HanHan 4

Romance Playground ~Hiatus~

"Well...I didn't think that you would be able to do it!" Haneun frowned, folding her arms.

Hansol smirked, holding onto the pole beside him and pulled Haneun close with his free hand. The two were on a shuttle bus, on their way to Everland, the theme park. "But I did it. I was nice to Byungjoo the entire week." Haneun sulked and stared out of the window of the shuttle bus.

Although it was a surprise for her, Hansol was indeed nice to Byungjoo the entire week as a girl of her words, she went on a date with Hansol as promised and he was taking her to a theme park after he knew that she hadn't been to one before. 

The shuttle bus stopped as they arrived outside the theme park's entrance. They alighted and headed inside. Hansol took Haneun's hand in his and pulled her to the shop first, going to the headband section. "Hurry and choose one," he said. "Nothing pink and nothing with a bow though," he stated.

Haneun looked at the headbands, choosing an animal ear one for both of them. "I didn't know you would like to wear couple things," she said. "I thought guys don't like it?"

"Guys like it too because it shows that the girl is theirs," Hansol said, taking the headbands from her, looking at the sunglasses. "Should we wear sunglasses too?" he asked, looking through the collection. "Oh, these are quite cool."

"Are we going to spend all day in here? I want to go on the rides! Let's go!"

Hansol sighed, quickly picking two sunglasses and went to pay for the things while trying to stop Haneun from dragging him off. He grabbed the headbands and sunglasses, finally giving in to Haneun. Hansol smirked and put the headbands on their heads, handing a pair of sunglasses to Haneun.

"Don't we look good?"

Haneun looked at her reflection in a store window and grinned a little. "Oh...I suit headbands, don't I?" she grinned. "So? What should we ride first? How about...that really big roller coaster?"

"That one over there? We need to get on the cable car," Hansol said.

"C-cable car?" 

Hansol nodded and pointed at the cable car that everyone was lining up for. Haneun frowned and looked at Hansol.

"Is there no other way to get there?" Haneun asked, frowning slightly, staring at the cable cars that were coming and going. "Won't the cable break and the carriage fall?"

Hansol laughed and took Haneun's hand, joining the line for the cable car. Haneun struggled against him, trying to run away but Hansol insisted on her coming with him and before she knew it, they were the next ones getting into the cable car. Hansol got in first and helped Haneun on.

As the door of the cable car closed, Haneun freaked out. She looked around the cable car and her eyes widened as the cable car left the station, heading for the other side of the theme park. She immediately shrunk in her seat and held onto Hansol's hand tightly with her eyes squeezed shut.

"Are you not going to look at the scenery?" Hansol asked, teasing her a little. "Yah, I thought you're a strong commoner who's not afraid of anything?"

"Anything but heights..." Haneun admitted, gripping his hand tighter. "Ah...why does it have to be cable cars?" she mumbled and buried her face into Hansol's shoulder. "Are we there yet?"

Hansol shook his head and smirked more to himself. Although his hand was starting to hurt, he allowed Haneun to dig her nails into his skin. He didn't know why but seeing her so scared made Hansol really wanted to protect her. Perhaps it was because she looked cute. 

When the cable car arrived, Hansol got off and helped Haneun off who wobbled a little and held onto Hansol. "Are you crying?" Hansol asked, looking at Haneun who quickly wiped away the tears on her cheeks. Hansol chuckled and wiped her tears for her before kissing her forehead. "How are we going rides if you get so scared on the cable car?"

"I'm fine with rides!" Haneun insisted and Hansol gave her a look. "I'm seriously fine with rides...it was just really scary to see everything underneath me. What if the cable car fell? It's only held by a cable."

"Don't be silly. If it's not safe, they won't let people on it," Hansol smirked. "Right...what should we do now?"

"I want to go on the really big roller coaster."

"You just cried. Let's do something calm for now. How about that safari ride? You get to see lions."

"Why would I want to see lions?"

"Because...it's cool! And there are other animals there too. Like...the white tiger, white lion and they have a liger too."

Haneun blinked. "What's a liger?"

"Ah seriously?! I thought you were supposed to be the smart one? A liger is a cross breed between a lion and a tiger. It's very cool!"

After their mini argument, Hansol managed to convince Haneun to go on the safari ride first. She ended up enjoying it more than Hansol did. She took a lot of pictures and was grinning by the time they got off the ride. Hansol smiled, walking behind Haneun as she inspected the pictures. "Ah Hansol! What kind of camera work is this? I'm not in the picture! You're supposed to get me and the bear in," Haneun pouted.

"Maybe you should get a better phone then," Hansol retorted.

Haneun looked at her old-fashioned, flip-open, button-pressing phone and stuck her tongue out at Hansol. "Shut up...you and your fancy smart phone. Not everyone can afford to have such phones. And phones are for you to call and text, to communicate. This phone does all of those."

