HanHan 3

Romance Playground ~Hiatus~

"Mwo?"

"Are you deaf now?"

Hansol had just proposed to have their weekend tutoring sessons take place at Haneun's house. His reason? Because he felt like it. When Hansol was having one of his tempers, Haneun could still deal with him. But when he was being unreasonable like so, Haneun had no idea what to do. "But why my house? It's really small and we don't have maids to serve you food. I'm not going to be your maid!"

"It's settled. I'm coming to your house."

~.~

Hanmin stared at Hansol and Hansol stared back. "Who are you?" she asked.

"Kim Hansol. I'm here for Lee Haneun."

"Unnie? Eomma! Unnie has a secret boyfriend!" Hanmin shouted before looking at Hansol again. "Eomma! Unnie has a flower boy boyfriend!"

Haneun came out from her room and covered Hanmin's mouth, shooing her away and let Hansol in. "Ignore her, eomma. It's just Hansol, the guy I'm tutoring from school."

Haneun brought Hansol a pair of slippers as he took his shoes off. "Where's the living room?" he asked.

"This is the living room..." Haneun muttered.

Soohan came out from the kitchen and smiled, going up to Hansol. "Omo...he's so handsome," she said, taking Hansol's hand and pulled him over to the small coffee table in the middle of the room, sitting down with him. "Hansol-sshi, is it? Haneun talks a lot about you. You're not how I imagined you at all."

"Eomma!" Haneun hissed and shooed her mother away as well.

She silently went to get her books and sat on the floor next to Hansol, beginning the tutoring session. Hansol kept pressing her for answers to his questions like what did she talk about to her mother about him. Haneun grabbed the back of his head and made him look at his books instead. 

While they were studying, both Hanmin and Soohan were peeking from the kitchen. "Eomma...do you think they're really going out?" Hanmin asked, looking at her mother.

"I hope they are," Soohan replied. "It's about time Haneun has a normal teenage life. This Hansol is really good looking...Ah, I never thought our Haneun would find herself such a handsome guy. It was the right decision to make her go to Seoul Academy."

Suddenly, several cushions were thrown at them and Hanmin and Soohan dodged just in time. Haneun looked over and saw that they had ducked back into the kitchen, finally leaving her and Hansol alone. "Noona..." Both Hansol and Haneun looked up and saw Hansoo standing by his bedroom door, holding a toy monkey in his arm. "Noona, who is he?"

"This is my friend from school, Hansol. What did I tell you before, Hansoo? What do we do when we meet new people?" Haneun asked.

Hansoo walked up to Haneun and hid behind his older sister. "Annyeong..." he said, looking at Hansol. "It's nice to meet you, hyung."

Hansol smiled softly and waved a little at Hansoo. Haneun was a little surprised because she thought he was too cool for this but up until now, there still hadn't been a single person who was able to resist Hansoo. "Is there something you wanted?" Haneun asked, letting Hansoo sit on her lap. She and kissed his head, giving him a hug.

"Noona promised that you would go shopping with me. It's my birthday soon," Hansoo said, looking up at Haneun. "Did you forget, noona?"

Haneun looked stunned. She did indeed forget that she promised Hansoo that but Haneun was blaming everything on Hansol. If he didn't suddenly propose coming to her house, she would have remembered her promise with Hansoo. "Ah...well, noona's busy at the moment," she said. "How about tomorrow? We can go shopping tomorrow."

"We have to go and see appa tomorrow," Hansoo reminded her. Haneun took in a deep breath and looked at Hansol then at Hansoo. "It's okay, noona...noona is busy so I won't bother you."

"We're done for today anyway," Hansol said, closing his books.

"Done? We haven't even started," Haneun frowned.

"We're done," Hansol insisted and looked at Hansoo. "So it's your birthday soon? You can't celebrate a birthday without presents. I'll let your noona take you shopping. Is it okay if hyung tag along?"

Hansoo nodded and smiled brightly instantly, getting up from Haneun's lap and ran over to the front door, putting his shoes on. He stood there and waited for Haneun. Haneun put her own shoes on and bent down, doing Hansoo's laces for him before taking his hand. "We're going out, eomma! Is there anything you need?"

