Where's my Birthday Present?

Where's my Birthday Present?

Where’s my Birthday Present?

“I’ll be back tomorrow morning, okay?”

“Fine,” you sighed giving up, “but don’t you dare get here late.”

“Are you kidding? I won’t miss my wonderful girl’s birthday for anything in the world.”

You smiled like a fool even though he couldn’t see you. “You better mean that,” you said faking anger.

“Did you know?”

“What?” you asked confused.

“That I love you…”

Your heart skipped a beat thanks to those words. The words you wanted to hear every single day from him, your boyfriend, from Key.

“I love you more,” you said, sudden sadness taking over. He’s been in Japan for quite a long time and you missed him so much.

“Don’t worry babe. I’ll be there early tomorrow. I promise you when you open your eyes, I’ll be there right beside you.”

“I’ll be expecting it,” you chuckled.

“And you should! Oh, babe, gotta go now—” his words were interrupted by Taemin who could be heard loud and clear telling you both to hang up already because they had work to do.

“Oh, don’t mind him. He’s just cranky because your beloved friend hasn’t called him in a few days.”

You laughed at Taemin’s cute way of expressing his love. “We’ve been suffering from finals syndrome so I bet she’s been doing nothing but studying.”

“I’m sure he knows, though. Anyways, I’ll see you tomorrow babe, can’t wait.”

You couldn’t see him but you knew him all too well to know that along with those words came a smirk decorating his face. You blushed at the image and hung up after saying your goodbyes.

You just couldn’t stop wishing that tomorrow, your birthday, came quickly.

You woke up to the usual morning alarm. Once you opened your eyes, you realized what day it was. Searching the room for any signs of your boyfriend was useless since everything was just as you left it the night before. Somehow you knew he wouldn’t make it, you just couldn’t help but feel hopeful.

Feeling a bit sad and disappointed, you got ready for college. You just had this wonderful luck that the day of your birthday you almost always had a final, professors’ gift to you.

“Happy Birthday,” you congratulated your reflection through gritted teeth and left the apartment.

 

After spending at least a nice time with your friends and receiving gifts, you decided to head back home early. In all honesty, it didn’t feel the same without Key. You missed him way too much and you didn’t want to let it show in front of your friends to make them worry.

You got scared when you arrived at your apartment and found the door unlocked. The first thing that crossed your mind was the possibility of a robbery. But then you noticed a very familiar pair of shoes and a wide grin took form on your face. You ran to your room knowing he’d be there waiting on your bed like the little ert he was but you just couldn’t care less. You missed him so much you decided you’d throw yourself at him when you see him.

“Kibum-ah!” you happily exclaimed when you opened the door to your room, your eyes widening at the sight before you.

“Babe! Why are you here so early? I thought you were going to spend some time with your friends,” Key said struggling to sit straight on your bed.

“W-what happened?” you asked staring at his left thigh which was wrapped in a bandage.  

“Oh, this? It’s nothing I just pulled a muscle while rehearsing.”

“It’s nothing? It’s completely swollen!” you exclaimed running desperately to his side.

“I’m okay, I swear! The doctor said I just need to rest and make sure I stretch properly before dancing next time,” he grinned like a little kid.

You hit him with the nearest pillow. “You idiot, can’t you see I’m worried?! How can you smile like that?!” you kept hitting him.

“Yah! You’re supposed to be hugging me!”

“Kim Kibum, I hate you!” you said at verge of tears and flung yourself at him while being careful not to hurt him.

“I know, I love you too,” he whispered in your ear and took in your sweet scent he missed so much.

You separated yourself from him only to get lost in his eyes.

“You should play that thing for me once, you know,” he suddenly said while pointing at your neck.

Confused, you looked down and noticed an item that wasn’t there before. A delicate necklace with a guitar charm on it, he knew you all too well.

“Happy Birthday,” he sincerely congratulated you.

Feeling overwhelmed, you cupped his face and planted your lips on his taking him by surprise. After processing what was going on, you felt his lips curving into a smile…or more like a smirk. Despite his pain, the kiss was deep and passionate. You were letting each other know how much you missed one another.

Surprisingly enough, Key was the first to break the kiss to catch his breath. “Sorry babe,” he panted, “I won’t be able to give you the real present today.”

“There’s a real present? Where is it?” you asked curiously.

Key leaned closer to your ear and you shivered when his breath brushed the sensitive area. “In my pants,” he whispered leaving you flustered.

“YAH! KIBUM!” you yelled hitting him once again with a pillow.

His sinister laugh filled the room and you loved it. Even though he teased you like this every day, you never got tired of it. On the contrary, you couldn’t live a single day without his mischievousness, you already grew fond of it. You just couldn’t live without him, you loved him too much.

“What are you doi—” you muffled his voice with your lips.

‘Thank you, Kibum-ah.’