Missing In Action

No Air

Jieun found herself, day by day, sitting alone at Willow's Cafe. Ordering water, and drinking it slowly. This became a daily routine, with Daehyun gone. As she sat alone, a paper flyer landed on her table. It was another poster, with Daehyun's face and a big 'missing' underneath his picture. Jieun stared longingly at it. Where was Daehyun? Jongin and Hyosung were always hanging out. She has never felt more alone.

After leaving the cafe, she would walk home alone in the dark. Unlike before, this time, there were some stars. She would tell herself not to cry because Daehyun was out there somewhere, even lonlier than she was. She had to find him. Although she thought this to herself many times, she never knew where to start.

This went on for a week, until one day, she was walking to Hyosung's house and ran into Jongin. Instead of giving him a rude comment, she just walked around him.

"Jieun, what's wrong?" He walked beside her. Jieun continued staring at the ground.

"Daehyun's missing, and you act as if nothing's wrong." Jieun whispered. She couldn't blame Jongin. He barely knew Daehyun. They've probably exchanged hello's and goodbye's five times. Jieun looked at Jongin. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry I can't help you with that." Jongin cleared his throat and walked on ahead of Jieun.

bird_divider.gif

"No stars tonight." Jieun kept walking as she looked up. Everything reminded her of Daehyun. She longingly stared at the benched they had sat on the night he almost kissed her. Then she felt an eerie silence within the trees around her.

Someone was watching her and she knew it. With a swift motion of her head, the wind rustled through the leaves. parted and she was about to speak, but someone clapsed their hand over . 

"Be quiet, and I'll let you go quickly." Jieun felt her heart about to leap out of her chest. That voice sounded just like him. He unclapsed her hand off . She quickly spun around and looked at his face.

"You came back." She wanted to reach out and grab him and never let him go, but that never happened because as soon as she said this, an bullet ripped through between them.

Then everything was blurry and dark.

When Jieun opened her eyes, she was in her bed. 

"Daehyun?" She asked out loud, but of course, no response. Had last night all been a dream? 

It couldn't have been. She felt him. He felt her. And she finally felt alive again when Daehyun was there. But someone tried shooting a gun at Daehyun.

She felt it in her stomach and heart, that Daehyun was still alive. Out there and alone.