"Ani! Have fun!" Soohan shouted to them and smiled, waving them off.

"Don't kiss in front of Hansoo!" Hanmin added but her mother covered , making her wave instead.

Hansol walked behind the siblings as Haneun and Hansoo walked to the bus stop together. They waited for the bus and got on, paying for the fares. Haneun ended up having to pay for Hansol who apparently had never took the bus before in his life. They got off after a while and came to a shopping mall.

Hansoo dragged Haneun to the toy store and Hansol followed behind. Hansoo pointed at almost every toy and said that he wanted each and every one of them. Haneun told him to choose one and although a little upset, Hansoo settled on a robot instead.

"Wow...children's toys are so expensive," Haneun mumbled, staring at the box and the price stated on it. "But it's for Hansoo's birthday, isn't it?" she smiled at her little brother. "Alright then, we'll get this for Hansoo. Is there a cake you want as well?"

Hansoo nodded. Haneun told him to wait for her while she went to pay for the toy. Hansol followed after her and stood beside her. "So you don't celebrate your own birthday but you're willing to spend all this money on toys and cakes for your brother's birthday?" Hansol asked. "I don't even say happy birthday to that half-blood."

"First off, his name is Byungjoo-sshi, not half-blood. Secondly, not everyone is cold-blooded like you are. Just because I couldn't have a childhood doesn't mean my siblings can't have one," Haneun said. "I'd do anything to make Hanmin and Hansoo happy. Unlike you."

"What do you mean unlike me?" Hansol frowned. "I can be nice."

"Oh really? Wanna bet on it?"

Hansol frowned even more before smirking. "Fine. If I win the bet, I get to go on a date with you."

"A date?" Haneun asked but nodded. "Fine. But if you lose the bet, you'll have to be nice to Byungjoo-sshi and Yoojin-sshi forever," Haneun grinned. "Okay, rules for this bet is...you have to be nice to Byungjoo-sshi for one whole week. No calling him half-blood or hitting him. Even the tone of your voice when you're talking to him has to be nice. And..." Haneun grinned. "You have to call Yoojin-sshi eomma at least once. I have to be there to hear it!"

Hansol took in a deep breath and glared but slowly let out a sigh. "Fine..." he mumbled, biting his bottom lip. "Fine...I'll bet with you."

~Few days later~

Byungjoo had a project to do and was unable to have lunch with Haneun so she headed to the cafeteria herself, going over to their usual corner table. As she sat down, several guys pulled up chairs to the table and sat down with her. Haneun stared at them and frowned slightly. "Um...can I help you?" she asked.

"Well...we would love it if you could help us like you do with Kim Hansol."

"Huh? Oh, do you mean tutoring? Well...the school only requires me to tutor one person but if you guys really need help, I suppose I could help," Haneun nodded.

"Tutoring? Is that what you're calling it? Gosh, commoners sure know how to appeal to others," they smirked. "Tell us, what kind of things do you do with Kim Hansol? How many times have you done it?"

Haneun frowned, extremely confused by their words. "I have no idea what you're trying to say...if you don't need help with studying, please leave me alone."

"Oh come on, how much does he pay you to sleep with him?"

One of the guys was suddenly slammed against the table and Hansol glared at them. "What did you say to Haneun?" he asked. "What did you say?!"

"Don't pretend, Kim Hansol! We all know you're sleeping with her. That's why you're always around her. You never like commoners so why else would you be around her all the time? Unless...ha! Kim Hansol, have you fallen in love with a commoner?"

"I'll never like a commoner," Hansol stated coldly. "Now get your facts straight, she's only tutoring me and nothing else. Don't you guys dare to try and accuse her of anything else. Understand?"

Haneun stared at Hansol as the other guys scattered off. Hansol was expecting to be given the lunchbox like always but Haneun got up, gripping her bag tightly. "I...I just remembered that I have something to do. I'll see you around," she said, walking off.

