suho/chen

Drabbles and stuff

another failed three sentence fic. prompt suchen christmas dinner

 

Meeting the parents, it turns out, was a much more stressful ordeal than Junmyeon had anticipated. It wasn’t that Jongdae’s family were disapproving, no; in fact they seemed terribly enthusiastic about their youngest son’s new boyfriend and had deigned to shower Junmyeon with ridiculous amounts of affection and strangely personal questions.

Now, sat next to Jongdae at the dinner table, hands discreetly linked underneath the table because, even though he knew that here there was no reason to hide, Junmyeon still felt uncomfortable with overt displays of affection, (Jongdae, thankfully, was understanding, even if he did push Junmyeon’s limits far more than he would have liked) and stuffed into a garish Christmas sweater that was obviously homemade, Junmyeon became bombarded with questions; the standard what his parents did; what he did; did he have any siblings; to the odd what would you do in the wake of a zombie apocalypse, or if you had to wipe your 100 times before it became clean if you got $1000 a day would you do it (the former resulted in uproarious laughter from Jongdae and a high five with Jongdeok while Junmyeon sat awkwardly trying to avoid the question).

But even with all the awkwardness, seeing Jongdae’s huge smile as he gently poked at and teased Junmyeon- for his awkwardness, his ridiculous jumper -playfully tossing peas at him and Junmyeon restraining from admonishing him like a child, instead smiling placidly and gently running his thumb along the side of Jongdae’s hand, squeezing their interlocked fingers, caused a feeling of warmth to rise and bubble in his chest. Even if he spent the rest of the meal being teased, hearing Jongdae’s laughter and seeing the joy plain on his face made it worth it, and really, that was all that mattered.