hand. It’s nice to find his old friend here at the same school. Jaehwan grab onto Hongbin’s arm and shakes it, “what is it?” Hongbin turn to Jaehwan and saw him chocking on his food “wa..wat..water..” Jaehwan sid in a chocking voice. Hongbin quickly grab his bottle of juice and let Jaehwan drink it.

When Jaehwan finally able to breath properly he hit Hongbin’s back “yah! Are you crazy?! I almost died there!.”. Hongbin glared back at Jaehwan “ Yah! You’re the one who was eating like someone was starving you for a month.”. Jaehwan was going to talk back when he notice Hakyeon infront of him. “Hakyeon? It’s you right? Yah! Welcome back” Jaehwan stood up and went to hug Hakyeon.

Lunch was great if not for Wonshik trying to kill Jaehwan after he tried to give Hakyeon a welcoming kiss and when he started harassing Hongbin in which Jaehwan got slapped by Hongbin after he grabbed his . Jaehwan can be weird sometime but he is a good friend. Hakyeon return to class with Wonshik because they are classmates. When the bell rang for the class to begin the guy next to him didn’t return and Hakyeon notice that his bag is also gone. “He must have went home…” Hakyeon said under his breath. He wanted to say his thanks properly and return the book. Well he can always return it tomorrow, Hakyeon thought.

Hakyeon new school life started with him being reunited with some old friends and knowing a guy who is still a mistery to him. Little did he knows that all of this is just the start of his first love.