among those things

sweet nothing

Chapter 2:

 

that name, that I haven’t heard this past 4 years. Seriously is back now?

Those kind of questions are running on my head, while he’s waiting and looking at my confused face, I think he doesn’t recognize me, at all. Maybe because he’s an artist, and he has met a lot of people?

 

Looking at my nametag, he finally opens his mouth

“ah, mimi-ssi? Gwenchanayo?”

MIMI POV

“ah, ye.. mianada. Americano? With less ice?”

 

“no, no less ice”

 

Oh he doesn’t remember me at all. I thought to myself.

 

“okay, your order will be coming right up, please just wait here, on my left”

 

“ne” he said.

 

That kind of feeling when you see someone you haven’t been seeing in such a long time, his voice, his face, his everything that you’ve missed, all these past years.

 

I didn’t give his order to other barista, I made a choice that I’ll do his by y own, and.. since he ordered americano, maybe that’s his favourite?”

 

I brought up the glass, mixed the grilled beans with cols water, poured the coffee into the cup

 

“here you go, chansung-ssi”

He stood up from his chair, and walk towards me

“ye, gamsahabnida”

“ah.. chansung-ssi?”

 

“ye?” he turned his head towards me, as he wa sulking his coffee down

 

“I think I know you”

 

“you know me?” in his confused way, of course I know him, he’s an idol

 

“aniyo, I mean… I do know you. I think we went to the same highschool.”

 

“jinjjayo?” he disbelief

 

“ye, lee mimi-ibnida” as I gave him my hand, to shake hands

He reached my hand, “oh.. ye, you’re that smart girl? Ne? lee mimi.. that’s why your name sounds so familiar”

“ye” I sounded like fool in front of him

“so.. you’re an artist now? How did you end up at this point?”

“mianada mimi-ssi, but I gotta go, going to a fansigning around here, we shouls keep in touch? Should we?”

“ye, we should, I think.”

“arraso, save my sns, give yours to me. I’ll talk to you ASAP, okay? Gamsahabnida, mimi-ssi. Nice to meet you.”

 

“nice to meet you too, again, chansung-ssi”

I finally say.

 

 

 

AUTHOR POV

 

As soon her shift ended, he drove all the way to the university, oh by the way, she chose physcology, she loves to hear her friends, she loves to give them the solution, knowing human’s personality, because she believes that every single human in this planet is different.

 

She sits down in her study, with her glasses on, with her laptop, listening to some music, and thinking…. Nothing, she keeps repeating those words that chansung has said earlier to her.

MIMI POV

 

“ah!! Na michigetda!! Ahhh Jinjja….”

AUTHOR POV

When she gets up from her study, her phone vibrates.

Who would it be? She thought to her herself

 

She reached her study again, and took her phone

 

OMG IT’S HIS SNS!!!! She almost shook herself

It says

 

 

 

“annyeong-haseyo mimi-ssi. An-ja? (are you awake)”

She looked at the time, of course he asked, it’s freakin 1.30 am!

She took some time to reply his chat, so it won’t seem that she wants to chat that much with him.

 

After 10 minutes she replies,

 

“ye, I’m awake. Waeyo chansung-ssi?”

 

She pressed the sent button

 

she walked here and there, waiting for his reply, omona… finally she chats with him after these years, hahaha. What a compliment.

 

 

3 minutes went by, chansung replied her chat.

 

“aniyo, just checking. Just got back from work, and I remember something, that I might owe someone something”

MIMI POV

She nearly passed out when she read the chat that chan sent her,

“omona.. he has been thinking about me? Lol, mimi c’mon, don’t be such a daydreamer”

She typed her answer, and sent it as soon as possible to him,

It said

“hahaha, gomawoyo chansung-ssi. You should rest, it’s tiring, ne? let’s talk again tomorrow J”

Sent.

 

“OMONA NAN BABOYA MIMI!! Why the hell I sent him a smiley? Babo babo babo!!” she blame herself, putting her phone away because she’s to afraid with chansung’s reply.

2 minutes had gone, he sent her chat.

“ye, you’re right, I need to sleep. Ah! Since I have no schedule tomorrow, can we meet up again? You pick the place, I’ll be there. You know, to reunite, because we went to the same school, ne? and plus, I miss my highschool memories”

“arraso, what about the shop that I work at? Starbucks at gangnam?”

“ye, sounds a good idea. Arra, I’ll be there at your lunch time, what time is it?”

“around… 2.00 pm”

“euheuheu, that’s my band you know ^^ ne, I’ll be there. Take care, mimi-ssi”

“ye, chansung-ssi do. Ehm, by the way? Can we speak informal?”

AUTHOR POV

That’s it. The last chat that they sent that night, leaving mimi thinking and guessing why doesn’t he reply again? Maybe he falls asleep? Or maybe he gets so sick of her because she asked that question?

 

She didn’t mind, the important thing is that she got the chance to meet-up with him, tomorrow

 

 

 

 

 

And then she fell asleep, thingking why now?