Don't Mess With The Princess

She's Mine

The days following you meeting Xiumin were rather strange. The first two days he always met you at your locker, whisking you off to the lunchroom before you could protest. Each day was the same and you were beginning to feel beyond uncomfortable. Baekhyun was always staring at you while the others tried to include you into their conversations, but those conversations always led to something you didn’t get. They were hiding something from you, that much you could tell. The third day you had stopped Xiumin long enough to tell him you didn’t want to sit in the lunchroom and so he relented, grabbing his lunch and following you outside. When you asked why he followed you, he had dismissed it as him simply wanting you to have a friend. The fourth day, Kris and Tao joined you as well, then the fifth Luhan had made his way outside.

“_______?” you were drawn from your thoughts as Kris called your name, sitting down on the bench beside you. It was just you two and you looked around, looking for the others.

“Where’s the rest?” you asked quietly. He chuckled softly and opened his water bottle, taking a drink before setting it down.

“They’re coming, don’t worry. Suho had to round them up after they realized the other four got switched to our lunch. Finally, right?” Kris was nice and always made sure you were looked after. At first you thought it was suspicious, but after getting to know them a bit, you realized that was just how he was. He put on this ‘stronger-than-thou’ front and acted like he didn’t care, but if one were to watch his actions, they could tell he cared very much, “So, I heard from Sehun that you had a history test today.” Ah. You almost forgot he was only a grade ahead, because of how mature he acted.

“Yeah,” you replied, eating one of your chocolate cake balls you made, offering one to Kris. He happily took it and began snacking.

“How’d it go?” he asked as he grabbed the water bottle and took another sip.

“It’s went okay… Alright, I think I did horrible, but don’t tell Suho, okay? He’ll insist I get a tutor after he lectures me on trying harder,” you smiled softly as Kris began laughing, almost choking on the cake ball that he had been eating. Suho and Kris were like your honorary parents. Suho reminded you of a dad that was stern but only wanted the best for you and Kris… well… he was like the cool dad that wanted you to do well but also liked to off.

“That is something Suho-like, isn’t it?” he chuckled as the others walked up and sat around the table.

“What’s me-like?” Suho asked as he sat beside you.

“Nothing!” you said quickly, jabbing Kris in the side to keep him quiet. Your gaze moved to Baekhyun as you drowned out the other’s voices. Over the past week you’ve begun to see a change. He’s still quiet, but he doesn’t stare as often and when you do catch him staring, his gaze was always soft. You often found a slight smile on his face before he would get awkward and look away. What you wouldn’t give to see into his mind for just a minute.

“Did you hear me?” Xiumin’s question brought you back to reality and you looked around to see everyone staring at you.

“W-What?” you asked nervously, blushing and looking down at your hands.

“She didn’t hear you,” Sehun piped up with laughter and a weird look on his, “she was too busy staring at Baekhyun~~” You blushed more and hid your face under your hair.

“Awwww, that’s so cuteeeee!” Kai said, holding his stomach as he laughed. You heard someone slam their tray down and everyone go quiet. You look up just in time to see Baekhyun rise and grab his food. He walked away and into the cafeteria, leaving the boys staring after him and Suho staring at you with a knowing look.

“What?” you asked Suho lowly but he just shook his head and stood up, following Baekhyun into the cafeteria. Soon all except for Xiumin, Kris, and Tao stood up, following the two, “What did I do wrong?”

“Nothing, ______, they’re just moody,” Xiumin smiled awkwardly at you.

“Yeah, don’t pay any attention to them, okay?” Kris laid his hand on your shoulder before clearing his throat and going back to eating silently. You frowned and stood up, pushing your food away and leaving the table, headed towards the office, “_____, come on, please finish your food.”

“No, I’m done,” you left them and walked into the office, signing yourself out and going to your locker, grabbing your books and keys and heading towards your car. Xiumin was waiting for you, leaning against your car with his arms crossed, “Go away, Xiu.”

“I don’t think so,” he replied, waiting for you to unlock your car before getting into the passenger side.

“Xiu, seriously, get out,” you said, starting the car.

“Where are we going?” he asked, pulling on his seatbelt.

I am going home,” you replied, doing the same.

“Forget that, I have a better place.”