Haneun took in a deep breath, closing her eyes. What was wrong with her? She knew that Hansol never liked commoners so why did that comment hurt her so much? 'I'll never like a commoner'. That sentence repeated itself over and over again in her head and Haneun frowned. 

"Snap out of it, Haneun...it means nothing. He doesn't like you and you don't like him."

~Weekend~

After his visit to Haneun's house, Hansol was banned to ever go to his house again and their normal tutoring session during the weekend was moved back to Hansol's house.

Hansol paced up and down in his room, looking at his watch before staring at the clock on the wall and frowned. Haneun was never late. In fact, she was always early. This time, however, she was an hour late and Hansol was getting agitated. 

When the doorbell finally rang, Hansol rushed out. He got to the top of the stairs and stopped himself. "Why am I so excited? It's just Haneun," he mumbled and walked down the stairs coolly as Yoojin went up to the door, opening it. "Oh, Haneun-sshi," she smiled then frowned, catching Haneun as she fell. "Haneun-sshi?!"

Hansol ran down the stairs and pushed Yoojin out of the way, holding Haneun in his arms. "I fell asleep on the bus..." Haneun whispered. "Sorry I'm late..."

"You're ill, you idiot!" Hansol shouted, touching her forehead. "You're burning up..." he frowned and carried her in his arms, going upstairs to his room. Yoojin followed behind as Hansol placed Haneun on his bed. "What do I do? What do I do with a fever?" he asked, pacing up and down then saw Yoojin and frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"Get a towel and wet it with cold water," Yoojin ordered. "Then get the medicine from the box in the kitchen shelf and get a glass of warm water. Also, please get me some clean clothes and a clean towel," she said.

Hansol stared at her. "Who are you to order me around?"

"Are you really going to hate on me now, Hansol? Haneun-sshi is ill, we need to take care of her. Please just do as I tell you."

Hansol looked at the half-conscious Haneun and nodded, going to get everything Yoojin told him to. He placed a t-shirt of his on the bed along with the clean towel and handed the wet towel to Yoojin. The medicine and glass of water was put on the nightstand and Hansol stood by the bed, watching Yoojin.

Yoojin looked up and frowned at Hansol. "I'm going to take her clothes off now. I don't think you should be here."

Hansol's face went bright red as he quickly turned and left. He stood by the door outside and waited until Yoojin told him to come in. Hansol went over to the bed and sat on the edge, touching Haneun's forehead. Suddenly, Haneun grabbed his arm and hugged onto him tightly. Hansol struggled but Haneun whined like a child.

"Okay...okay, I'm not going anywhere," Hansol said. "You idiot...why would you come if you're ill? Just call and tell me that you're ill."

"Kim Hansol won't believe me..." Haneun whispered and frowned. "My head hurts..."

Yoojin smiled, watching the two. "You really got Hansol worried, Haneun-sshi," Yoojin said, taking Haneun's dirty clothes and put them in the laundry basket. "You should have seen his face."

"What are you still doing here?" Hansol glared at Yoojin. 

"Be nice..." Haneun mumbled, hugging onto Hansol tighter. "Yoojin-sshi loves you...she was very worried when you were ill last time."

"Shut up and go to sleep," Hansol ordered. "She could be pretending for all I know..."

Yoojin sighed softly and left the room without another word. When she came back to check on Haneun, the two teenagers were fast asleep on the bed. Yoojin smiled and covered them with the duvet, gently Haneun's hair. "Haneun-sshi...maybe you should come here more often. Today Hansol talked to me because of you. He wasn't nice about it but it was a start. I told you if anyone was to change our relationship, it would be you."

"What are you talking about?" Hansol asked, startling Yoojin. 

"Oh...did I wake you? I'm sorry, I'll leave now," Yoojin said, getting up.

"Dad's not here, you don't have to act. It's fine to be who you really are in front of me. I know the kind of person you are anyway," Hansol said, sitting up on the bed.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Yoojin said. "Hansol...I know you don't like me because I came into your family but believe me when I say I only want the best for you. I really do think of you as my son and I love you as much as I love Byungjoo. I don't know what I can do to make you like me but whatever it is, I will do it. There is only one thing I ask of you. Please treat Byungjoo like your brother. He really looks up to you."

