What's Happening To Me?

She's Mine

*I've finally finished a chapter to update! ^^ Taemin's fic will be the next update (fic wise, I have another scenario coming out soon too) but for those who are reading this one, I hope you all like it! ^^


The next few days were a little weird for you, considering the conversation with Xiumin that you had. Baekhyun disappeared from school and every time you tried to ask Xiumin about it, he would tell you not to worry about it and then avoid you for an hour, hoping you forgot it, you suppose. The boys had started avoiding skin contact with you, something that was very strange because they were usually a very affectionate group. You shook your head to clear your thoughts and took another bite of your food. You currently sat outside, the boys sitting quietly across you, only two of them dared to flank at your side. You glanced at them at the corner of your eye, Suho and Xiumin. Xiumin always sat beside you but lately Suho had become even more protective than usual. There were numerous times when you found him lingering by your side in the hallway, avoiding contact but making sure no one ran into you or anything. You sighed, pushing your tray away and getting up, leaving the table as you went to throw your food away. You heard Suho and Xiumin get up and follow you. You turned back to them and saw them sheepishly pause, “Why are you following me? I’m not five. I can take care of myself.” They looked to the ground, Xiumin biting his lip as Suho cleared his throat.

“______, we’re just looking out for yo…” You looked past them to see the boys freeze up and glance behind you as you heard someone come up from behind you.

“I asked them to look after you for me,” You heard Baekhyun’s voice behind you and you turned quickly, eye’s widening when you saw him standing there. He was dressed in all black and had his arms crossed, looking past you with his eyebrow raised, “I didn’t tell them, however, to follow you every where you go and annoy you.” He walked over, stopping by you momentarily, his voice going low, “You okay?” You nodded and turned to watch as he continued past you, stopping in front of Suho and Xiumin. “You two can go sit down.”

“Baek…” Suho began, reaching a hand out and placing it on his shoulder, “Calm down.” You heard a growl-like sound come from Baekhyun’s chest.

“Don’t tell me what to do,” Baekhyun’s voice came out through clenched teeth, as if he was struggling against an invisible force. You felt a sudden compulsion to calm him, do anything to make him happy, but you also felt a wave of fear. Something made you want to run away but as you saw Kai and Sehun tense, you knew that wasn’t an option. You stepped forward, nervously sliding your hand along Baekhyun’s shoulder blade, letting out a soft sigh of release as you saw some of the tension leave his body.

“Baekhyun…” you spoke softly, afraid to startle him. You heard him hum in question and stepped closer so that you were almost pressed against him, “I’m done eating. Will you walk me to my locker?” You needed to get him away from the boys, you needed to get him to calm down, you needed him happy. You didn’t understand this feeling in the pit of your stomach. You knew you liked him, a lot, but this was more than just like. It was a need buried somewhere deep that was telling you that making this man happy was your job, only your job. You found yourself growing almost possessive of him and it scared you that the feeling was so powerful. You felt his hand atop of yours before he turned, placing your hand in his as he stalked away with you in tow. You two went down the hall and past the office, heading to the parking lot and to your car. He opened your door and looked at you. You stood for a minute before quickly shuffling in, watching as he shut the door and went around and got in. He then leaned forward, resting his forehead on the dash as he closed his eyes. You heard him take deep breaths and knew he was trying to calm himself. You bit your lip nervously before reaching over and pressing your hand against his back, rubbing slow circles. His muscles released tension underneath your fingertips and he let out a content sigh.

“I’m sorry, ______,” his voice was soft, strained with something close to regret, “I don’t know what came over me to act like that to them… I didn’t mean it.”

“It’s okay, Baekhyun, they’ll understand,” you nodded your head softly before turning the car on and buckling your seatbelt, “Let’s go somewhere. Other than here, okay?” He nodded and sat up, buckling in before leaning against the window. You pulled out your phone and sent a quick message to Xiumin.

To: XiuXiu

- Hey, taking Baek away for awhile. Don’t be too hard on him, k? Already beating himself up about it.

From: XiuXiu

- Don’t worry, Suho already ordered us not to say anything to him about it.

- I mean, asked us not to say anything.

- Anyway, I’ll tell the others. Take good care of him.