"Does it have Facebook? Twitter? Any kind of SNS at all?"

Haneun looked at Hansol with a very confused look and he shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about," Haneun said. "I told you, my phone calls and texts, that's all I need to know. If letter-writing didn't get out of fashion, I would prefer to write letters to other people. Technologies confuses me."

"Come on then, we'll go on the roller coaster."

Giving up on the conversation, Hansol walked on to the roller coaster queue with Haneun trailing behind him, smiling at her pictures like an idiot. They stood in line for quite a while before it was finally their turn. When the ride started, Haneun screamed a lot and gripped onto Hansol's hand really tightly but Hansol didn't mind because he was having the time of his life.

As they walked out, heading for the next ride, Hansol turned around and frowned, not seeing Haneun anywhere. He scanned through the mass of people but none of them were Haneun.

"Lee Haneun!" Hansol shouted, pushing through the crowd. "Lee Haneun!"

Hansol traced his steps back but he still didn't see Haneun anywhere. He frowned and pulled his phone out, about to call her when he saw that his phone has just ran out of battery. Hansol was contemplating whether or not he should report her missing so the staff could help him find her when he spotted a girl that looked like Haneun.

"Lee Haneun!"

Hansol ran after the girl and grabbed her elbow but when the girl turned around, Hansol was shocked. From the back, she looked like Haneun but her face definitely was not Haneun's. "What are you doing?" the girl asked, frowning at him. "Yah, let go of me."

"Hansol?"

Hansol turned around, letting go of the girl's elbow, and Haneun was there, standing behind her. Hansol went up to her and hugged her tightly. "Where did you go? Do you know how worried I was? You were supposed to follow me! Where did you go?!"

Haneun handed a drink to him and smiled a little. "I went to buy us something to drink. I told you I was going to look around the shop and buy a drink. But you didn't hear me and just walked on. Were you really worried?"

"No," Hansol frowned. "And why did you buy this? I don't like this drink."

"Then don't drink it." 

Haneun took the drink away from him and Hansol took her drink, smiling. "I like this one."

"They are the same," she frowned, flicking him on the forehead. "Why are you so weird? Can we go now? They sell ice cream over there, I want some."

"Let's go."

~Few days later~

Hansol smirked as he crossed his arms, watching as his friends gave up their most precious possession. He smirked more, checking them over before handing them to Byungjoo. "I told you I would get it done."

"We're surprised. You've said many times how much you hate commoners, we didn't think that you would actually go ahead with it," his friends said. "How did you do it?"

"Because I wanted to see you guys suffer. You do realise that you're never getting these things back, right? I'm going to destroy them as soon as I get home," Hansol stated. "And the commoner was fun. She was unlike other commoners but still a commoner. Just like this half-blood and his mother."

Byungjoo looked at Hansol and bit his bottom lip to keep quiet. Hansol's friends chuckled and knocked Byungjoo about, ruffling his hair before taking their leave. "Hyung..."

Hansol shot an unsatisfied look at Byungjoo.

"Hyung...don't you think it's not fair on Haneun-sshi? You're using her to bet with your friends. Shouldn't you...shouldn't you tell her the truth?"

"Tell her the truth? What am I? A charity? She should know that it's not going to happen between us if she's smart enough. I'll keep playing with her until I get bored of her."

"Hyung..."

"What?! Can you not say everything in one go?!"

Byungjoo kept quiet but his eyes kept looking at the front of the classroom. Hansol followed his gaze and saw Haneun standing right at the front of the classroom. It looked like she was about to cry but Haneun was very good at keeping the tears in. "I forgot a book," she whispered, going up to her desk.

She took the book from under her desk and Hansol avoided looking at her. "Good, you're here and you must have heard our conversation. Saves me time from telling you the entire story all over again."

"Why would you need to talk to me? I'm just a commoner," Haneun mumbled. "Byungjoo-sshi, everything I've prepared is in your locker. I'm going to go now."

"Are you going to be there tomorrow?" Byungjoo asked.

"No..."

Haneun left quickly and Hansol frowned at Byungjoo. "What's happening tomorrow?" he asked. "Did you two get together behind my back? I know she's a commoner but she was still mine, half-blood."

"Not everyone's like you, hyung. Haneun-sshi was serious about you. She's not one to play with feelings like you."

~Next day~

"Oh, you're home!" Yoojin smiled, running up to Hansol and Byungjoo. She was about to hug them both when Hansol avoided her, going up the stairs swiftly. Yoojin frowned slightly and looked at Byungjoo. "Um...where is Haneun-sshi?"

"She's not coming today. She didn't even come to school."

"She's not coming?" Yoojin frowned. "But...today is a special day. Is that why he's so upset? He didn't get to see her today."