"Get out."

~.~

Haneun opened her eyes and yawned softly. Her eyes landed on the sleeping Hansol next to her and she blushed. "You look good when you sleep..." she whispered.

"I look good all the time," Hansol stated, opening his eyes. Haneun's face went bright red and Hansol smirked. "Yah, you idiot, why did you come here with a fever? And you came on a bus as well...what if something happened to you?"

"Why do you care?" Haneun mumbled and looked away, pulling away from Hansol.

"What am I going to do if something happens to you? Who would go on a date with me?"

"Who's going on a date with you? You haven't won the bet! And it's not like you care...you'll never like a commoner, you said so yourself."

"You're a special one," Hansol said.

Haneun looked at him and saw that his face was bright red, matching hers. Hansol leaned closer to her and stared into her eyes. "What?" Haneun asked. Hansol slowly moved in closer but Haneun quickly stopped him. "What are you doing?!"

"Kiss you, of course! Are you that much of an idiot?!"

"You can't! You'll get ill!" Haneun struggled against Hansol and sat up on the bed, covering as she scooted away from him.

Hansol rolled his eyes and grabbed her arm, pushing her back onto the bed and got on top of her, holding her down. "Good, then let me get ill. Didn't you know that if you pass your germs on, you'll get well soon?"

"What kind of logic is that?" Haneun frowned. "I'm not going to kiss you!"

"Then when will you kiss me? I'm not a patient guy."

"Change your relationship with Yoojin-sshi. Treat her like your mother. Then...I'll consider kissing you."

There was a knock on the door and Yoojin walked in, staring at the two. "Um...am I interrupting something?" she asked. Hansol didn't move from his position but Haneun wriggled under him, trying to get away and explain to Yoojin at the same time. "It's okay, I totally understand. You're both healthy young people. It's perfectly normal to do things like this. I shall get going then..."

"Eomma."

Both Yoojin and Haneun were shocked. Yoojin looked at Hansol and Haneun blinked. 

"OW! Why did you pinch me?!" Hansol frowned, rubbing his arm and got off Haneun. "Aish...that hurts!"

"It's not a dream..." Haneun mumbled. "What did you just call Yoojin-sshi?"

"It's normal to call your mother eomma, isn't it? Eomma, can you get Haneun something to eat? And please give her mother a call and let her know that Haneun will be staying the night."

Flustered, Yoojin nodded happily, going to leave the room but came back quickly. "Do I need to get a guest room ready? Where else will Haneun-sshi sleep?"

"She'll sleep here," Hansol said. "Now please leave us alone."

As soon as Yoojin left, Hansol grabbed Haneun's chin and made her look at him before crashing his lips on her and smirked a little. Haneun's eyes widened and she pulled away from him. "What was that for?! I didn't say I would kiss you!"

"You promised that you would if I change my relationship with her. I'm calling her eomma now, aren't I? And don't worry, I'll keep it up. I won't give up just because I've kissed you now."

"You better keep your promise."

After dinner, Haneun sat on Hansol's bed comfortably and laid down, hugging the duvet tightly. Hansol naturally got in beside her but Haneun reacted quickly and pushed him off the bed before he could lie down comfortably. "Mwoya?! Why did you push me off?"

"I'm a girl. How can you share a bed with me?" Haneun asked. "You can sleep on the floor," she said and threw a pillow for him along with a thin blanket. "There," she smiled. "And don't try to climb in bed with me in the middle of the night. Goodnight."

"Who would?" Hansol mumbled and placed the pillow underneath his head, pulling the thin blanket over his body.

Haneun turned the light off and climbed into bed. She moved about, trying to go to sleep but couldn't. She to her side and peeked at Hansol who was on the floor next to the bed. Haneun bit her bottom lip and made a decision.

She grabbed a pillow and dragged the duvet down with her, making herself comfortable next to Hansol. Hansol smirked softly with his eyes closed and wrapped an arm around Haneun. Haneun smiled softly to herself and snuggled into him, sharing the duvet with him.


Check out A.T.P's and Topp Dogg's variety show!