Stranger's Interest

No Air

"Jieun!" Jieun looked up and saw Hyosung running towards her. "Did Mr.Handsome drive you to school again?" 

Jieun slowly nodded, "Yeah he did." She smiled a bit at the thought. All the girls at her school would do anything to be in her place and let Daehyun drive them to school. Then the sound of the bell ringing, signaling time to go to class, entered her ears.

"I'll see you later!" Hyosung ran off to her class. Jieun took her time walking, because going to class late was the least of her problems. She entered the class right when the teacher was taking roll.

"You're late, again." Ms.Hwang glared at her. Jieun sighed. It wasn't as if this was the first time Ms.Hwang hated her. She stared at her book. There was a note attached to it.

12/05: Willow's Café @ 5

bird_divider.gif

Jieun stood still and clicked 'call' by Daehyun's name.

"Hello?" She heard Daehyun's voice loud and clear. The voice that never failed to wake her up.

"Daehyun, are you busy right now?" Jieun hesitantly asked. She nervously pulled on the hem of her shirt.

"Why? Are you asking me out on a date?" Daehyun chuckled and caused butterflies to flutter in Jieun's stomach.

A couple of minutes passed until Daehyun's car showed up. Jieun sat in the passenger seat and buckled her seat belt.

"Willow's Café please." Jieun said. Daehyun raised his eyebrows and looked at her.

"So now I'm the taxi driver?" He laughed and stepped on the pedal. It was an awfully quiet drive. Jieun didn't know what to say. Daehyun didn't seem to have put the note on her book, but she hoped he did.

"Who are you meeting up with?" Daehyun asked. Well that answered her question on whether Daehyun put the note there or not.

"I don't know." Jieun said as she stared at the note and tried to figure out the hand writing. It wasn't very neat, nor was it very messy. Daehyun glanced at the note and scrunched his eyebrows.

"Aww my lil' Jieun has a secret admirer." Daehyun said, though his voice didn't sound convincing.

"You know I wouldn't be interested." Jieun shook her head furiously, so he could see while driving.

"Well in what case would you be interested?" Daehyun asked, Jieun felt the butterflies again. He couldn't have been suggesting something. Of course not. Daehyun parked the car right in front of the cafe.

"Don't forget your curfew is at 8." Daehyun looked at her in all seriousness and Jieun felt herself stiffen up.

"Sure." Jieun shut the door and walked towards the cafe. She scanned around for anyone who might be sitting alone. She then made eye contact with a blonde boy sitting alone right in the corner. She pulled out a chair across from him and sat down.

"Jieun." He studied her face as he said this. Jieun bit her bottom lip.

"Jongin, what do you want?" She asked. Kim Jongin was the guy's name. He was new to the city since yesterday. She found herself studying him too. 

"Hey, I'm new to this place. The least you can do is welcome me with open arms." He gave her a snide smile. Jieun couldn't stop staring at him. 

"Have we met somehwere before?" Jieun squinted her eyes. He looked awfully familiar, but she couldn't quite figure out where she had seen him before.

"In your dreams." Jongin slowly his lips. Jieun rolled her eyes.

"Just get to the point." Jieun said.

"Meow, fiesty! Well, apparently everyone knows that Hyosung is your best friend." Jongin slowly said. Jieun groaned and palmed her face. She could tell where this was leading to.

"I want you to set me up for a date with Hyosung." Bingo. Many guys had talked to Jieun about this. They all wanted to date Hyosung. Well, not exactly date Hyosung, but date her money. Yes, her best friend, Jun Hyosung, is the prettiest and richest girl in the city. Did Jieun also mention that Hyosung's father ran the largest company in the city? Well, now you know.

"No." Jieun said, not fearing that she would hurt his feelings. Why would guys be hurt? They don't even like Hyosung for who she is, just her money. Jieun turned her head so she wouldn't have to look at him. Daehyun was sitting in the car, staring at her.

Jieun stood up and was about to leave until someone grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

"Please, I really like her." Jongin pleaded, but Jieun could see the fakeness in his eyes. Jieun yanked her arm away and ran towards Daehyun's car. Daehyun's eyes shut for a second and opened.

"He asked you out didn't he?" Daehyun laughed.

"More like asking me to ask Hyosung out." Jieun rolled her eyes.

"Oh another one of those guys." Daehyun his lips. Jieun nodded.

It was a long, silent drive home. Daehyun seemed to have been loss in thought. Jieun didn't mind. She liked the quiet. Once they arrived at her house, Daehyun gave a little cough which surprised Jieun.

"Have a good night." Daehyun leaned in and pulled her face towards his. Jieun had wanted to know how it felt to kiss someone, ever since she was young. It all changed when she met Daehyun. She had wanted to know how it felt to kiss Daehyun. It was a longing that she had fantasized, but now it was happening when she least expected. Her stomach never seemed to stop flipping when Daehyun was around. After she pulled away, she was embarrassed.

"Am I a good kisser?" Jieun immediately felt stupid again, just like this morning when she asked him how she looked. Daehyun smirked at this question. Jieun felt her body become warmer.

"Very." Daehyun smiled and his lips. Jieun couldn't take the heat anymore. She quickly unbuckled her seat belt, hopped out of the car and ran towards her house. She slammed the front door and tried to calm her breathing.

"I just had my first kiss." She slowly whispered to herself. "But I didn't give him a proper goodbye." Jieun opened her door again and peaked outside. As if Daehyun read her mind, he was waiting in the car, waving. She smiled and waved. Then, she watched him drive away.