Hired

EXOtic Dancing with the Beauty

Oomph!

"Whoa, are you okay?" Yejin asked Bella. She tripped on her own foot and bumped into Yejin when she got pulled into to building.

Bella looked up and took in her surroundings. A white hallway opened up next to a reception desk where a woman was seated. The woman was looking at the two girls and confusion contorted her face. Bella felt her cheeks get warm. Great first impression, a dancer who can't even stay on her two feet.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said sheepishly. Clearing , she asked, "But, uh, what was that about?"

Yejin gave an apologetic smile and chuckled, "You don't wanna be out there when EXO comes in. You'll get trampled and if that doesn't kill you, the fans that see you with EXO in the videos will." She took off her mask and walked over to the reception desk. "Hello, Boram-sshi. Sorry about our dramatic entrance," Yejin rubbed her neck and laughed awkwardly. "Do you know if Tony is here already?"

The woman was looking at Yejin and Bella with a quirked eyebrow and shook her head, "Yes, he's here but who is that girl? You cannot bring whoever you like in here, you should know better than that, Yejin."

Yejin looked flustered. She forgot that it would look strange to others that a trainee brought in someone not connected to the company. Its unheard of, really. Bella took the look on Yejin's face as her cue to introduce herself and state her business. 

"Hello, I'm Bella. I was given this," she said with a small bow as she handed over the small card.

The woman looked over the card and tilted her head. It was the first time she saw a choreographer, especially Tony, give out a business card. She looked back up at Bella and studied her closely. Bella was taller than Yejin by a few centimeters and had long, wavy, dark chocolate hair. Her build did look a bit athletic and she was quite pretty. She wondered what it was about her that made Tony give her this card. She doesn't seem to be very poise seeing as how she entered the building, but something about her looks strong and powerful. She looks like she could be a trainee. Hm.

"I see. Tony should be in Room C on the 4th floor. He starts his first class in 10 minutes so I would hurry if I were you," Boram said as she returned the card to Bella. 

"Thank you!" the two girls bowed and made their way to the room Tony was in. 

Just before they turned the corner, Bella caught a glimpse of the front door opening and a line of guys rushing in.

They reached the 4th floor and walked down the white hall to Room C. The practice rooms had frosted glass doors with strips of clear glass so you could see inside if you focused a bit and there was a window next to the doors that showed the inside of the rooms as well. Bella looked in the rooms as they passed. Room A held about 10 people, a mix of young girls and boys, that were on the floor stretching. Room B held around a dozen teenagers that were currently being taught a dance move. The trainees watched the instructor with eager eyes and the sight made Bella smile a bit. It always warmed her heart to see people serious about dancing. The fact that they were so attentive that early in the morning inspired her to be better. 

The next room, Room C, wasn't as full as the first two, but some trainees were already inside stretching. Bella saw a guy sitting on the black couch on  the side and recognized it was Tony. 

"So, do I just go in or?" Bella asked Yejin. Yejin just looked at her and shrugged, "Idunno... uh, I guess?"

That was reassuring. Bella scoffed and wondered where the motivational Yejin went. She nodded and opened the door to the room.

A few trainees looked up and did a double take. The trainees in the room were all senior trainees so they knew about every trainee in the company. Yejin was a part of this group. It was Bella that pricked their interest.

Bella could feel their eyes on her. She straightened her back and walked confidently to Tony. When he looked up and saw her, his face registered surprise.

"Bella?" Tony said as he got up from the sofa. "You came," he looked at her for a second as if he couldn't quite understand that she was actually there and then a smile spread on his face. 

"I did. I hope it wasn't too unexpected," Bella said, a bit worried that maybe he didn't actually want her to come. 

"No, no! I was really hoping you would come, I just can't believe that you did. Ah, sorry I'm not making sense," he laughed. Looking around, he noticed all the trainees eyes were on them and whispers were traveling through the group. "Right, everyone this is Bella," Tony addressed the trainees. "She's a dancer from New York City and I've invited her to sit in on our practice."

Did he, now? Bella asked herself. Well, no turning back now. "Yes, hello, I'm Bella. Nice to meet you."

"Let's start then!" Tony announced and the trainees stood and got to their places and the practice began. Bella observed the 2 hour pracitice and concluded that the trainees were definitely good. They could handle some pretty advanced choreography and she found herself subconciously thinking of dances that they could do. 

"So, what do you think?" Tony said slightly panting. 

"They definitely talented," Bella offered. 

"Yeah, they are. They've been dancing for as long as you have, but you're, well, you. You're just on a whole other level. I gave you my card because I want your choreography and your skill. You have a gift. What do you think about becoming an instructor yourself?" 

Bella didn't know what to say. I mean, she guessed that that was the reason he gave her the card so she shouldn't be surprised, but she just was. Hearing him say it made it real. She could really become an offical choreographer. The memories of talking about being a choreographer for a living with her best friend in NYC, Alex, crept up and the thought of working doing something she loved was such a precious dream that she's had since she was a child that, now that its a possibility, it kind of scared her. 

Once she realized she was actually scared of her dream coming true, she laughed at herself. Really, Bella? People would kill to do what they loved for a living and here you are being afraid of it. Ridiculous! Stop talking to yourself and answer! Live your dream, idiot!

"I'd love to," she said after a moment. She let out a laugh because in that moment, her dream came true. 

"Yes! Oh my gosh, you don't even know how much I appreciate this. How soon can you work?"

"Well, I'm free now," she answered giddily. 

Tony clapped, "Perfect! I have a huge project that needs to be done by December and I definitely need you. Have you heard of EXO?"

---

EXO filed into their practice room on the 5th floor. They were all bone tired and some plopped on the sofa as others just sank to the floor. 

"We had three hours of sleep. THREE!" Baekhyun moaned as he wiggled on the couch to find a comfortable position. "And it was all in the car. I'm gonna cry."

The other members were too tired to answer but D.O hummed his agreement. 

"Come on, you guys didn't come here to sleep. Listen up as I tell you guys the schedule for today. Baekhyun, D.O, Chen, and Luhan have to finish up recording for the album in the 3rd studio. Kris, Kai, Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Sehun are in the 4th studio. Lay has to practice piano for the performance and Suho needs to practice MCing," Sunghwan-manager said to the 12 bodies strewn about the room. "Hey! Did you guys get that?"

Twelve groans answered him. Tsk, honestly, what am I going to do with them. "Okay, I'll let you guys nap for 20 minutes and then you'll have to get to your schedules. Got it?"

He got a few more mumbles and understood that was all he was gonna get and went to figure out who would be their dance instructor for their winter mini album and SM Week performances. 

 


Yehet! Things are moving~ I apologize for the long chapter ^^; 

To clarify the timeline, she landed in SK in July, performed around September and now is going to help prepare EXO for their past mini album performances and SM Week performances heh!

I hope you all like where its going! Feel free to comment to help me make it a better story :)