Byungjoo looked at the stairs to make sure that Hansol wasn't there before looking at his mother. "Actually...hyung broke it up with Haneun-sshi. It was never real between them, eomma. Hyung never liked her. He wasn't really being nice to us either. He was using Haneun-sshi as a bet."

"Mwo?!" Yoojin gasped before hitting Byungjoo hard on the shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me before? Ah jinjja...my gosh, that's terrible. Is that why Haneun-sshi didn't go to school today? Ah...that Hansol...he's really..."

"Eomma...just let it go..." 

Meanwhile in Hansol's room, he dumped everything on the floor and flopped onto his bed, sighing softly. He grabbed his pillow and threw it across the room as hard as he could. "She's just a commoner...just a commoner," he muttered to himself. "A commoner who didn't come to school today...why didn't she come to school today?!"

He frowned and sat up, getting his phone out. Apart from messages from his friends and notifications from SNS, there were nothing. Hansol frowned and refreshed everything, deleting his messages to make sure that it wasn't because his inbox was full. 

"Damn it...it's my birthday...why aren't you calling? You think because you're a commoner you're allowed to throw tempers?! I'm Kim Hansol! You should be wishing me a happy birthday!"

Hansol stopped when there was a knock on his door. He quickly put his phone under his pillow and called to whoever was outside his door. Byungjoo walked in, carrying a cake and what looked like a present. He set them down on the table and headed for the door.

"Yah, are you just going to leave those things here without saying anything?"

"Those are from Haneun-sshi," Byungjoo said. "Eomma made you a cake too but she's too angry at you to give it to you now. I had a present for you too but I honestly don't think you deserve it. I didn't want to give you Haneun-sshi's either but...it's still your birthday and Haneun-sshi spent a lot of time making those for you."

Hansol waited until Byungjoo left before getting off his bed and walked over to the table. The cake had 'Happy Birthday Kim Hansol!' written on it and Hansol had no doubt that it was probably his favourite flavour as well. After cutting himself a slice of cake, Hansol got back onto his bed with the present in hand.

He ripped the wrapping paper off and opened the box to reveal a doll that looked at Haneun. Next to it was a card. Hansol frowned, picking up the doll and opened the card.

Tadah!

It's your birthday today and...I didn't know what to get you. You probably have everything you wanted anyway and I have no money to buy you a gift. Instead, I made you a cake and this doll! I hope the cake was delicious (if you get food poisoning, it wasn't me). As for the doll, it's Mini Haneun! This is for you when you miss me. And also to remind you to always be nice to Byungjoo-sshi and Yoojin-sshi. This doll will tell me everything! So you better behave yourself! 

Also, I have kidnapped Mini Haneun's boyfriend, Mini Hansol. You better take good care of Mini Haneun or else Mini Hansol will get it!

Lee Haneun

"Doll? Who gives a guy a doll for his birthday?" Hansol scolded, reading the card over and over again. "And who wishes someone else a happy birthday with a threat? Stupid..."

Hansol looked down at the doll and ate his cake, sighing softly. When he finished, he felt a little bored and looked around his room, reaching for his phone under his pillow. He called Byungjoo and waited for his brother to answer.

"Yeobeoseyo?"

"Come to my room. I'm bored."

"I'm mad at you on behalf of Haneun-sshi."

"It's my birthday. And I have cake. It's too big for me to eat alone. Just come."

"Can I bring my mother?"

Hansol sighed softly, closing his eyes. "Fine..."

Byungjoo and Yoojin came moments later although Yoojin looked a little angry. She sat at the table and cut herself a big slice of cake, stuffing her cheeks with it. "This is delicious," she said, glaring at Hansol angrily. "But I'm never going to eat this again because someone made Haneun-sshi angry. Ah...Haneun-sshi would have been a very good daughter-in-law as well..."

"Eomma," Byungjoo frowned. "You promised you wouldn't talk about it."

"I can't help it! I don't care if it's his birthday. He's in the wrong for making Haneun-sshi angry..."

"Eomma!"

"If...If I get her back," Hansol said and both mother and son looked at him. Hansol cleared his throat and looked at the window instead. "If I get her back...will you forgive me, eomma?"

Yoojin's eyes widened. "What did you just call me?"

"Eomma," Byungjoo whispered to his mother and Yoojin smacked his head.

"Not you! Hansol! What did you call me?"

Hansol sighed and cleared his throat. "E-eomma."

"Omo! Happy birthday to you, my dear son!" Yoojin smiled, going to hug Hansol who was surprised. "I'm going to make your birthday dinner now. Kim Byungjoo! Stop eating that cake and help your brother get Haneun-sshi back! I'm so happy right now!"


Check out A.T.P's and Topp Dogg's variety show!